Fenerbahce game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Glasshouse Blade

Sat in Glassy with mi beer
Reaction score
i am quite surprised that there is no thread about the game cos I'm really looking forward to this one i can say. Should be a good game and if they fetch a few the atmosphere could be great for a friendly match. And a few pints in Penny Black and Cricks will also be oreight tuneet as well.

Should certainly test the players to their ability limit and a loss won't damage anyone's confidence. On paper at least, they should be able to find a few chinks in our new defence, but it will be a good test for them and our quality midfield. It will be interesting to see our midfield against this level of opposition.

A draw, or win, on the other hand, would certainly be a great boost. All for a good cause too! Hoping we have a great game.

I've just arrived in t shirt and it's pissing down so sat in car. Flynn playing, so us Cambell Rice McNulty and Porter. No Scoogs or Baxter or Alcock or Harris or basham

Bloody hell....looks like Fenerbahce fans are trying to burn down the upper tier with the amount of flares they've lit...
Bet it's mayhem when they play at homeo_O

2-1 as Collins nods in from a corner. Fenerbahce marking on both appalling - free headers.

From the 25 mins I've seen been impressed by Reed (think he crossed for Ports) and Howard did well.

2-1 as Collins nods in from a corner. Fenerbahce marking on both appalling - free headers.

From the 25 mins I've seen been impressed by Reed (think he crossed for Ports) and Howard did well.
It was Reedy indeed with the instinctive cross on the half-volley.

I like Basham.

I thought when I saw it maybe Davies LB, Flynn RB, with JCR up front in a 4-3-3. Haven't seen any confirmation.

It was:

Howard
Flynn McGahey Butler Davies
McNulty Reed Doyle McGinn JCR
Porter​

I think McNulty had been encouraged to join up with Porter as often as he could, but as they had so much of the possession he wasn't able to do that.

I like the look of Reed and Howard made some very good saves with good handling too.

Good game and the team seemed to get stronger with each sub. I know it was only a friendly but I was impressed ....
UTB

It was:

Howard
Flynn McGahey Butler Davies
McNulty Reed Doyle McGinn JCR
Porter

I think McNulty had been encouraged to join up with Porter as often as he could, but as they had so much of the possession he wasn't able to do that.

When I saw the lineups I thought we'd be in for a bit of a pasting. Has to be quite a confidence boost to get a result against the Turkish champs - regardless of the occasion. From what I saw we looked fairly composed on the ball and pressed where we could.

Very impressed with Reed. He played a lot of balls backwards, but that was probably due to us being forced to defend so deep and in numbers. His touch and balance is excellent and with the right guidance he's going to be a great player.

Impressive stuff from De Girolamo as well, I think he's got a good chance to live up to the hype. I'm a big fan of Dimaio too, and definitely think the youngsters will play a big part this season.

Nice to see Wallace get some playing time, hopefully he'll be dictating play for us soon. I think possibly Clough will let him replace Doyle, not Coady.

I think McGinn was again asked to do a role he's simply not capable of doing. He's not mobile enough to be an all action box to box man. As a couple of youngsters have surpassed him, and Doyle still seems to be in the reckoning, I think McGinn will have to find a new club soon. He'll do a job for someone at this level in a holding midfield role.

They were in a different class 1st half and we hardly got a kick. Much better in the 2nd half although they eased off.

Slightly worrying that we don't appear to have played anything like the XI that will start against Brizzle yet. Hope Cloughie's keeping his powder dry and is still just giving everyone game time.

And we definitely need a presence up front, as if we didn't know already.

I thought Porter actually run the centerbacks quite well in the first half, he made 3-4 intelligent runs that weren't picked up.

He also took his goal well from an admittedly unmarked position

I wouldn't like to pick out individuals it was just that as the ones you know are going to be in the mix came on the team looked more capable and confident, although I'm not knocking the job the players in the first half did JCR was outstanding for one.
I think we have a good mix and with a little luck we will give it a good crack this season...

I saw enough from the squad tonight to prove we will be up the top of the league. We won't play against teams anywhere near as good as them this season and we held our own for the most part. 1st half we saw little possession but gradually came into the game as they eased off. Even their "eased off" approach was better than 90% of the teams we'll face this season.

I'd like to echo that Reed looked good. I do have to knock him "slightly".. He doesn't go and win the ball in 50/50 positions, a few times the ball was rolling towards him and he kind of waited and it got intercepted. Maybe he's thinking it's a friendly why should I get injured but, you have to attack the ball.

Liked Basham and Wallace from their cameos. Think they could end up being centre pairing this season.

McGahey looked cool, composed, strong. Good on the ball too.

Campbell-Ryce showed glimpses that we expected from Brandy last season. He could be a shrewd signing. Hasn't got a left foot though.

Diego looked lively in his brief cameo too, put in a lovely cross from the left.

Porter - again, did the simple things. Won a few knock ons and held it up well. He's not prolific but he does more than just a job.

All in all. Impressed. We looked fit and as said above - we won't play a team as good as them for a while.

Onwards and upwards!

P.S. I think Fener showed all you "wannabes" what #nopyronoparty really means. (Don't get any ideas).

Enjoyed tonight although I thought we played better against Hudders, I realise tonights opposition were better quality. Opening 20 mins against Hudders we were superb but with no end product. Collins made the difference when he came on for the last 15. As on Tuesday Howard was superb tonight. I like the look of Alcock at fullback.

Nice touch by Mereiles to spend about 10 mins with the youngsters at the front of the kop posing for selfies, went down well with the crowd

Basham and Wallace looked excellent. Hope Clough gets them fit enough to start with them.

Reed excellent. Senior pros giving him the ball constantly shows he's got bags of talent.

JCR could end up being a great HMS Ship type signing as well.

Be nice to add a good centre forward and away we go....

Back
Top Bottom