Dear players,

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

maidmarion

Reaction score
I know you'll probably never see this but I feel I have to get a few thoughts down on paper.
As a Sheffield United fan, I always expect . I always assume because we are a 'big club' that one day we will play in the premiership and challenge for Europe like the best of them.
I am mostly always disappointed.
However, I do expect that when I pay my money I shall at least see some commitment from the men that pull on the shirt. I expect the players I am watching to feel some pride in the shirt they are wearing, I want them to win .
Bramall Lane has recently held a dinner for ex players who did that. They took us into the premiership, they were winners and they gave the fans pride in their team. They will forever be held in high esteem and will always be talked of in glowing terms, even though some of these players weren't world beaters. They were however a team and we were proud of them.

So, my reason for this posting?
You have the chance to go down as players who finally turned it round, who got us out of this league, who gave us our pride back, who 'United' the fans. You could be talked about as heroes and be welcomed back here in years to come . You could be the players who lead us out at Bramall Lane against our rivals from across the city and take part in that special occasion that is the local derby.

The alternative is not good, but I'm not dwelling on the negatives, I'd rather concentrate on the positives.

So, Saturday, pull on that shirt, be proud of the team and give our supporters something to shout about. Let's turn this round now and let us all be 'united'

I know you'll probably never see this but I feel I have to get a few thoughts down on paper.
As a Sheffield United fan, I always expect . I always assume because we are a 'big club' that one day we will play in the premiership and challenge for Europe like the best of them.
However, I do expect that when I pay my money I shall at least see some commitment from the men that pull on the shirt. I expect the players I am watching to feel some pride in the shirt they are wearing, I want them to win .
Bramall Lane has recently held a dinner for ex players who did that. They took us into the premiership, they were winners and they gave the fans pride in their team. They will forever be held in high esteem and will always be talked of in glowing terms, even though some of these players weren't world beaters. They were however a team and we were proud of them.

You have the chance to go down as players who finally turned it round, who got us out of this league, who gave us our pride back, who 'United' the fans. You could be talked about as heroes and be welcomed back here in years to come . You could be the players who lead us out at Bramall Lane against our rivals from across the city and take part in that special occasion that is the local derby.

The alternative is not good, but I'm not dwelling on the negatives, I'd rather concentrate on the positives.

So, Saturday, pull on that shirt, be proud of the team and give our supporters something to shout about. Let's turn this round now and let us all be 'united'
I agree with the rest of the post, obviously, but reading that last line really pisses me off, not going to lie.

I'm done with fans having bullshit blind faith and false positivity. And this isn't unique to you.

It's gone beyond the chance for those sorts of preaches, it's a case of how low we're going to sink until the board, the squad and Adkins are replaced.

They don't care. It's a lifestyle for these jokers not a profession.

Dear Mr Adkins,

Well done for hauling that prick Collins off. Let's hope he never plays for the Blades again.

Oh and leave the patient tippy tappy shit for the next man or until we've got the players.

For now just get this bunch of twats playing effective football that gets us 3pts every now and again and Tighten up the back four.

Get us out of this shit league and win us the FA cup.

Best regards

Swiss

I agree with the rest of the post, obviously, but reading that last line really pisses me off, not going to lie.

I'm probably in for it a bit here Trarny, but I agree with you on that. Sometimes I wish we were Sheffield County or something so they could'nt just trot out that trite cliche all the time.

A regular caller to FH was Jason the passionate Blade who spoke with such emotional passion that you could`nt help feeling lifted and up-beat about the club.

Get him in the dressing room before kick off and let him rip into the team. :)

Sorry if my last line caused offence.......I happen to believe that we do need to be united to be United. Twee possibly but maybe it's a gender/age thing.

For the avoidance of any misunderstanding, you certainly didn't cause me any MM nor should you need to feel the need to apologise for how you feel.

Dear Mr Adkins, Board and current SUFC team

While us, the fans, love to be entertained, there is a time and a place for that, and at the moment, what we, the fans want, is three points this week, and every week.

Don't over complicate things on the pitch; short, fast passes (except for Baxter who can pull off a long, accurate one), hoof the ball up to Sammon if needs be, but let's get the ball up into the final third and get Sammon to lay it on for Matty Done, or Che Adams or Billy Sharp.

SUFC players - if you are in the final third and have no options, don't slow down, waiting for team mates to catch up, just take a deep breath, put your head down and run, full steam, towards goal, as soon as you feel you cannot get any closer, because of opposition players coming in to close you down, take another deep breath and kick the ball AS HARD AS YOU CAN, towards their goal (like Jamie Ward used to), put their keeper under pressure. You can't hold the ball up waiting for others to come and help because we are not quick enough and the opposition will have regrouped.

Midfield and Defenders - you MUST close people down quickly, go up to them, cut them off, don't back track and let them come forward, so that they are almost in our box!

Strikers - be prepared! When a ball is fired hard and low across the goal line, STICK A FOOT OUT! A simple tap in is as good as a 30 yard screamer at the moment. I have lost count of how many times you lads are stood like spectators, watching the ball go past an open net.

All players - understand this; football is a physical game, but it is hardly rugby!, serious injuries are rare, so don't bottle a 50/50 challenge and don't shy away from an on rushing opposition player. Think about it, the worst that can happen is a clash of heads, a black eye, a bloody nose, bruised shins, in other words, the stuff that most youngsters get playing Sunday League under 14's football.

Finally, as has been said all too often, please, take some pride in the shirt, take a look at the home support and the away support we have, ordinary, men, women, kids, families, pensioners, spending their hard earned money supporting a team that don't appear to even try at the moment.

Come on, time to stop messing around, go out and do it. Make it happen.

Grappler (long time SUFC support, Blade, and once proud owner of Mick Speight type fluorescent striped football boots).

Saw Billy Sharp in Ponsfords this afternoon and he looked miserable as hell if that's any consolation ,however that maybe same as me ,shopping rather than football. Looks like a little Billy is about to enter this world any minute ,maybe that will be on his mind as its must be a very difficult time for him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him miss a couple of games ,understandably.

Dear Mr Adkins
we don't care if we lose. We don't care if we are played off the park. We do expect 100 percent commitment. Most of us would die to wear that fucking shirt
Fan.
We don't care if we lose?! Eh? I do. I'm fed up of losing to fucking shite.

Saw Billy Sharp in Ponsfords this afternoon and he looked miserable as hell if that's any consolation ,however that maybe same as me ,shopping rather than football. Looks like a little Billy is about to enter this world any minute ,maybe that will be on his mind as its must be a very difficult time for him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him miss a couple of games ,understandably.
If it's a boy I bet he won't be calling him 'Marc'.

Of it's type this kind of O.P. will always get loads of "likes", 13 to date.

Fact is that it's the manager and his coaches who create the environment for success, plus the Board who appoint the manager who takes on the budget.

How many cases do we know of where the players have succeeded under a bad manager? plus a bad budget?

O.P. Nonsense.

It's gone beyond the chance for those sorts of preaches, it's a case of how low we're going to sink until the board, the squad and Adkins are replaced.

...and while we are at it, replace the crappy moaning fans, the TV unfriendly stripes, the shitty old BDTBL and the name. We could probably even get a couple of million for selling exclusive rights to 'United' to the Johnny-come-latelys at Newton Heath (fuck Leeds, Bar codes and the CheatinAmmers).

If we started our wonderful newly formed team on the second day of the week we could even call ourselves Sheffield Tuesday. That would piss off that lot in S6.

TrueBlade?: - You really are having a larf with that monicker.

ISC

Fact is that it's the manager and his coaches who create the environment for success, plus the Board who appoint the manager who takes on the budget.

How many cases do we know of where the players have succeeded under a bad manager? plus a bad budget?

O.P. Nonsense.
Not bothered whether I get likes or not.
I had just watched the 3-1 video highlights of our game against Wednesday and this was my reaction to it.

Dear Players

Imagine on Saturday that you'll get a gram of coke or an extra 100 betting chips at Gentings for every goal you score. Then I'm sure you'll bag a hatful. Then hopefully it won't be too long before you 'Made In Chelsea' knock-off cunts fuck off away from my club and never darken our hallowed turf again.

Fuck you very much

Me.

O.P. Nonsense.
Whats this obsession with 'likes' ? Im sure MM never even thought about that ,did you with your black player sketch yesterday ? Who gives a toss about people liking you or not ?
Only thing Im bothered about on here is the prediction league but its not liking me very much this year.

We'd be so much better if Connor Sammon remembered he's 6 foot 3 and built like a brick shit house

Sorry but which ever squad that finally drags us out of this toss league will still be third division dross.

There will be no heroes.

We've slipped so low that some are mourning some useless pillock who is managing to score in the fourth division.

Back
Top Bottom