Donny v Blades - Website Highlights

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some nice build ups there.
Baxter and reed. Could be a combo for the rest of the season.

Have been a long time critic of Baxter (not quite in sitters league tho!) and I enjoyed his contribution yesterday in a more advanced position. His ball to Adams who cleverly pulled off his marker was excellent.

There was one particular moment in the 1st half when he drifted deep, lost the ball (whilst in possession) and it nearly cost us a goal.

As numerous have said - Baxter shouldn't be allowed any where near our back 4 - up top (ish) like yesterday is where he can be effective.

As for Reed - passes the ball very well when played deep and when he has a minder like Hammond - perhaps and it's only a suggestion, it could be the basis of a partnership.

UTB

Ha ha ha joke right ?
vmvfgz.jpg

Here we go again ,Jose Baxter ,the most gifted player since Pele makes one decent pass (and don't say match winner because all the rest of it was so shit) ,and suddenly becomes our saviour and earns another 6 starts and a contract in a season and career which has produced almost the sum quantity of fuck all in ability and results. How does this fucker get away with it ,any other player misses a tackle and they are either loaned out or forced out by the crowd ,if we haven't seen his 'potential' in 3 years under 3 managers do you think we are likely to see it now ? Are we fuck because the guy is joke ,I seriously don't get it.

Here we go again ,Jose Baxter ,the most gifted player since Pele makes one decent pass (and don't say match winner because all the rest of it was so shit) ,and suddenly becomes our saviour and earns another 6 starts and a contract in a season and career which has produced almost the sum quantity of fuck all in ability and results. How does this fucker get away with it ,any other player misses a tackle and they are either loaned out or forced out by the crowd ,if we haven't seen his 'potential' in 3 years under 3 managers do you think we are likely to see it now ? Are we fuck because the guy is joke ,I seriously don't get it.
You don't have to convince me I'm with you on this one.
Only plays when he feels like it complete luxury.
I guarantee you he'll be gone in the summer and fucking good riddance

I'm not a fan, far from it. But he offers some things that others can't. None of our midfielders is anywhere near the required standard, so his inclusion can't get me worked up.

Both him and Coutts have pathetic engines. Coutts is a bit faster with a more accurate short range pass. Baxter has the best long range pass at the club. I'd rate them both the same as similar players overall, so I find your like for one and hatred of the other interesting. :)

UTB

I'm not a fan, far from it. But he offers some things that others can't. None of our midfielders is anywhere near the required standard, so his inclusion can't get me worked up.

Both him and Coutts have pathetic engines. Coutts is a bit faster with a more accurate short range pass. Baxter has the best long range pass at the club. I'd rate them both the same as similar players overall, so I find your like for one and hatred of the other interesting. :)

UTB
I have no time for any footballer who cant run with a ball at his feet ,and retain a ball for his team.Coutts can do this ,Baxter cant ,90% of his passes are opportunist chance passes and he simply cannot run with a ball. Don't get me wrong Coutts is miles away from being it yet ,but he is miles better than Baxter. Coutts wont shoot or take a chance on goal ,the one thing Baxter has over him ,and his tackling is poor ,but I see him as a way better player than Baxter on and off the ball. I hope coutts will improve in front of goal if he notches and gains confidence.

Jose had a good game by all accounts, and made the goal.

Reminds me of another player who rarely took men on and didn't do much apart from pick out accurate balls and take free kicks. Why not just look at Baxter as our Beckham?

Reminds me of another player who rarely took men on and didn't do much apart from pick out accurate balls and take free kicks. Why not just look at Baxter as our Beckham?

Only if Hammond can be our Roy Keane.

Probably the most ridiculous post Ive ever seen on here ,are you being naughty DKC ?,comparing Beckham to Baxter ,they begin with B that's as far as it goes. If he reminds you of him that's bizarre ,for a start he doesnt take men on ever ,hardly ever picks out accurate balls that's why yesterdays is being so highlighted ,and takes the worst free kick Ive ever seen ,his corners are just as bad. I don't remember Man Utd or Real struggling with Beckham that often either , or Beckham scrapping and getting caught with drugs.

Reactions: Dkc
Probably the most ridiculous post Ive ever seen on here ,are you being naughty DKC ?,comparing Beckham to Baxter ,they begin with B that's as far as it goes. If he reminds you of him that's bizarre ,for a start he doesnt take men on ever ,hardly ever picks out accurate balls that's why yesterdays is being so highlighted ,and takes the worst free kick Ive ever seen ,his corners are just as bad. I don't remember Man Utd or Real struggling with Beckham that often either , or Beckham scrapping and getting caught with drugs.
Think you're being a bit daft with it all now. He's bad but he's not as bad you're making out. He shows glimpses of excellent technical ability here and there, take the Bradford game for example, but he needs to be a whole lot more consistent with it and lose a bit of weight before I'd even consider keeping him on at the end of the season.

Think you're being a bit daft with it all now. He's bad but he's not that bad. He shows glimpses of excellent technical ability, take the Bradford game for example, but he needs to be a lot more consistent with it and lose a bit of weight before I'd even consider keeping him on at the end of the season.

He's had three years to show signs of becoming consistent. Frankly, if he played his best form between now and May that would make me want rid of him even more.

I'm also fascinated to see what the open market makes of his value. I suspect he's about to get a vast pay drop, which will either convince him to take his career seriously or kill off what little professionalism he has left in an instant.

Think you're being a bit daft with it all now. He's bad but he's not as bad you're making out. He shows glimpses of excellent technical ability here and there, take the Bradford game for example, but he needs to be a whole lot more consistent with it and lose a bit of weight before I'd even consider keeping him on at the end of the season.
This technical bollocks ,is that the same as lazy fucker ?
He shows up about as often as you.

He's had three years to show signs of becoming consistent. Frankly, if he played his best form between now and May that would make me want rid of him even more.

I'm also fascinated to see what the open market makes of his value. I suspect he's about to get a vast pay drop, which will either convince him to take his career seriously or kill off what little professionalism he has left in an instant.
I actually don't think a vast drop in pay or even a change of career wouldn't bother him that much. He strikes me as the type of person who doesn't care about anything as long as he gets through week by week ,there are loads of people like that but footballers seem to take it to a different level ,highlighted by the likes of bellends like Adam Johnson ,arrogance and braindead is a dangerous combination.

Anyway, back to the highlights..... I didn't realise Donny got that close as that last highlight where Edgar miscues it straight to their lad who then can't control it and it goes narrowly wide.

I also note with some trepidation that Mr Collins makes a good interception to start the excellent move that Reed should have scored from.

Has José been fingering Rebecca Loos again?

Is there a "Hate Baxter" thread anywhere?
Perhaps a support group for them.
Sit people round in a circle and allow them to tell the host why.
How many would care to attend, 1, 4, 10?
Perhaps we could call the group
"BAXTER S ANONYMOUS".
but maybe that would just re enforce their feelings about him;).

Last edited:
Great stadium and a fantastic pitch.

All those new soccer markings will make it much easier when we have time outs, line outs, shoot outs and overtime. Let's get our defense sorted so we can go more on the offense and shoot some awesome soccerball!

More perpendicular lines at BDTBL - you know it makes sense!

ISC (off for a lie down)

"BAXTER S ANONYMOUS".

I'm going to start referring to him as "The Scouse Beckham"

"BAXTER S ANONYMOUS".
Let me know when you find it :)

Out of interest, how do you rate Hammond?
Not good enough ,I thought Doyle was better but I rated Doyle. I think there are better players about ,James Wallace for one if he wasn't injured. I would not be signing him but I think we better get prepared for building a team around him with Adkins

Not good enough ,I thought Doyle was better but I rated Doyle. I think there are better players about ,James Wallace for one if he wasn't injured. I would not be signing him but I think we better get prepared for building a team around him with Adkins
That's fair enough. I wondered for a moment!

If you're unable to see what impact Baxter is able to have when he's in a number 10/Advanced role then I really have no hope for some of you.

If you're unable to see what impact Baxter is able to have when he's in a number 10/Advanced role then I really have no hope for some of you

I think everyone can see his playmaking ability but thanks for the patronising pointer.

My issue is with his defensive ability. It is not just that he isn't very good at tackling or tracking a man, it is more that much of the time, he simply can't be arsed.

We are not good enough to carry a 'luxury player'.

What rankles even more is that by considering him as our luxury player, it makes me realise how far we have fallen.

ISC

Back
Top Bottom