Decembers points total.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Coventry. Loss

Scunny . Draw

Wigan. Loss

Bradford. Draw / possible win / possible Loss

I would snatch your hand off for the possible four points in that scenario and I suspect Adkins would as well.

If they continue to put in the same effort as Saturday, and put their chances away, I could see us picking up more points than people expect.

Don't know about anyone else but it looked like something had changed to me on Saturday, since the Shrews fiasco at least. Regardless of the quality of the opposition, our players looked up for it.

Cov are due a slip up; Wigan have alrwsdy shown that they will slip up. Fancy us to do Bradford this time; Scunny always seem to bogey us though.

10680980-large.jpg

adkins2_3241154.jpg

761551215.jpg

1803231816.jpg

Three. And one of those 'crushing his enemy's skull using supernatural powers' thing.

I think we'll suprise a few and get 7 or 8 points and keep our midtable status ;)

That would be the Blades way. I hope you are right. We have one win in the last 9 against Coventry, one win in the last 6 v Wigan and v Bradford and haven't lost to Scunny in the last 7. On our current form and recent history I'd say we could expect no more than 4 points.

Scunthorpe is a 'must win' game.
The other three teams are all improving fast, we would be lucky to get a point against any of them.

Don't know about anyone else but it looked like something had changed to me on Saturday, since the Shrews fiasco at least. Regardless of the quality of the opposition, our players looked up for it.

And yet we still couldn't beat the team now bottom of the table.

I'll go for 1 point - a scrappy draw with Bradford plus a win against Oldham in the cup.

That would be the Blades way. I hope you are right. We have one win in the last 9 against Coventry, one win in the last 6 v Wigan and v Bradford and haven't lost to Scunny in the last 7. On our current form and recent history I'd say we could expect no more than 4 points.

Or, speaking of Bradford, could say we have taken 5 points from the last 3 meetings being undefeated. In our last 3 against Cov, we’ve taken 4 points. In our last 3 against Scunny we’ve taken 7 points being undefeated and that included 3-0 and most recently a 4-0 win. We could say, historically, we have won 43% of our games against Wigan compared to the 36% we’ve lost and 21% we’ve drawn. Statistics are very easily manipulated to read the way we want them to.

That being said, it looks a difficult run with probably Bradford or Scunny representing our best chance of a win. A point against either of the other two would probably be considered a good result. I’m going to be “optimistic” and say we’ll get 5 points (how depressing is it that predicting 5 points from 4 games in this league is optimistic?)

Coventry- Draw

Scunny- Win (the winless run has to end eventually)

Wigan- Lose

Bradford—Draw.

Statistics are very easily manipulated to read the way we want them to.

Very true. As the bloke said, "Lies, damned lies and statistics". If we took 12 points out of 12 promotion would definitely be on, especially if we beat Posh on Jan 2 as well - but I woke myself from that dream when I pinched myself.

I think if we're lucky we might nick a point against Bradford

And yet we still couldn't beat the team now bottom of the table.

I'll go for 1 point - a scrappy draw with Bradford plus a win against Oldham in the cup.

No we couldn't beat them mate but people seem to be forgetting it was a local derby. The oldest cliché in the footballing book tells us how you can tear the form book up in these matches. Barnsley were never going to roll over and have their bellies tickled by us.

Coventry - Lose
Scunny - Draw
Wigan - Lose
Bradford - Win

Never realised how orange Adkins was
He's only like that because when he pulls his washing out of the washing machine and sees the club badge, in that moment of reflection he bursts in to tears and buries his head inthe shirt and the colours run (due to his tears and the wrong type of washing powder). Imagine how orange he'd look if we had proper red stripes on our shirt!

Last edited:

Lose the lot without scoring for Adkins to say "we need to put it in one end and keep it out the other"

Come to think of it, our lass says that a lot.

Back
Top Bottom