Diego declines contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Grappler

Reaction score
Just read on official Blades site that Jamie Murphy and Terry Kennedy have signed new contracts, Diego has declined his.

Not sure if that means the end of it or more negotiations?

I was amazed he wasn't on the bench Wednesday. Would have been at least some incentive to sign had he been involved.

Just read on official Blades site that Jamie Murphy and Terry Kennedy have signed new contracts, Diego has declined his.

Not sure if that means the end of it or more negotiations?

Bit gutted if we lose him. looks a good prospect.

Time yet but I'm pretty much with Houso here. Think he needs to get some good advice and not listen to wanker agents and people who nothing apart from how rich they can make themselves. Alas this is rare in this day of the millionaire average player.

TEN changes today, and diego still isn't on the bench.
Maybe he isn't going to be the star he thinks he is

Honestly, if he doesn't want to be here then see you later... If York is the only club intereste, I can't see them been able to afford the compo so he could be without a club in the summer....

Honestly, if he doesn't want to be here then see you later... If York is the only club intereste, I can't see them been able to afford the compo so he could be without a club in the summer....

I'm fairly certain there'll be a line up of clubs from the Prem and Champ wanting to sign him if we don't have an option on his contract.

We could give him away for a nominal fee with a 50% sell-on. Then if he's as good as he thinks he is, we still get something back.

No THEY lost

Besides your lad A19byf - which club do you support / did you support when you were growing up?

FWIW I think Diego is making an error on this, especially since he had a long rehabilitation from his ACL whilst under contract.
He could sign and be loaned out to get experience and game time and then still go for a fee if he wants to move on and he doesn't get the opportunity to get first team action with the Blades in 12-18 months

The only situation I can see that makes some level of logical sense is if he has been tapped up by an Italian club and they have made promises to take him on once hos contract expires - not many clubs below the Championship will really be in a position to pay the compensation due for an Academy player. Not sure that will give him any more first team football than staying in Sheffield - but it may be a case of the grass seems greener or he really dislikes Sheffield United now and there's no going back. Did somebody really upset him?

Best thing for him is to leave hope he does well

Surely the best thing would be for him to stay and knuckle down for a manager with a proven track record of bringing youngsters through?

Or perhaps playing in Serie C for Juve reserves has always been his dream?

Only thing I can see been better for the lad is if he goes to somewhere like York who will play him, they will struggle to pay the compo though

Back
Top Bottom