Directors box

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jehovah

Reaction score
I have been kindly offered a free ticket in the directors box for Saturdays demolition of Swindon Town. I have never been in before (thats what he said) and wondered what peoples experiences of it were that have been? Most importantly, can you booze while watching the game?

Done it several times.

Cant booze whilst watching the game.

Depending on your package (sponsors or club guest?) Usually consists of a champagne reception, tour of the lane with a few legends (Badge, TC, Ted Hemsley et al), wander on the pitch, pre match meal and quiz with a few freebies, sat in the padded seats for the match, soup at half time, table service on bar drinks, pick the MOM at full time followed by a presentation of champagne etc.

Its a nice day, John Garrett and the corporate team are all top guys who genuinely look after you.

Lucky fella. Can someone advise him on dress code?

Let me know if u can't make it!

Done it several times.

Cant booze whilst watching the game.

Depending on your package (sponsors or club guest?) Usually consists of a champagne reception, tour of the lane with a few legends (Badge, TC, Ted Hemsley et al), wander on the pitch, pre match meal and quiz with a few freebies, sat in the padded seats for the match, soup at half time, table service on bar drinks, pick the MOM at full time followed by a presentation of champagne etc.

Its a nice day, John Garrett and the corporate team are all top guys who genuinely look after you.

Just my own experience , but having been in the directors box and platinum suite for a number of seasons way back , i prefer to watch my football with real people . I have enough of being suite and booted , on duty , polite , Monday to Friday .

As a one off ,you will enjoy the experience.

UTB

Just my own experience , but having been in the directors box and platinum suite for a number of seasons way back , i prefer to watch my football with real people . I have enough of being suite and booted , on duty , polite , Monday to Friday .

As a one off ,you will enjoy the experience.

UTB
I'd agree with that.....nice once in a while but nothing beats watching football in a real crowd.

:)

Dress code is smart but its fairly relaxed - no denim or trainers.

Shirt and trousers & blazer is my usual attire when I'm in there.

Sounds great! Cheers guys. How will the suits react when we concede in the 99th minute and I smash tha bar up, we'll see.

Sounds great! Cheers guys. How will the suits react when we concede in the 99th minute and I smash tha bar up, we'll see.

You'll be pounced on and beaten to a pulp by Jim Phipps beard. Hope you enjoy it van cleefe, but save some room for later!
UTB!

You'll be pounced on and beaten to a pulp by Jim Phipps beard. Hope you enjoy it van cleefe, but save some room for later!
UTB!

Its going to be a great day. Blades 0-4 Swindon oh ffs

I've never sat in the director's box but have been in the press box that hangs above the new south stand a couple of times. It's very spartan up there, but the view has got to be one of the best at any football ground. It's quite a stand-out feature of the stand. Most cantilivers just have press facilities at the back of the seats, but we have an overhanging gallery.

From there, there's a ladder that takes you up onto the roof of the south stand, and a wooden walkway leading to a camera position right at the top of the stand, where the flagpoles are. You don't even want to look down when you're up there.

Never been in the JSS boxes either, though I keep meaning to. Can you just pay and go up there with a hospitality package?

It's great for a change, but I'd rather be on the Kop than in the posh seats in a suit. And you can't booze and watch the game at a league match in England regardless of how posh your seating is.

Lucky fella. Can someone advise him on dress code?

Dress code:

4983426_std.jpg

Back
Top Bottom