EEL

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

biggey blade

Reaction score
Had a bit of a poor game today but made up for it in the end.

He has been a key player for us since singing for us. Nice to see he understands he made a cock up for there goal and holds his hand up to it and managed to make up for it. And good to see he acknowledges the fans and seems to be enjoying it here. Let's just hope we can manage to sign him on a permanent deal if he can keep playing like he has been.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161001-225815.png
    Screenshot_20161001-225815.png
    581.7 KB · Views: 173

Hopefully it was just a flash of inexperience and youth that we'll stamp out of him. He could be a big player for us this season.

Been a bit of a masterstroke from Wilder this bloke. Fucked up for the goal today but acknowledged it, didn't disappear because of it, and was big enough to get up there at the end and rescue a point. Can't ask for much more.

He's young for a centre half but he's made a huge difference to our back 4, so much so that the totally terrible Neil Collins is fast becoming a distant memory.

Onward and upward big man, keep this up and you could end up being a Blades legend.

Won`t be long before a 20 minute Ugo Eggnog type chant takes over the whole of the Lane.

Still think the EEl will fuck you up
A said EEL will fuck you up

A la Gap Band works.

Short,sweet,sustainable.

Had a bit of a poor game today but made up for it in the end.

He has been a key player for us since singing for us. Nice to see he understands he made a cock up for there goal and holds his hand up to it and managed to make up for it. And good to see he acknowledges the fans and seems to be enjoying it here. Let's just hope we can manage to sign him on a permanent deal if he can keep playing like he has been.

Other than the back pass I thought he was excellent today, no way dI'd he have a poor game.

EEL or Collins?

EEL or Alcock?

EEL or Mceverly?

EEL or Edgar?

Nuff said really.

Yes he will make the odd mistake, it's the third division, we aren't going to get Joe Shaw or Japp Stam. But such a step up from what we have had over the last few seasons.

Other than the back pass I thought he was excellent today, no way dI'd he have a poor game.

I'm sorry, but he wasn't good today in my opinion. He misplaced so many passes and also got skinned early doors.

Having said that, he's been great for us so far and is such a more commanding centre half than we have had. Get him defending (and not building the play) and I think we have got a really good player.

He was just what was needed. A big unit at the back who wasny scared of his own shadow or of fluffy white kittens like some of our previous centre halves appeared to be. The centre backs at this level need to be hard, and need to be out and out stoppers with a 'thou shalt not pass' attitude. They need to get their heads on balls chucked into our box and clear their lines with a minimum of fuss. They dont need to be great footballers or Beckenbaueresque bringing the ball out (though thats an advantage if they do have that in their locker). For too long Utd have had total pussies at centre half who have been dominated by the centre forwards they have come up against. How many times did we see Neil Collins get battered by a forward and be all over the place? Whilst we have done a lot better there this season i would still be looking to bring in another big brute at the back to make us even better there. I am hoping that we bring in EEL permanently in Jan, and go back in for Morgan at Wigan. Makes you almost laugh at Cloughs and Adkins fumblings at centre half position for 2 seasons. No nonsence big hard lads at the back...its not rocket science.

Would agree with Biggeyblade with regards to his distribution. He knew he'd fucked up (head in hands) and I think he was trying a little too hard to rectify things at times. The main thing was he didn't shrink, stood up to be counted and got his reward at the end. Was nice to see how much it meant to him, his teammates and the fans. Wilder is building some real camaraderie here

He should be sent to benidorm with brownie and made to wear a pig shirt

Great tackler, in the old-fashioned way if that makes sense, and will probably give a few free-kicks away if / when we have a fussy ref.

Not convinced by his distribution, whether that's rawness, nerves or just how it is, time will tell but as people have said, great presence and good reaction to the mistake yesterday.

He was just what was needed. A big unit at the back who wasny scared of his own shadow or of fluffy white kittens like some of our previous centre halves appeared to be. The centre backs at this level need to be hard, and need to be out and out stoppers with a 'thou shalt not pass' attitude. They need to get their heads on balls chucked into our box and clear their lines with a minimum of fuss. They dont need to be great footballers or Beckenbaueresque bringing the ball out (though thats an advantage if they do have that in their locker). For too long Utd have had total pussies at centre half who have been dominated by the centre forwards they have come up against. How many times did we see Neil Collins get battered by a forward and be all over the place? Whilst we have done a lot better there this season i would still be looking to bring in another big brute at the back to make us even better there. I am hoping that we bring in EEL permanently in Jan, and go back in for Morgan at Wigan. Makes you almost laugh at Cloughs and Adkins fumblings at centre half position for 2 seasons. No nonsence big hard lads at the back...its not rocket science.

A back three of EEL, Morgan and O'Connell would be very solid. I hope that's something we'll look to do if we could get him on the right terms.

Great tackler, in the old-fashioned way if that makes sense, and will probably give a few free-kicks away if / when we have a fussy ref.

Not convinced by his distribution, whether that's rawness, nerves or just how it is, time will tell but as people have said, great presence and good reaction to the mistake yesterday.

So long as he knows his limitations it's fine. A back three should be solid, communicative and have a little bit of pace, with each player knowing his job, however, so long as EEL distributes the ball simply, then there should be players around him that can move the ball quicker and better once he wins it.

Back
Top Bottom