CONFIRMED Diego departs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

metty

Reaction score
I see the boy wonder has finally decided to call it a day.

Pity he never kicked on... Looked a real talent for a while and was looking more or less ready before his injury... But just hasn't done enough to deserve a look in since in my humble opinion.

He has to do something soon or he's destined to be a Fancy Dan non-leaguer, wondering what could have been. Which would be a great waste.

Might get a go at Ches.

What an almighty shame, and what a waste.

He looked more talented than anything our academy's produced, and very different. Then injury fucked him and he never got a chance. We would've at least got good money for him at one stage. How typical of us to produce a rare, exciting type of player and never get to see anything of him.

There must be a reason he didn't get a chance when fit under different managers, but that doesn't take away from the sense of what might have been.

Best of luck to him. He's the only one of the transfer listed shitheads that I feel any sort of pang over.

In saying that, the abiding memory is of him whining about being played "out of position" on the left when he was given an opportunity in a cup tie, rather than relishing the opportunity to stake a claim. What a wasted talent!

Shame Clough messed him about so much with his loan spell(s) at York, he started well, but getting recalled then sent back killed his progress as they stopped playing him through the middle. His failed Northampton spell meant he had no chance here with Wilder, but still a bit disappointing that Adkins didn't give him an odd game for the first team after he started scoring again towards the end of last season.

Sorry- potentially me just being thick.

If he was transfer listed, not released, then that means he was under contract. So his contract has now been terminated, does that mean we've paid up his contract? Or was there some sort of termination clause?

Sorry- potentially me just being thick.

If he was transfer listed, not released, then that means he was under contract. So his contract has now been terminated, does that mean we've paid up his contract? Or was there some sort of termination clause?

He "agreed to a termination of his contract" and the remaining year may have been worth 52x £3k, more?

He wouldn't agree to anything for nothing and will have taken at least half that amount, probably more. Why should he take less?

He's a free agent now but unless he has something sorted his job prospects are at risk. After a pay-off he can accept a small wage to get his career back on track.

We save the balance.

What an almighty shame, and what a waste.

He looked more talented than anything our academy's produced, and very different. Then injury fucked him and he never got a chance. We would've at least got good money for him at one stage. How typical of us to produce a rare, exciting type of player and never get to see anything of him.

There must be a reason he didn't get a chance when fit under different managers, but that doesn't take away from the sense of what might have been.

He got a very good prolonged chance at Northampton. He flopped. United are not to blame. Successive managers are not to blame. Injury apart, the young man is entirely responsible for his own downfall, aided and abetted by his daft dad.

Back
Top Bottom