Fit and Proper?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nade

Reaction score
Anyone read this book? It outlines the history of the Blades' ownership and managers over the last few decades. Definitely worth a read for any Blades.

I did a quick search on here for anyone mentioned it and it didn't come up with much/anything, so thought I'd see what people thought of it.

Anyone read this book? It outlines the history of the Blades' ownership and managers over the last few decades. Definitely worth a read for any Blades.

I did a quick search on here for anyone mentioned it and it didn't come up with much/anything, so thought I'd see what people thought of it.

I did a review of it on this board when it came out. I'm not tech savvy enough to find the thread.

It was, and remains, the best book ever written about United.

The search on here is a bit odd, never really finds subjects

It's a good read in the fact that it highlights the fook ups we've had and I'd argue that we had it just as bad as the likes of Blackpool in terms of instability.

Let's hope that the current chapter is a positive one...

Very good book. Very well researched. A bit of a shocker as you work your way through it how we managed to lurch from one issue to another.

Interesting till about halfway through, then it got very bogged down in unnecessary detail and really needed an editor.

I was reading Danny Baker's autobiography at the same time - much of which took place at the centre if the music business in the mid 70s - and there were far more nutters in our story than his.

Back
Top Bottom