Fear the worst !!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SandyMcBlade

Bennyandtheblades
Reaction score
Just looked at the tables on the official sight, we're sixth from bottom and they haven't even kicked off yet....:(

That there alphabetical order is a bugger. Wonder how many teams finish in the same position at the end of the season that they started in. Yeovil last year springs to mind.

It's depressing, we've made no progress at this stage of the season over the last 50 years I can recall. Somebody at the club needs to take responsibility for this annual humiliation.

Do the League still use alphabetical order if teams can't be separated by any other criteria? Or would they draw lots instead?

No panic, we are 18th whereas those across the City are 23rd and in second relegation place.

I was expecting some 'ITK' information that NA intends to play a back four of Freeman, Reed, Scougall, McEverly and we're re-signing Taylor to play up front.

Do the League still use alphabetical order if teams can't be separated by any other criteria? Or would they draw lots instead?
During the season teams would just be in equal position. If there was something significant to be decided on their league placing at the end of the season (title, promotion, playoffs, relegation) there would be some form of playoff to determine who finished higher. If there was nothing at stake (say, joint 13th) they would finish in the same position. Not sure if they average the prize money of the position and one below, or if they both get the higher prize money.

If two teams finished with identical league records and head to head records in first place there would be a playoff match, probably at Wembley, to determine the champions.

The alphabet is never used to determine league position officially.

That's why AFC Bournemouth came into existence...

I remember when they did that, my dad used it to explain how something can be so completely bad that its actually very good. They must have been AFC Bournemouth for well over 40 years now, I feel so old:(

I remember when they did that, my dad used it to explain how something can be so completely bad that its actually very good. They must have been AFC Bournemouth for well over 40 years now, I feel so old:(

They are still, in fact, Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic. The AFC was adopted as a trading name.

It ruins my summer. I sit there on the beach thinking about how Crewe, Gillingham and Port Vale have managed to be above us for so many months. Maybe if we could be called _Sheffield United that might make us top of the league for a while.

What about "A club formally known as Sheffield United "!!

ACFKA Sheffield United

"The table doesn't lie"

"I never look at the table until we've played 10/12/15 games..."

Oh sorry, thought this was the bingo thread.

Back
Top Bottom