Eight Years Ago Today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We're not rock bottom yet, we can fall much further...

We drew 0-0 at home to a Scunthorpe team playing with 10 men for 75 mins, seeing us mired in lower mid table in the second tier and precipitating Robson's departure. I remember feeling we were at rock bottom then.

Seems like bloody Nirvana now.

I remember Robson blaming the fans afterwards. Whatever respect I had for him for owt he'd ever done went when he did that.

I'm writing Phipps' next speech based on this...

We drew 0-0 at home to a Scunthorpe team playing with 10 men for 75 mins, seeing us mired in lower mid table in the second tier and precipitating Robson's departure. I remember feeling we were at rock bottom then.

It's not all bad Darren. We do better against Scunthorpe these days.

When you think of the run of bad decisions, bad form, bad luck, bad signings, bad managerial appointments and general incompetence that sees us stuck in mid table in division three - still needing a clear out of a bloated, ageing overpaid squad in a lower level 8 years later. It really is quite some achievement.

When you think of the run of bad decisions, bad form, bad luck, bad signings, bad managerial appointments and general incompetence that sees us stuck in mid table in division three - still needing a clear out of a bloated, ageing overpaid squad in a lower level 8 years later. It really is quite some achievement.

When I think about alternative universes, I often wonder what would have happened if Webber's shot had been a little to the right* and we had stayed up in 2007. Small margins and all that.

* I am assuming the shot hit the inside of the left hand post as Webber looked. If it was the other post replace "right" with "left" :)

James Beattie missed the penalty just after the ref sent off a Scunthorpe player for a professional foul

Who is the common factor still at the club now, making decisions? We thought it was bad then, and who knows what it will be like in 8 years time, when McCabe has turned us into Sheffield's answer to Port Vale, Notts County and Bristol Rovers.

Who is the common factor still at the club now, making decisions? We thought it was bad then, and who knows what it will be like in 8 years time, when McCabe has turned us into Sheffield's answer to Port Vale, Notts County and Bristol Rovers.

McWobblegob.

upload_2016-2-9_10-34-31.jpeg

Hey, lets not be negative guys, I`ve made millions from land deals.

"still needing a clear out of a bloated, ageing overpaid" .... I thought you were referring to the Board.

Thinking back to his appointment I remember hoping that we'd go for someone like Chris Coleman - then someone asked me that afternoon how I felt about us putting McCall and Kidd in charge. I misunderstood - thinking that I'd missed the announcement whilst out and about in meetings.

I got home that night and found that we'd appointed Robson. Couldn't believe we'd been so stupid.

It was there on a plate for us - OK, we had to bounce back, but we had the opportunity to cement our place. Instead we allowed Geordie Bob / Wearside Jack to piss it up the wall and had to deal with successive panic appointments - each to fix the hangover from the previous.

And yet we still keep hoping....

Back
Top Bottom