Fleetwood Away

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jim Chimmerney

Can hear the 'Cod Army' roar from his back garden
Reaction score
Less than 3 weeks to the big one :eek:

With only around 1,000 tickets for away fans, I'm presuming, even though it's close to Xmas, that we'll easily sell out. I can't bear to be sat with the home fans for this one so am looking at maybe getting one of the exec boxes. I anyone is interested, let me know and I'll make some enquiries. They cater for 12 fans and it includes a three course meal and it's around £50-£60 a head.

Without wanting to upset the loyalty point Gods, if anyone wanted to purchase two tickets on my behalf however.......... ;)

I'll sort out a Guide to Fleetwood nearer the time for all those venturing over for the delights of Codsville.

We were sorting terrace tickets tomorrow, coming over on the train... were going to stay over, till we remembered it's essentially north-Blackpool :D

We were sorting terrace tickets tomorrow, coming over on the train... were going to stay over, till we remembered it's essentially north-Blackpool :D

It's far enough away from Blackpool, much more respectable ;)

It's far enough away from Blackpool, much more respectable ;)

That's what I thought, but we lost the will to live after several looks through trip advisor, so it's just a day out on the train instead :D

We should be there fairly early.

Are you just needing two tickets? I can ask around.

What's easiest way to get? Train to Blackpool and tram up the coast? Does Fleetwood even have a British rail station?

Considering this an away game due to not being any others till after Xmas but depends if can get tickets.

What's easiest way to get? Train to Blackpool and tram up the coast? Does Fleetwood even have a British rail station?

Considering this an away game due to not being any others till after Xmas but depends if can get tickets.

We're getting the train to Blackpool, then tram to Fleetwood.

Bloody hell are the French buying those out now as well?

Meant British as in British Rail as in mainline station. ;)

From the excellent "football ground guide" website

There is no railway station in Fleetwood itself. The closest is at Poulton-le-Fylde, which is just over five miles away. However it is more likely that fans will head to Blackpool North station which is around seven miles away. A taxi from the station to Fleetwood will cost you the best part of £20, which may okay if there is a group of you. For smaller groups it may be better to catch a bus to Fleetwood, Service numbers 1 and 14, run from Blackpool.

Jean Cox of Blackpool Transport informs me; 'When you come out of Blackpool North Station walk up to the main road which is Talbot Road and then walk down past Wilkinson’s store, cross the road at the Station Pub and then walk down to the bus stop outside Home Bargains. The line 14 is on the hour and then every 10 minutes to Fleetwood. Or you can walk down to the Promenade. At the North Pier you will see the tram stop, at the end of the tram shelter there is a bus stop for the Line 1 which also goes to Fleetwood. Line 1 runs 12 minutes past the hour and then every 20 minutes. You can buy an unlimited day travel pass for £3.95 per adult'.
If you have time on your hands and you fancy a trip along the sea front, then you could walk to the sea front in Blackpool and catch one of the new fleet of trams that were introduced in 2012. Services to Fleetwood run every 20 minutes and the journey takes around 40 minutes. The nearest stop to the ground is Stanley Road, which is around 200 yards from the stadium.

Mark Cotterill a visiting Blackpool fan adds; 'Most away fans who go to Fleetwood by train will normally go via Preston, where you can change for Poulton-le-Fylde. You can then get either a number 80 or 82 bus to Fleetwood (the bus stop is directly opposite the station entrance). Which costs £5.50 return. You can get off on Poulton Road right outside the Strawberry Gardens Pub (the ground is a 10-15 walk from the pub). The bus takes only 15-20 minutes. If you go from Blackpool North the bus takes 45 minutes and Tram around 50 minutes.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/fleetwood_town/index.htm

That's what I thought, but we lost the will to live after several looks through trip advisor, so it's just a day out on the train instead :D

We should be there fairly early.

Are you just needing two tickets? I can ask around.

Two would be great if you could, I'm too far down the loyalty food chain these days.

Is that possible to be far enough away from Blackpool ?

Nope :)

Yep, Poulton is actually the nearer station but much easier to get there from Blackpool.

I'd have thought the best way is train Blackpool North Station, walk down Talbot Rd to North Pier / Metropole Hotel, Tram to Fleetwood, though I usually drive when over visiting family..

We stayed in Blackpool before the Preston game and I must say it is a shithole, although saying that we found a nice B & B at the north end with a Northern Soul pub selling Stones's at 2 quid a pint

I'm a friend of a fisherman, Linz

Nice one Russ - almost tapped in an open goal there - however, you missed as you didn't use a comma in the appropriate place (fixed it for you btw) ;)

As it stands it states that you are pals with a fisherman called Linz :oops:

Wanting to go to this one but it seems the ticket office won't post terrace tickets out, which is great fun for non locals. Prob sells out before I have enough points anyway so will be moot

Should be going to this one. My dad lives in Poulton Le Fylde now. It's a good old little market town with some good boozers. Would recommend it to anyone who wants an alternative to Blackpool, it's a good spot for real ale (and on the main trans Pennine train route). Particularly the 5 pubs in or around the market square. We will be drinking there and heading up to Fleetwood just before the game in a taxi or on the bus.

My parents got married in Fleetwood during the war years.

I have a memory that my mum lived there for a time, while Dad was away driving his submarine in the Med.

Long before my time. Just a twinkle in the sky then. :rolleyes:

HH

PS - Hard to make this away game, just so far away.

Should be going to this one. My dad lives in Poulton Le Fylde now. It's a good old little market town with some good boozers. Would recommend it to anyone who wants an alternative to Blackpool, it's a good spot for real ale (and on the main trans Pennine train route). Particularly the 5 pubs in or around the market square. We will be drinking there and heading up to Fleetwood just before the game in a taxi or on the bus.

Yep, two or three decent pubs in Poulton.
Unfortunately, the quick bus was withdrawn about 8 months ago so of the only two left, one takes well over an hour as it goes round all the back streets and shopping centres and the other is about a 15 min walk out of Poulton centre. A cab is around £9.

Anyway, how are ticket sales going, anyone stumbled across any spares :)

My dad went down for ours yesterday afternoon and said the lass behind the counter still had a big wedge left. Might all change today though.

Yep, two or three decent pubs in Poulton.
Unfortunately, the quick bus was withdrawn about 8 months ago so of the only two left, one takes well over an hour as it goes round all the back streets and shopping centres and the other is about a 15 min walk out of Poulton centre. A cab is around £9.

Anyway, how are ticket sales going, anyone stumbled across any spares :)
I'll pm you

One ticket sorted (cheers NorthYorks), if anyone else could help with another it would be much appreciated.

A Potteries-based forum member has asked me to advise you there's plenty available for the week after instead.....

Back
Top Bottom