Even less chance of landing McFadzean now ??

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ade Nough

Reaction score
RANGERS CAPTURE HODSON

Rangers have signed defender Lee Hodson from MK Dons, signing a three-year deal following his time with Northern Ireland at Euro 2016.

He spent the last half of the 2015/16 season on loan at Kilmarnock, making 17 appearances, and said joining the Gers was a 'dream come true'.

“It’s amazing, an opportunity to come to such a massive club is a dream come true," Hodson told the club's official website.

“From the day I heard that there was an opportunity to come here my mind was made up and I couldn’t be more excited at the moment. I cant wait to get started and meet all the lads."

Anyone think this is another nail in the coffin for signing McFadzean ??

RANGERS CAPTURE HODSON

Rangers have signed defender Lee Hodson from MK Dons, signing a three-year deal following his time with Northern Ireland at Euro 2016.

He spent the last half of the 2015/16 season on loan at Kilmarnock, making 17 appearances, and said joining the Gers was a 'dream come true'.

“It’s amazing, an opportunity to come to such a massive club is a dream come true," Hodson told the club's official website.

“From the day I heard that there was an opportunity to come here my mind was made up and I couldn’t be more excited at the moment. I cant wait to get started and meet all the lads."

Anyone think this is another nail in the coffin for signing McFadzean ??

Not at all, if he was on loan at Kilmarnock it is probably fair to say he wasn't in MK Plastics plans anyway

Hodson's a full back.

Even if he was a centre half, there are enough reasons we won't get McFadzean as it is so it wouldn't make a difference.

We're not going to compete with Championship teams in terms of wages or fee. It's unlikely we'll be able to compete with some League 1 teams. It's really unlikely he'd sign for us, even if he is a fan.

Still very much hoping for McFadzean to arrive personally. And certainly see Downing's signing by the Plastics as a very positive step in terms of it happening.

But he would be costing biggish money, certainly for this level. So if we actually manage to sign him (whatever the reservations some have about his ability) it would definitely be a "statement" signing and a sign that real faith is being put in the manager by the owners/board.

The usual idiotic United pursuit of an unrealistic target? Or Wilder being backed, United willing to spend significant money on a key player, and productive "work behind the scenes" about to come to fruition? Who knows. But Wilder's about to be defined by his signings, or lack of signings, over the next few days.

Still very much hoping for McFadzean to arrive personally. And certainly see Downing's signing by the Plastics as a very positive step in terms of it happening.

But he would be costing biggish money, certainly for this level. So if we actually manage to sign him (whatever the reservations some have about his ability) it would definitely be a "statement" signing and a sign that real faith is being put in the manager by the owners/board.

The usual idiotic United pursuit of an unrealistic target? Or Wilder being backed, United willing to spend significant money on a key player, and productive "work behind the scenes" about to come to fruition? Who knows. But Wilder's about to be defined by his signings, or lack of signings, over the next few days.

I'll be honest, I'm struggling to see McFadzean signing as a 'statement of intent'. He's a solid league 1 player from MK Dons. Don't see how it's any more of a 'statement' than Sharp, Hammond etc. Think it's just a fsirly standard signing that we can be content with. No need to blow it out of proportion!

I'll be honest, I'm struggling to see McFadzean signing as a 'statement of intent'. He's a solid league 1 player from MK Dons. Don't see how it's any more of a 'statement' than Sharp, Hammond etc. Think it's just a fsirly standard signing that we can be content with. No need to blow it out of proportion!

Just that, with him being contracted at Franchise for another two years, & with us being a divisional rival, he will cost fairly serious money. And he's exactly the sort who knows the division that we need here to get out of it.

I could just about fit Dan Burns' name tattooed on my nob, I have absolutely no chance of fitting Kyle McFadzean on it so for that reason alone I don't want us to sign him. It would cost me a fortune for an extension, fuck that!

I could just about fit Dan Burns' name tattooed on my nob, I have absolutely no chance of fitting Kyle McFadzean on it so for that reason alone I don't want us to sign him. It would cost me a fortune for an extension, fuck that!

Special offer for you big boys Llandudno. down to ludo in Jesé less than hard times

Not sure he's worth what we'll have to pay in fee and wages to get him. Never really stood out when I've seen him play, he is a Blade though ;)

Personally I'd move on, but not before making it known in the press that MKD had done everything they could to block the move. They can then deal with a pissed off player who's still got two years of his contract left. :)

I'm
Still yet to be advised what "working hard behind the scenes" actually means.

Sounds like the kind of bullshit some of my work shy colleagues use when questioned over lack of work.

The Star say's, in order to make sure that we do not have this hanging on all season for one player again, Mr Wilder has handed in at least four names for each position he thinks we need to cover......

Sounds good to me........

Does it say that? I can't see it.

Back
Top Bottom