Do we want cheating twats?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Snowman

Reaction score
Just watching Notts and Newcastle on television. Shelvey sent off for kicking out at Lansbury after Lansbury had taken his legs. Ok he kicks out but no connection and Lansbury goes down as if shot. No connection from Shelvey, whilst there is from Lansbury who took his legs. Lansbury is a cheating shit and should get a yellow, Shelvey, is stupid but arguably hard done by. Then Lansbury (scuse my ignoramus approach but I am a simple man) crumples as though the entire effect of the gravity of Jupiter has hit him when touched by a Forest player, who then gets sent off and a penalty awarded.

Having seen all this, if I were offered Shelvey or Lansbury this or next season, I would puke. One is a liability the other is a cheat. Its like us oldsters accepting Franny Lee into our midst FFS. Is this just old Blades talking or do the youngsters think its acceptable?

Would you accept signing a cheating twat and which ones?

What I don't want is this malaise that 11 men teams have against 9 men, 10 men or even 11 men.

At this moment Forest are casual, not urgent, in their build up.

Zip it, move it, make it frantic until you are out of sight.

Victory against lesser ( 10 men, 9 men) opposition is not assured until you are 2 goals in front. Against 11 it's urgent until you are 3 ahead.

Shelvey is a stupid cunt but an excellent player. Lansbury is a decent player, but a con artist who I wouldn't enjoy watching.

Not a fan of Lansbury either...don't like his swan around attitude, rubs off on the younger players who are easily impressionable.

Ide Ave anybody who is good at football, I would then trust Wilder to "sort" em art.

I would accept us employing Satan and all his minions from the seven circles of hell it it meant promotion from this division.

No. It's a deliberate undermining of our natural instinct to care for the pack (our fellow humans).
Cheating is shown to be ok week in week out in football and its getting worse.
Players are encouraged to do it, frequently go unpunished when they do and are put on pedestals to the younger generation.
Boils my piss it does.

One of my long standing criticisms of us as a team is that we haven't had a "horrible bastard" in midfield, that is someone who kicks people when needed and sits chirping in the refs ear all game influencing things, like a Savage. The number of times over the years a good trip or shove in midfield would have stopped a goal annoys me. The closest we've had were McCall and Speed but they were still too nice.

It's this cynical player that we need, not a cheat.

The answer to this question is easy.... yes.... I give you Chris Morgan as an example.

If he had done to one of our players what he did to Hume he would be hated the likes of Ainsworth proportions....

However he is a club legend and rightly so... he's one of our own!

I remember Vincent Pericard once attempted a total swan dive in front of the kop and the whole ground burst into laughter.

I've always felt that, as a group, Blades are less tolerant of divers than other clubs. I'm basing that on absolutely nothing other than a hunch, but what the hell.

The answer to this question is easy.... yes.... I give you Chris Morgan as an example.

If he had done to one of our players what he did to Hume he would be hated the likes of Ainsworth proportions....

However he is a club legend and rightly so... he's one of our own!
I'd totally disagree with that assessment of what happened to Hume. I was there that day and think Morgan was wrongly vilified. It was assumed his actions were deliberate because the natch was like a pressure cooker that had just boiled over with Egiogu having seen red but I always thought his arm actions were to help thrust his head forward towards the ball. Hume was beavering around him and though Morgs might have known he was around him he would have had to have eyes in the back of his head to have premeditated what was done. It was all too easy to blame him. Morgs was exactly what Blades fans like in a player. Committed, hard but fair

One of my long standing criticisms of us as a team is that we haven't had a "horrible bastard" in midfield, that is someone who kicks people when needed and sits chirping in the refs ear all game influencing things, like a Savage. The number of times over the years a good trip or shove in midfield would have stopped a goal annoys me. The closest we've had were McCall and Speed but they were still too nice.

It's this cynical player that we need, not a cheat.

I'm not sure what the difference is DA?

I'd totally disagree with that assessment of what happened to Hume. I was there that day and think Morgan was wrongly vilified. It was assumed his actions were deliberate because the natch was like a pressure cooker that had just boiled over with Egiogu having seen red but I always thought his arm actions were to help thrust his head forward towards the ball. Hume was beavering around him and though Morgs might have known he was around him he would have had to have eyes in the back of his head to have premeditated what was done. It was all too easy to blame him. Morgs was exactly what Blades fans like in a player. Committed, hard but fair

I think he was trying to "let him know he was there", that was a big part of his game. It was probably unnecessary but it's not like it still doesn't go on everywhere, and the suggestions that Morgan had set out to assault him were just to sell papers. The whole incident just seemed really unfortunate.

I thought this thread was going to be about Billy Sharp. A ridiculous dive at Charlton & attempted con of the ref in the Walsall match. He should just play football and cut out the theatrics.

I think he was trying to "let him know he was there", that was a big part of his game. It was probably unnecessary but it's not like it still doesn't go on everywhere, and the suggestions that Morgan had set out to assault him were just to sell papers. The whole incident just seemed really unfortunate.
Morgs "stood his ground" nothing wrong with that. Agree that Morgs tough guy image worked against him so the national press could have a field day. It was very unfortunate but for the press and player trying to make out it was deliberate wasn't right. Nothing ever came of it. I wonder why

Back
Top Bottom