Doomed stratergy?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladeInIreland

Reaction score
Self admitidly iv been out of the loop for a while now, but i have still kept a close eye on the blades, highlights,intrrviews and the forums.

I believe the current strategy , set up when the prince arrived is for the prince to focus on investment on the first team squad.A reduced amount that will greatly increase on our arrival in the championship, with the hope of pushing on up to the promised land.

Now the way i see it is that plan is outdated yet still the guidline were sticking to.Its been covered to death how we need to improve on the current first team if were going to get that ppromotion so i won't comment on that much other than its obvious too all we need more investment in key positions.

My biggest concern about the strategy is in my opinion its doomed to fail even if by some miricle the first stage happens (promotion).with no major investment we would be walking into that league with a team nowhere near capable of competing.The quality of that league has improved ten fold since we were last there.Big money is no stranger to that league and i honestly dont think we could afford to out bid teams for players even with this increased budget.

Survival then would be built on a well functioning team and building a team in preseaon would no doubt cost us alot of games as players need to gel.we could find ourselves straight back here with a bigger wage bill and worse financial difficulties.

I think a chunk of that budget should be invested now.Not only for the sake of this season but to give us a chance if i hopes come true and we go up.

The place to start would be the back.if we could get a back 5 capable of playing in the championship, combined with our not perfect but capable mifield and attack surely we are in a good shout for promotion this season, and also our back 5 would have a promotion season behind them ready to take on the talented players in the league above.It would mean we would only have to tweek our midfield and strike force next season.

As i stated im out of the loop so i may be wrong in picking these players but something like
brayford, maguire, burn, harris with a new keeper would be strong enough to hold its own agaisnt most on offer.

Enough of the old plan , it hasn't and won't pay off. We need a rethink.

I completely agree here with you, most of us describe it as doing a wolves,

buying all the best players who found themselves in league one, and basically running off with the title,then of course a team that was more than capable of stopping up, and with a few additions a side now that's knocking about near the top six...

Back
Top Bottom