finances and loan striker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

davidpinder

Reaction score
NC yesterday said we were in negotiation with an experience striker but we are adrift on wages???? are we skint or penny pinching? NC never mentioned anything to do with being at maximum limit for League 1 wage restrictions.

NC yesterday said we were in negotiation with an experience striker but we are adrift on wages???? are we skint or penny pinching? NC never mentioned anything to do with being at maximum limit for League 1 wage restrictions.

If it is who I was told about, he will be earning significantly more than anyone at BTDBL and is currently at a championship club. The adrift on wages issue might be negotiating with his current club for them to pay a proportion of his salary.

Trying to get them on the cheap IMO. After all there is no point paying more than we need to.

It was something like we are too far apart, it did appear money was an issue.

I suppose Podolski's agent was waving his World Cup Winners Medal, and we are just playing hardball ......

Has Billy Sharp gone back to Scunthorpe yet?

If it is who I was told about, he will be earning significantly more than anyone at BTDBL and is currently at a championship club. The adrift on wages issue might be negotiating with his current club for them to pay a proportion of his salary.

That suggests to me that Steve Davies is not the target in this instance and points, as forever_blade suggests, to CO'G
If that's the case then does it spell the end for Higdon or give him more time to get up to scratch? - Certainly will be a situation for Porter to consider - who will need to get a loan to get a sniff of a football again.

I think we need a nippy striker that can complement either McNuts or Higdon but we are getting bullied in certain areas and CO'G would certainly plug that gap in this division. Still think we need two forwards to add to the squad - pare down the midfield glut and see how we can offload Porter so he can get some game time - probably the same with Collo now too.

Could someone please tell me why Chris O'Grady,who is starting for Brighton,would come to uso_OAlso,why would we try to sign someone like Steve Davies,who has had more injuries than Darren Anderton:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Can't we just agree that the parent club pay the wages and we give them a one off payment? I'm pretty sure if a player would have earned 250k for the period, and we offered the club 200k they'd snap our hands off. Not sure how that works under FFP mind.

We aren't anywhere near the FFP cap.

It states that in the calendar year league one clubs can not make a greater loss than they make of over 300k. We have the Maguire money still and the cup run money, no way have we spent 2million between May and now..

Disappointed if this player we're after is a forward rather than a dominant centre half. We're not prolific but we are scoring and McNulty could well be a 20 goal a season striker if he gets a good go. However that defence will let us down in those away games where we'll be under the cosh as seen at Chessie, Swindon and to a lesser extent Colchester. Without a lynch pin in the defence we'll struggle to get them dirty points that will get us top 2.

We aren't anywhere near the FFP cap.

It states that in the calendar year league one clubs can not make a greater loss than they make of over 300k. We have the Maguire money still and the cup run money, no way have we spent 2million between May and now..
But is it worth splashing so much money on just a loan spell for a striker that may or may not perform when we have Mcnulty and Higdon both coming good?

Do people not realise that some of our best signings are the underwhelming ones; Wayne Allison, Neil Shipperley, Del Geary, Keith Gillespie, Rob Hulse, Pesky, Francois - those just off top of my head.

On the other hand the ones fans have got excited about or we're spent money on have often ended in disappointment - Ebbrell, Evans, Britton, McMahon, Akinbyi, Harper, Sharp, Horsfield.

If Ive learnt anything regarding our transfers, its make a judgement on when they've played, not before.

A season cant pass without us signing a shit striker who doesn't score goals. Billy Paynter, Dominic Poleon, Beattie Mk2, Bent Mk2, Forte Mk2, O'Hallerhan, etc etc. Was nailed on to be Steve Davies or Noel Hunt.

Do people not realise that some of our best signings are the underwhelming ones; Wayne Allison, Neil Shipperley, Del Geary, Keith Gillespie, Rob Hulse, Pesky, Francois - those just off top of my head.

On the other hand the ones fans have got excited about or we're spent money on have often ended in disappointment - Ebbrell, Evans, Britton, McMahon, Akinbyi, Harper, Sharp, Horsfield.

If Ive learnt anything regarding our transfers, its make a judgement on when they've played, not before.

True, but it's not his ability that worries me as much as his injury record. Seems like another Wallace.

True, but it's not his ability that worries me as much as his injury record. Seems like another Wallace.

Exactly. Can't we stay away from people with poor fitness records?

Back
Top Bottom