Do we have enough money to get promotion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
They is no doubt clough spent our money unwisely to say the least most of it on john brayford who although we all wanted back 2 million is way too much for him and us whichever way you want to look at it, How much has this and the new 1 million pitch, compensation for clough and his team bit into our budget for this coming season i am worried that the plug will be pulled to an extent preventing the new manager from getting his preferred targets in causing us again to fail in our bid for promotion.

It's worth noting than even with hardly any money in DW second season we came close to promotion. It is achievable. We'll still have a bigger budget than all but Wigan next season

They is no doubt clough spent our money unwisely to say the least most of it on john brayford who although we all wanted back 2 million is way too much for him and us whichever way you want to look at it, How much has this and the new 1 million pitch, compensation for clough and his team bit into our budget for this coming season i am worried that the plug will be pulled to an extent preventing the new manager from getting his preferred targets in causing us again to fail in our bid for promotion.

Mention the name SUFC in league 1 and even average players cost more and the player wants more money. A fact of life. If we had not got Brayford , we would have spent the money on a number of average players. We are were we are , and its up to the new manager to get the best out of what he has got. Its not all doom and gloom , the squad we have got is not bad . Give the players some confidence and freedom , and a number already on the books will look like new signings.

UTB

Why shouldn't we? Investment was game changing, plus no one knows what clauses were in cloughs contract.

We will by league one standard be able to provide sufficient funds to give any prospective manager enough to assemble a squad for this division ,
They say they will provide enough to help us compete in the championship on going up so money should not be in short supply in this division .

It still means getting full VFM out of any new players
No club outside the prem can fritter away its resourses

Yes...yes we have enough money to get promoted.

Yes I'm sure we have enough for promotion. And then I'm sure we'll have enough money to compete in the championship. And then I'm sure we'll have enough to compete in the prem.

We had the money to pay off NC and his team. We'll have what is needed to get the job done.

HRH isn't going to have spent millions to date just so he can see the club achieve squat. Otherwise he may as well have started using $100 bills as bog roll instead of making the stuff. There will be funds available when they are needed

This squad really doesn't need much apart from a couple of cbs and a midfielder. I hope the new guy sees Adams as a striker.

Cuvellier could be like a new signing and hopefully Long can build on a good last few months.

You as the right managero a squad which has Murphy, Flynn, done mcnulty reed Adams basham Harris etc we really should hit next season out of the park.

Thanks to clough for putting the building blocks in, now for a
Mr positive to put the roof on!

I know we pushed boat out a bit with Brayford and there are fair play rules etc, but the board has to now show some proper, serious intent and, back the new Manager to the hilt. Serious attention has to be given to the scouting system. How come teams perceived as being smaller than us, can sign/loan better players ? MK, PNE, Brentford even Swindon are all prime examples of this. I know some Southern based footballers are reluctant to move North but, if they are young players with any ambition, surely they can stand a season up here if it furthers their careers. Nigel gambled with the signings of players like Wallace J and Coutts which, if they had come off would have been great, sadly they didn't. Lets stop taking risks with players with dodgy medical histories, and get some young talent in, even if it is on loan. The above mentioned teams managed it, shouldn't be beyond our capabilities.

Given some of the players who will be available on a free, I don't think you actually need to spend that much money to get us up.

Given some of the players who will be available on a free, I don't think you actually need to spend that much money to get us up.

I saw the list of players released in the Championship, plenty of good players, I know some won't drop to League One, but I am also sure some will, especially if we get a solid manager and can convince them of the vision of a (over used phrase) "sleeping giant".

My own belief is that despite the relatively high expense of last season and this closed season, the transfer expenditure has been offset by a couple of semi final appearances along with the Maguire money. Yes, we've spent a lot on players, but if the Prince is serious about being with us for the long term as has been suggested, then I guess he's as determined as anyone involved with the club to get us promoted.

I also believe (stating the obvious) that whoever arrives will be tasked with reducing the squad size and moving on some of the dead wood Clough has amassed during his tenure, thus at least freeing up some room for manouvre in the transfer market. Add a few bob guaranteed by the board for the new manager and hopefully that should make us competitive once again

What I've learned with these these types such as the Prince who's pumping his personal wealth in to the club, is that when it's costing, they don't mess around suffering fools gladly. If decisions need to be made, however difficult, they will make them

This is why this appointment is as important as any the board are likely to make in recent times

So get it right board!

Don't forget we sold Harry mags for around £2mill... Now that's a rip off

We as a club are run as a business no one wants it to go into administration, so the answer to the question is we can't afford not to spend for next season, if they hire the ground out for functions and the pitch out for concerts or what ever we should have a good income coming in.

Could do what the likes of Preston and Ballmouth did, creative accounting. Overspend in the closed season but get all the players we want then get a 3 month transfer embargo after the fact or creat new shares every qtr and owners buy them boosting income to spend for FFP. It's the new Bladey Blade way (innit Nige A?)

What's the source for the £2m for Brayford?

I'm sure we have enough money to get us promoted. Signing the right players, now that's another matter altogether!! ;)
UTB

We as a club are run as a business no one wants it to go into administration, so the answer to the question is we can't afford not to spend for next season, if they hire the ground out for functions and the pitch out for concerts or what ever we should have a good income coming in.

You'll never go into administration While McCabe's other businesses are solvent He can't place you into administration without facing penalties that would wipe his stock value out. Whether you comply to FFP (which is a joke) is another matter

How much do you reckon the severance money for Clough and his cronies amounted too?

If Clough takes gardening leave which I presume is what the hold this last week will have been it'll be the remainder of his united contract plus his Backroom severance pay

Edit: for my clumsy fingers

Have we got enough money? I think we all know the answer to that:

No we aint got a barrel of money,
But we've got Woodward and Currie
And with Eddie Colquhoun
Promotion is soon
U-NI-TED

COYRAWW!!!!!!

Money is not a problem, we have actually been very cautious with the money. The Maguire sale paid for the Brayford signing.

Back
Top Bottom