FAO The Sheffield United players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GreasyChipBeattie

Reaction score
It would be wrong of me to name names, partly because I'm not comfortable doing that and partly because you'll know which category you fit into.
Anyway, here's my point.
You seem to be a team of either triers with limited ability, slackers with limited ability, triers with ability or slackers with ability. As I said, you will know where you are at.
I write this because we as the supporters are entitled to our opinion which, granted, is wrongly expressed sometimes but, I'm sure you'd agree, is justifiably expressed at others.
I think this is one of those justified occasions.
What you really need to understand is that we are as proud of our club, if not more so, than any other in football and we are really hurting at the moment.
We feel we should be playing at a higher level, not because we have a right to, but because we are a well supported club with an excellent infrastructure and facilities. We don't have to operate on a shoe-string budget, but can only look on enviously at the likes of Gillingham, Burton Albion and Walsall (the latter of which were almost a feeder club to us at one point!)
Add to this, the fact that our blue and white neighbours are in with a realistic chance of a return to the Premier league while we have to deal with the prospect of being 2 divisions apart and you can perhaps see why there is so much despondency around at the moment. Maybe you can't understand what that feels like, but please believe me, it hurts.
We're not demanding the type of success the likes of Chelsea, Man U, Man City have enjoyed, because we know that only comes (Leicester City apart, of course) with the ridiculous levels of financial investment spoiling the modern game.
We do, however, deserve much more than we are getting.
I'm sure you would find it difficult to argue with that.
To be fair, I don't think the whole blame should be levelled at your door, but I would like to ask a favour of you all.
Please, please, for the rest of the season, could you try your hearts out for our beloved club?
I understand that many of you will not be expecting to have your contract renewed at the end of the season, and perhaps don't have the necessary motivation because of that, but don't give up.
If you have given up, then be honest with the manager and tell him you have no heart for it any more and give someone else a chance.
We'd respect you for that.
If you do still want to experience success here at BDTBL, then give it 100% every time and we will support and encourage you as much and more as anywhere else you would care to ply your trade.
Consider this for a moment, we can still get promoted and even if you don't play again this season, you'll get a decent bonus I would think, if we are succesful?
Who knows, you might even figure in NA's plans should we go up but at least your stock would increase for any other team looking for players who have been successful in escaping the 3rd division.
From the stands, it feels that we are a million miles away from seeing the good times back at Bramall Lane, yet it's only a few months ago that we saw the kind of stuff that was influential in the Beard dropping to this level to be a part of what is a tremendous club backed by tremendous supporters when we all pull together.
I don't know the answer. I'm not sure any of us do, but something has to change, and I remain convinced that the playing staff can and should be the main thing that can make things happen.
As fans, we are often encouraged at the start of the second half of games to "Sing loud, sing proud and be the difference"
My rallying cry to you all is, "Play hard, play proud and be the difference"
We've had enough of this division.
We've been patient, understanding and supportive in numbers most other clubs can only dream about.
As I said earlier, our dear neighbours consider themselves in a promotion campaign and yet we match their support, but we need to be given some hope. Hope that we can finally escape this division in the start of what we hope will be a return to better times.
So come on Blades, make a name for yourselves, pull this season round and experience what a rocking Bramall Lane can feel like.
Ask the Beard, he'll tell you.

I wonder how many of them shoot their load and miss.

It would be wrong of me to name names, partly because I'm not comfortable doing that and partly because you'll know which category you fit into.
Anyway, here's my point.
You seem to be a team of either triers with limited ability, slackers with limited ability, triers with ability or slackers with ability. As I said, you will know where you are at.
I write this because we as the supporters are entitled to our opinion which, granted, is wrongly expressed sometimes but, I'm sure you'd agree, is justifiably expressed at others.
What you really need to understand is that we are as proud of our club, if not more so, than any other in football and we are really hurting at the moment.
We feel we should be playing at a higher level, not because we have a right to, but because we are a well supported club with an excellent infrastructure and facilities. We don't have to operate on a shoe-string budget, but can only look on enviously at the likes of Gillingham, Burton Albion and Walsall (the latter of which were almost a feeder club to us at one point!)
Add to this, the fact that our blue and white neighbours are in with a realistic chance of a return to the Premier league while we have to deal with the prospect of being 2 divisions apart and you can perhaps see why there is so much despondency around at the moment. Maybe you can't understand what that feels like, but please believe me, it hurts.
We're not demanding the type of success the likes of Chelsea, Man U, Man City have enjoyed, because we know that only comes (Leicester City apart, of course) with the ridiculous levels of financial investment spoiling the modern game.
To be fair, I don't think the whole blame should be levelled at your door, but I would like to ask a favour of you all.
Please, please, for the rest of the season, could you try your hearts out for our beloved club?
I understand that many of you will not be expecting to have your contract renewed at the end of the season, and perhaps don't have the necessary motivation because of that, but don't give up.
If you have given up, then be honest with the manager and tell him you have no heart for it any more and give someone else a chance.
If you do still want to experience success here at BDTBL, then give it 100% every time and we will support and encourage you as much and more as anywhere else you would care to ply your trade.
Consider this for a moment, we can still get promoted and even if you don't play again this season, you'll get a decent bonus I would think, if we are succesful?
Who knows, you might even figure in NA's plans should we go up but at least your stock would increase for any other team looking for players who have been successful in escaping the 3rd division.
From the stands, it feels that we are a million miles away from seeing the good times back at Bramall Lane, yet it's only a few months ago that we saw the kind of stuff that was influential in the Beard dropping to this level to be a part of what is a tremendous club backed by tremendous supporters when we all pull together.
I don't know the answer. I'm not sure any of us do, but something has to change, and I remain convinced that the playing staff can and should be the main thing that can make things happen.
As fans, we are often encouraged at the start of the second half of games to "Sing loud, sing proud and be the difference"
We've been patient, understanding and supportive in numbers most other clubs can only dream about.
As I said earlier, our dear neighbours consider themselves in a promotion campaign and yet we match their support, but we need to be given some hope. Hope that we can finally escape this division in the start of what we hope will be a return to better times.
So come on Blades, make a name for yourselves, pull this season round and experience what a rocking Bramall Lane can feel like.
Very well said and articulated but the players have their PC's checked by SUFC IT department every week if they have looked on forums as NA doesn't want them to cry and leave BL

Saw a few tweets last night about them being on the town again. No doubt McNulty's fault

That must be nice for the FSD and chums to have a night out up town, obviously they weren't that disappointed about the result......

Very well said and articulated but the players have their PC's checked by SUFC IT department every week if they have looked on forums as NA doesn't want them to cry and leave BL
I wonder if any of the players do read the forum? I know I wouldn't have been able to resist. Being the substitute left winger for one of the worst Under 13 teams in Sheffield, I don't think the comments would have been kind (I think I was a big influence on Martyn Woolford's career).

Still scraping off the dried blood from last nights cocaine nosebleed. Scumbags that they are.

Hold on, I've been told they are honest, hardworking professionals?
That usually means- they are shit but they try hard.
If that's true, and they don't even care much, what's that make them!?:eek:

Anyway, here's my point.

Bored Greasy? Wife still not playing?

'From the stands, it feels that we are a million miles away'
. I didn't realise Spain was some considerable distance beyond the moon?

You didn't miss anything yesterday apart from the pre-match beer, so pour yourself an ice cold San Miguel and knock one out by the pool, it's so much more rewarding.......o_O

Last edited:
Saw a few tweets last night about them being on the town again. No doubt McNulty's fault
Come on you cant lock them down ,they are youngmen,haven't committed a crime ,no electronic tags or nowt. If its Sharp or Brayford nothing would be said ,Baxter and Adams all hell lets loose. Lets just concentrate on what they do on the pitch unless they actually miss training or games because of it.

Bored Greasy? Wife still not playing?

'From the stands, it feels that we are a million miles away'
. I didn't realise Spain was some considerable distance beyond the moon?

You didn't miss anything yesterday apart from the pre-match beer, so pour yourself an ice cold San Miguel and knock one out by the pool, it's so much more rewarding.......o_O

Lol Mossy.
Yes, I am still a little frustrated, but thankfully just with the football now ;)
Although the pool is still rather chilly, other things are warming up nicely thank you very much.
Though would you believe it, we just went our for a tapas lunch and I broke a back tooth on a chuffin' olive stone. (why do they insist on hiding those things in there sometimes?)
Trip to the dentist for me tomorrow.
I wonder if they'll make me a gold crown for it on the old EHIC?
Knowing me I'll end up with an ex-SUFC dentist who'll do me a temporary job that falls out after about half an hour only to be told they'll get someone else to fix it who'll turn out to be equally as crap!
As for the footy, it seems the decision to spend an extended holiday is justified while performances are this garbage.
I'm struggling to think how I'll be able to afford to be away for the whole of next season though :(

Come on you cant lock them down ,they are youngmen,haven't committed a crime ,no electronic tags or nowt. If its Sharp or Brayford nothing would be said ,Baxter and Adams all hell lets loose. Lets just concentrate on what they do on the pitch unless they actually miss training or games because of it.

I agree . I dont think its a big deal at all . Whether it's wise going around Sheffield after a bad result is another argument though

I get why people are annoyed when they are out on the town after the latest dismal display but what sort of flavoured water drinking ponce sees them and immediately gets his phone out and tweets the fact?

What happened to drinking profusely, picking up a doofer at ten to two and if that didn't work out, Greasy Veras ?

I get why people are annoyed when they are out on the town after the latest dismal display but what sort of flavoured water drinking ponce sees them and immediately gets his phone out and tweets the fact?

What happened to drinking profusely, picking up a doofer at ten to two and if that didn't work out, Greasy Veras ?
You obviously dint have a subs bench to fall back on :)

Anyway, here's my point.

An excellent "letter" and I suggest you post it to the club.

Back
Top Bottom