EFL (JPT) Trophy Draw..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chezzy Blades

Reaction score
10am this morning.

I can't post pictures from my work PC, however the footballing powerhouses who's B teams are in our part of the draw are Derby County, Sunderland, Middlesborough and Leicester. :rolleyes:

Really hope we play the u18's and take the £5k fine each game. I'd even pay the 5er they charge for home games hat I won't be attending to contribute to the fine.. if 999 others did the same the Blades could play their kids for free...

Also just noticed we have the well known Northern team Cambridge United in our pot..

Anyone using the phrase "EFL" needs a good kicking. EFL my ARSE!

I did think about cutting off one of my fingers every time I typed it..

I think it's their way of trying to save some face and detract from the fact Johnstone's Paint have pulled their sponsorship, but I agree it's fucking embarrassing Americanised shite.

Ffs wtf EFL it's now a group stage against academy sides. So a minimum of 3 games in an already painfully long season. Hopefully wilder will play to lose (never thought I'd say that)

How on earth did the football league clubs ever agree to group stages and acadamy sides playing in a cup which should be abandoned is beyond me

Ffs wtf EFL it's now a group stage against academy sides. So a minimum of 3 games in an already painfully long season. Hopefully wilder will play to lose (never thought I'd say that)

How on earth did the football league clubs ever agree to group stages and acadamy sides playing in a cup which should be abandoned is beyond me

£ is all you need to know. Fucking shambles.

Whilst I'm not for interfering with team selection, I have stated before that we ought to play our academy team in this competition. Lobbying the club through a petition would be great and I'm sure the majority on here would support it. It is not about telling the club who to play but making a point through the club to the so called football bosses of this competition.
Obviously it would have to gain momentum through the rest of our support as a club.

But is it going to be commercially viable if the big clubs aren't putting their academy sides out and everyone else treats it as a joke.

It will be stitched into an agreement contractually somewhere when the Premier Leage doles out its sheckles to the less furtunate, all of whom are supposed to lay prostrate at their feet giving thanks for any pennies that come their way. The one set of people who will have had no say in this process is those who are supposed to come and watch this shower of shit.

Personally I hope everybody puts their strongest side out and all the academies get battered.
Would make (if possible) an even further mockery of this stoopid new system.

I don't think that the term "EFL" is any dafter than "Championship/League 1/ League 2". They're all fucking stupid bullshit names.

We are in Division 3, the third division, the 2nd bottom division of the league, and no amount of turd-polishing changes that fact.

Never understood why it couldn't have been left Divisions 1-4 like it used to be.

It will be stitched into an agreement contractually somewhere when the Premier Leage doles out its sheckles to the less furtunate, all of whom are supposed to lay prostrate at their feet giving thanks for any pennies that come their way. The one set of people who will have had no say in this process is those who are supposed to come and watch this shower of shit.
I hope nobody goes to watch this competition and that the superstars of the academies refuse to play on pitches that aren't Desso because it'll ruin their ego

It would be worth signing Billy Whitehurst and Chris Morgan on a pay as you play basis just to see Leicester's 17yr olds shit themselves. If nothing else the pitch would get a healthy dose of manure, and possibly some ground up bonemeal.

"Lerrem know you're theeyer." As my old man would've said.

Why is it assumed that clubs want to compete in every Tin Cup competition? Presumably SUFC have to fill some forms in and email them to the Football League - so a direct appeal to the club not to enter might be a way to register disapproval though its presumably too late for the coming season?

Too many matches already, too many for players and too many for fans to attend, so the point of the EDF trophy is what exactly?

The idea of inviting premier league teams to play their youth is condescending in the extreme, it reinforces the dream of tossers like Scudamore of a separate, exclusive (no promotion to and relegation from) top division.

Nothing in it for SUFC to play in this competition...we shouldn't enter.

Back
Top Bottom