Egg chasing on new pitch

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's all we need Sheffield Eagles ripping away at the new pitch on a permanent basis :(

Is nothing sacred?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/shef...mall-lane-would-be-the-perfect-move-1-7441792

Isn't this why we got the new pitch in the first place? The pitch is a large percentage artificial fibres meaning it harder wearing and longer lasting. When the board first spoke of the new pitch they said right away that having a Desso surface would allow the club to generate additional revenue by allowing such as The Eagles to play there and also the would really like to attract a big money Special K fight to the lane and possible gigs and concerts.

If they can hold ridiculously large Boxing events and concerts on the Wembley Desso pitch the day before England qualifiers, then I am pretty comfortable that a bit of egg chasing won't do no real harm. No sure how it works but we will generate revenue into the club which is always a good thing.

woodburn road would hold a big enough gate for the Eagles or Owlerton stadium
be as souless as hillsborough on a match day with all those empty seats

I understand why it's not welcomed with open arms, however:
It presumably earns us a cheeky fiver here and there.
Summer RL should present no issue to our beloved pitch if the Liberty stadium copes with Winter RU (which is far far worse on the pitch). The Swans are famous for keeping the ball on the deck, so it obviously doesn't effect their alleged beautiful passing game!

RL is definitely not wank (in my view) it is a tough sport which has a much faster pace (generally) than RU.

I'm a big fan of RL & it is summat to watch in summer - rather than fckn cricket - which is wank - IMO of course.
;)

Oooh, cricket at the lane. Now there's an idea!
Thin end of the wedge, go back to the late 19th century and the cricket supporters might have been debating if they wanted blokes chasing a ball around their sacred cricket pitch......... And look what happened to the cricket club :eek:;)

Tell them to do one. Wear & tear on our pitch and ground for a quick buck?

No thanks.

Bramall Lane is our home. I don't want to go down the Lane and see Sheffield Eagles on one of the stands and I don't want to see rugby markings on the pitch.

Honestly, we're supposed to be a big club but we scratch around for a couple of quid. Tell 'em to move in at the Swill, it's a bit further north, closer to rugby leagues natural home.

I love Rugby League, it's a fantastic sport played by very honest individuals who receive very modest salaries. I love also that United and the Eagles have enjoyed a close relationship for many years going right back to that Widnes game at the Lane in about 89. Isn't that why we have installed a desso pitch?

Tell them to do one. Wear & tear on our pitch and ground for a quick buck?

No thanks.

Bramall Lane is our home. I don't want to go down the Lane and see Sheffield Eagles on one of the stands and I don't want to see rugby markings on the pitch.

Honestly, we're supposed to be a big club but we scratch around for a couple of quid. Tell 'em to move in at the Swill, it's a bit further north, closer to rugby leagues natural home.

£50 to watch RL, even in the Super League is fucking ridiculous!

Why do you think we laid it in the first place? To earn money out of it of course.

Would be great if the Eagles could get into the Super League playing at the Lane. I played a bit at uni. I was absolutely shite but won me over to the sport.

It's seen as a bit of a provincial oddity over here but they love it in Australia. When you see it played at the top level down there you really see what an exciting and skillful game it is.

As long as the pitch can cope with it, I've no problem with the idea.

Would be great if the Eagles could get into the Super League playing at the Lane. I played a bit at uni. I was absolutely shite but won me over to the sport.

It's seen as a bit of a provincial oddity over here but they love it in Australia. When you see it played at the top level down there you really see what an exciting and skillful game it is.

As long as the pitch can cope with it, I've no problem with the idea.

If you've never watched State of Origin RL in Oz then you're missing the most hard fought competitive "wars" that you'll ever see in any sport. Team mate v Team mate playing under their State flag & ripping each other to bits.
The club coaches must hate it!
Think it is the second most viewed sporting spectacle in Oz after the Melbourne cup.

Thin end of the wedge, go back to the late 19th century and the cricket supporters might have been debating if they wanted blokes chasing a ball around their sacred cricket pitch......... And look what happened to the cricket club :eek:;)

OT, have you seen where the French are claiming that they invented cricket?

Nonsense. You need balls to play cricket. :D

I spoke to the groundsman at Donny during the summer and they had something like 135 matches (football and rugby) on their pitch last year. You wouldn't have known judging by the quality of it.

Something else that barely affects us, will bring the club income but is still apparently worth getting up in arms about.

Something else that barely affects us, will bring the club income but is still apparently worth getting up in arms about.
But you know, of all the Desso Pitches ours was "done the Blades Way"

By the way, has anyone seen owt of the Vietnamese Rice Planters that escaped from Tent 3

But you know, of all the Desso Pitches ours was "done the Blades Way"

By the way, has anyone seen owt of the Vietnamese Rice Planters that escaped from Tent 3
I think KM's got them doing his garden.

I think KM's got them doing his garden.

Nah it's all part of the new food the family stand is having. They'll be introducing a Vietnamese section to compete with the pulled pork they had at the start of the season.

Back
Top Bottom