Dean Saunders...........Sacked.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ChipButtyBlade

Reaction score
Chesterfield have done the right thing binning Saunders,after 23 games in charge.

You dont get results you put your neck on the chopping block.

Or should they have given him at least until the end of the season or even longer,you know to give him a proper chance.

Nigel Clough will be up for this localish job in NE Derbyshire surely.

with the 6 months left on McEverleys contract I'd happily contribute if I was McCabe!! ........ Getting Clough to sign Collins might prove a little tricky though!

I seriously doubt that Chesterfield could afford Clough's salary and certainly not his entourage.

Saunders should have been given more time. With a low budget and high expectations (based on an overachieving team) he was always going to struggle.

What is more pertinent is Atkins who has a high budget and high expectations but a seriously underachieving team. The question is why?

Feel a bit sorry for him but he should have stayed with Donny a few years back. He did a great job building that team and should have a promotion on his CV now. Instead he has 2 relegations and another failure.

A classic example of knowing which side your bread is buttered on and staying there.

I seriously doubt that Chesterfield could afford Clough's salary and certainly not his entourage.

Saunders should have been given more time. With a low budget and high expectations (based on an overachieving team) he was always going to struggle.

What is more pertinent is Atkins who has a high budget and high expectations but a seriously underachieving team. The question is why?

This. They sold some of their best players in summer. It was always going to be a struggle.

I said to a few Chesterfield fans at the start of the season that he'd be gone before Xmas. So ex players just don't make good managers and despite needing to rebuild at Chesterfield, he was never going to do very well

Luckily for them they're not yet in the relegation battle and a few wins will put them back in midtable, where I think is about their level.

Yeah Saunders isn't a great manager and he was fortunate to found himself getting into the revolving door system that mangers go through.
Clubs really need to start thinking more when recruiting managers was Saunders really the man they wanted, or was it because he has some experience in this league and was available.

I don't rate him as a manager but even so this is a perfect example of how ridiculous football has become.

Four straight defeats is enough to lose you a manager his job after about four months.....at Chesterfield.....CHESTERFIELD! A team that spend their existence yo-yo-ing between the third and fourth divisions.

The financial rewards for simply taking a job and getting sacked within months must be huge. I can't think of any other reason why anyone would want to be a football manager.

I said to a few Chesterfield fans at the start of the season that he'd be gone before Xmas. So ex players just don't make good managers and despite needing to rebuild at Chesterfield, he was never going to do very well

Luckily for them they're not yet in the relegation battle and a few wins will put them back in midtable, where I think is about their level.
Just above us then Swiss.

Clough being another :cool:

Given KM stated on Friday that our problem is 'too many players' it's pretty unlikely.

That's not our problem at all. Our problem is not enough good players.

It also make me laugh how they always blame someone else for the problems created by themselves. Too many players? Well you and your mates on the board presumably sanctioned the signings Kev.

Glad I'm not the only one who picked up on what is going to be the upcoming transfer windows excuse.
It's a good point but I hope you are reading it wrong. Come Christmas we could easily be in the relegation zone. If they aren't doing their homework on what's needed, we are in big trouble.

UTB

Would have thought it offers a decent first step into management for Morgs.

Unless of course he's withholding his application, pending what happens here over the next few weeks.

Could be a chance to sneak in and nick Morsey or Herd ? Wouldn't mind Evatt for the rest of this season either.
Good suggestions. Unfortunately we don't react quickly enough. "Protracted negotiations" seem to be the order of the day!

Feel a bit sorry for him but he should have stayed with Donny a few years back. He did a great job building that team and should have a promotion on his CV now. Instead he has 2 relegations and another failure.

A classic example of knowing which side your bread is buttered on and staying there.

Deano was a decent enough signing for us and scored one of the most memorable goals a lot have us have seen. Pity then, that he always came across as a bit of a whining, mardy asshole as a manager.

Back
Top Bottom