Do we have any money to spend on new players?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Doormat

Reaction score
I understand the logic of taking stock of what he has at his disposal before anything else but:-

Assuming NA recognises the need for at least one centre half as a minimum requirement, do we have the funds to go out and get someone, or do we have to offload first.

If we have to trim the wage bill to accommodate new signings, how do we do that, and who's really going to want to come in for some of our less popular players.
Are we going to rely on players going out on season long loans, and then expect others coming in on loan or what.

I don't fancy another season of make do loan players, but neither do I fancy some of the piss poor panic buying that went on last summer.

I Know NA is a totally different charterer to his predecessor, and maybe he plays his cards very close to his chest, but the season starts five weeks tomorrow. I am looking forward to the new season, but would be more excited with a good signing or two in the bag.

The fact they allocated close to £1m for the new pitch, allied to the fact we have also just spent £0.5m on the academy upgrades and the assumption that NA would not have taken the job without some assurances on a transfer budget, I would say yes, we do have money to spend on new players

That's a fair assumption, but has anything been said officially?

just curious.

I suggest you give him time to take his coat off before he decides who's in and who's out, but if I remember rightly Mr Clough already had a shopping list before he left so I would think so.....

That's a fair assumption, but has anything been said officially?

just curious.

Wouldn't be a good idea, would it?

You say you've got £x pounds to spend: suddenly the player you want has a % of x added to his value.

Let's be patient and see where we are at the end of July. No new signings can win us a throw-in, let alone three points, before August.

You would think so. However, Adkins doesn't seem like the guy to demand a transfer budget of X amount so can't really see that as being an argument for funds being available.

I understand the logic of taking stock of what he has at his disposal before anything else but:-

Assuming NA recognises the need for at least one centre half as a minimum requirement, do we have the funds to go out and get someone, or do we have to offload first.

If we have to trim the wage bill to accommodate new signings, how do we do that, and who's really going to want to come in for some of our less popular players.
Are we going to rely on players going out on season long loans, and then expect others coming in on loan or what.

I don't fancy another season of make do loan players, but neither do I fancy some of the piss poor panic buying that went on last summer.

I Know NA is a totally different charterer to his predecessor, and maybe he plays his cards very close to his chest, but the season starts five weeks tomorrow. I am looking forward to the new season, but would be more excited with a good signing or two in the bag.
I havent ,why ? Have you ?

I reckon he must have a pretty decent budget for players or he wouldn't have come

I reckon he must have a pretty decent budget for players or he wouldn't have come
He will realise Budgets work different at Bramall Lane .....................

Once you sign on the dotted line .......................

To be fair .... we were patient last season, and look what happened there !! :eek:
UTB & FTP

To be fair we have to be patient every season for one reason or another.
It's like when we sell a player we never seem to have anyone in mind to replace them do we.
Crazy in it

Back
Top Bottom