Feck Me

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mad Mick

Reaction score
I'm coming north to see the Blades v Swindon. We're going to make a weekend of it. Stop at the Copthorne and go to a mates restaurant on the Satday night. So I decides to look at a plan of the ground to decide where to sit.
I thought the Cherry St stand would be good as my mate likes a good view. Has someone knocked it down?
Has it been replaced by a Chinese Take Away. WTF has Hualing got to do with Sheff Utd, what does it mean, and how do you pronounce it?
Then I look at my beloved Kop where me and my brother spent many a happy hour wading up to our knecks in muck and bullets. FFS it's called the Kennedy's Kop. Where the feck did that come from? I know President Kennedy was a good un, but he did like the lady's a bit too much. Just ask Marilyn Monroe.

Don't even get me started on the Westfield Health, we don't need a hospital on site these days, mind you we could have done with it in the 60's. Perhaps we should go the full monty and name the John St stand Coffin Dodgers Corner. We could have an old folks home and an undertakers built there. Think of the time it would save. Especially if things got really bad and we merged with Wednesday :)

Finally on a more sober note where is the best place to sit?
Also the prices look very reasonable to me as I'm only 7.

I'm coming north to see the Blades v Swindon. We're going to make a weekend of it. Stop at the Copthorne and go to a mates restaurant on the Satday night. So I decides to look at a plan of the ground to decide where to sit.
I thought the Cherry St stand would be good as my mate likes a good view. Has someone knocked it down?
Has it been replaced by a Chinese Take Away. WTF has Hualing got to do with Sheff Utd, what does it mean, and how do you pronounce it?
Then I look at my beloved Kop where me and my brother spent many a happy hour wading up to our knecks in muck and bullets. FFS it's called the Kennedy's Kop. Where the feck did that come from? I know President Kennedy was a good un, but he did like the lady's a bit too much. Just ask Marilyn Monroe.

Don't even get me started on the Westfield Health, we don't need a hospital on site these days, mind you we could have done with it in the 60's. Perhaps we should go the full monty and name the John St stand Coffin Dodgers Corner. We could have an old folks home and an undertakers built there. Think of the time it would save. Especially if things got really bad and we merged with Wednesday :)

Finally on a more sober note where is the best place to sit?
Also the prices look very reasonable to me as I'm only 7.
You'll be pleased to know the ground is still on Bramall Lane.:)

We sit in coffin Dodgers stand, if you can get tickets centrally and preferably towards the back as opposed to the front, you won't get a better view of a football pitch in the country. The football is more interesting than it has been for a good while. Hope you enjoy your day.

FFS it's called the Kennedy's Kop. Where the feck did that come from?
I've had a season ticket on the kop for the last twenty years or so and I had no idea it was known as the Kennedy's Kop. And, like you Mick, I have no idea who this Kennedy is. I wonder how much Mr or Mrs Kennedy pay for this privelige.

The best place to sit is probably the main south stand, but you need to be central and quite high up.
Also it gets quite full even for normal matches.

However as already mentined you can't go wrong with the Westfield corner stand and that's where I tend to sit. Every seat has a great view, near the pitch and doesn't get too full, so you can virtually sit where ever you want.

Never sat in it, but the Westfield has more than once been reported on here as giving the best view in the ground.
Not only the best view, but it is also the quietest part of the ground and affectionally known to us who have occasionally sat there as ' The Library'! ;)

They've got this at Crewe;

crewe-north-stand.jpg

Me and my 2 lads have been sitting in the Pukka Pies family corner, that's not a bad view either, plus you get the atmosphere from the kop.....well....occasionally!

I'd concur with Westfield Health Corner. Great View, but it is quiet up there. Easy access to toilets and bar though.

I use to have a season ticket in the BL Upper Tier. It was brilliant up there when it got popular, great view, and great atmosphere. And you could discuss whether the Kop slopes or the pithc slopes. :)

Been sitting in the Westfield Heath stand more and more recently. Fantastic view, cleaner toilets and more than tolerable queues at half time.

Yes it's a bit quiet but I don't mind that as much these days, in any case that end of the South Stand is normally quite lively and it is quite amusing been near to the away suporters.

Westfield Health is a great view with decent facilities, but slightly let down by lack of access to a smoking area for those of us who need a half time tab.

I'm fairly confident I have the worst view in the entire ground on the kop, it's appalling. Bring back standing in my opinion.

I wonder if you can walk from Copthorne straight through to Westfield? In any case its next door aint it?

South Stand.
John Street. (Or terrace)
Kop.
Bottom Tier.
Top Tier.
Kop Corner.
New Corner.

We sit in either the Kop or the Pukka Pies stand, the experience and atmosphere is much better on the Kop, in my opinion.

All that said, matches are significantly better than they have been for some years, wherever in the ground, you find yourself sat :)

Back
Top Bottom