David Barrington

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

sitwell

Big member
Reaction score
Does anyone on here recall the House of Barrington or HOBOT who supplied our kit in the 80s ? Well David Barrington who in partnership with his Dad Tony was HOBOT in reality has just been sent down with the former CEO of JJB sports for fraud. David sat next to me at school and was a good friend who used to go to the Lane until he started mixing with the likes of Daniel Sugar and it all went to his head a bit.
I also had business dealings with Stephen Hinchcliffe (he still owes me) when he bought Bukta ,and he eventually got sent down for bribery and fraud too ,whos next ??

Does anyone on here recall the House of Barrington or HOBOT who supplied our kit in the 80s ? Well David Barrington who in partnership with his Dad Tony was HOBOT in reality has just been sent down with the former CEO of JJB sports for fraud. David sat next to me at school and was a good friend who used to go to the Lane until he started mixing with the likes of Daniel Sugar and it all went to his head a bit.
I also had business dealings with Stephen Hinchcliffe (he still owes me) when he bought Bukta ,and he eventually got sent down for bribery and fraud too ,whos next ??

Who's next? Dunno but please don't visit me or my business!

You're looking a strong favourite to me Sitters.

Sitwell , small world . I also had dealings with Barrington , Hinchcliffe , Woolhouse . This was a bad time in the history of SUFC , with being run by so called millionaires who had nowt.

They used SUFC to there advantage and more money went out than came in. This is why we are fortunate to be run under the stewardship of the McCabe family ,even with all there past failings and mistakes in all things football.

Sheffield is still a village , with the same type of people . Thankfully none are connected with the Blades anymore.

UTB

He ripped off my Grandad too, must be half of Sheffield out of pocket by that crook.

What with this and the firms/crews Sitters knows it sounds like he is actually a Prince of the Underworld.

You walk in some really dodgy circles, it seems, Sitters.

Sitwell , small world . I also had dealings with Barrington , Hinchcliffe , Woolhouse . This was a bad time in the history of SUFC , with being run by so called millionaires who had nowt.

They used SUFC to there advantage and more money went out than came in. This is why we are fortunate to be run under the stewardship of the McCabe family ,even with all there past failings and mistakes in all things football.

Sheffield is still a village , with the same type of people . Thankfully none are connected with the Blades anymore.

'...had dealings with Barrington, Hinchcliffe, Woolhouse.' Let me ask Lord Bos - your middle names not 'Lucky' us it?

UTB

Stephen Hinchcliffe was purely business and hundreds of people in Sheffield got ripped off by him. I delivered a suit to him from his Hall at Parkhead to his Mansion in Grosvenor Square one night , he invited me in but I was wary of getting a ticket so didn't bother ,and all this was paid for by tainted money. I also delivered St Johnstones kit to Perth one morning ,all the team were stood about waiting for it for a preseason team photograph.
As for David Barrington ,he is the most unlikely criminal you will meet ,pretty much a nerd but a really nice guy. I fear for him in prison.

Stephen Hinchcliffe was purely business and hundreds of people in Sheffield got ripped off by him. I delivered a suit to him from his Hall at Parkhead to his Mansion in Grosvenor Square one night , he invited me in but I was wary of getting a ticket so didn't bother ,and all this was paid for by tainted money. I also delivered St Johnstones kit to Perth one morning ,all the team were stood about waiting for it for a preseason team photograph.
As for David Barrington ,he is the most unlikely criminal you will meet ,pretty much a nerd but a really nice guy. I fear for him in prison.

Sitters , my uncle was friends with his father Tony Barrington who although a businessman , was a gentleman. The thing is about David Barrington he was seduced like many by fame and fortune. As the saying goes . Live by the sword you die by the sword.

UTB

Paul Woolhouse!! I often wonder what became of him and if any of the many rumours were true. Felt sorry for him to a large extent, overstretched himself with the Sam Hashimi affair. Had a good business, lovely house in the Mayfield valley, often stopped for a pint in the Bulls Head at Ranmoor on his way home and was a decent bloke. Clearly took a heart over head decision and paid for it in a big way. A real shame. A true Blade.

What with this and the firms/crews Sitters knows it sounds like he is actually a Prince of the Underworld.

You walk in some really dodgy circles, it seems, Sitters.

The nature of my business is dealing with a lot of people in the Sheffield area ,I personally know 2 of Uniteds sponsors very well ,I have worked for the club and individuals at both Sheffield clubs ,the Steelers ,Rotherham Donny ,Chesterfield and Mansfield as well as other clubs outside the area. I worked for Howard Culley and had to swear to secrecy when he was handling Geogiou Kinkladzes transfer to Man city. Have also delivered summons and contracts to many footballers and other well known characters. In the past year we have done work for Mick Hucknall ,John Terry and Ryan Giggs on their various houses and bars. Biggest twat was David Pleat ,nicest bloke was Trevor Francis ,shadiest was Dalian Atkinson.

The nature of my business is dealing with a lot of people in the Sheffield area ,I personally know 2 of Uniteds sponsors very well ,I have worked for the club and individuals at both Sheffield clubs ,the Steelers ,Rotherham Donny ,Chesterfield and Mansfield as well as other clubs outside the area. I worked for Howard Culley and had to swear to secrecy when he was handling Geogiou Kinkladzes transfer to Man city. Have also delivered summons and contracts to many footballers and other well known characters. In the past year we have done work for Mick Hucknall ,John Terry and Ryan Giggs on their various houses and bars. Biggest twat was David Pleat ,nicest bloke was Trevor Francis ,shadiest was Dalian Atkinson.

Sitters . What a impressive:) CV . You have got the job.:cool:

Paul Woolhouse!! I often wonder what became of him and if any of the many rumours were true. Felt sorry for him to a large extent, overstretched himself with the Sam Hashimi affair. Had a good business, lovely house in the Mayfield valley, often stopped for a pint in the Bulls Head at Ranmoor on his way home and was a decent bloke. Clearly took a heart over head decision and paid for it in a big way. A real shame. A true Blade.
I did some work for Woolmet , one of his companies and never had a problem getting paid , but never actually met him. Dave Richards and three star is another matter.

I did some work for Woolmet , one of his companies and never had a problem getting paid , but never actually met him. Dave Richards and three star is another matter.

Didn't really know him Sitters, just a nod of recognition now and again, although I shook his hand at Leicester. He enjoyed a quiet pint (or G & T) in the pub, never played the big "I am" and always came across as a decent bloke. He really should have let Hashimi and Brealey sort things out and remained on the periphery instead of trying to stump up nigh on £3Million he didn't have.

Didn't really know him Sitters, just a nod of recognition now and again, although I shook his hand at Leicester. He enjoyed a quiet pint (or G & T) in the pub, never played the big "I am" and always came across as a decent bloke. He really should have let Hashimi and Brealey sort things out and remained on the periphery instead of trying to stump up nigh on £3Million he didn't have.

SUFC and women - it is quite easy to be seduced by them and loose your head and faculties . Bye eck , we certainly have had a chequered history at board level , but what club hasn't.

UTB

Like I said, Prince of the Underworld ;)

I was at school with this lad:

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2000/sep/10/theobserver.observerbusiness8

He was goalkeeper in the school team and a big Unitedite. He used to go to plenty of away matches. A few of us went together to see United at Man City in the mid-70s - lost 3-2 - and I remember bumping into him at Stoke at a game we won 2-1 with a last-minute goal from Stewart Scullion.

I last saw him in Tiffany's on London Road in the early-eighties.

As I understand it, he'd be arrested now if he so much as set foot in this country so I suspect he's not a regular down the Lane any more.

On the subject of criminality, bet no-one has seen the insides of as many prisons as me, The Scrubs, Brixton, Holloway, Feltham, Wandsworth, Lincoln, Lewes etc etc, been there done that.

I have it on good authority by the way that Wandsworth is the Ritz of London gaols....

On the subject of criminality, bet no-one has seen the insides of as many prisons as me, The Scrubs, Brixton, Holloway, Feltham, Wandsworth, Lincoln, Lewes etc etc, been there done that.

I have it on good authority by the way that Wandsworth is the Ritz of London gaols....

Catching you up Dazzler - HMP's Wakefield, New Hall & Styal and counting for me.

I've been to Armley, Donny, Hull, The Wolds, Everthorpe, Wakefield, Wetherby, Lindholme, Newhall, Leicester, Lincoln, Moorlands and Styal.

We're in the same line of work.

I've been to Armley, Donny, Hull, The Wolds, Everthorpe, Wakefield, Wetherby, Lindholme, Newhall, Leicester, Lincoln, Moorlands and Styal.

Mine was not an exhaustive list :) . Off the top of my head also

Sutton
One near Portsmouth whose name escapes me
One out in Surrey ditto
Hollesley Bay
One near Henley
Some secure facility near Wrexham

Don't get me started on police stations :)

No. Legalised theft. That's if the Daily Mail is to be believed.

What with fixed fees, the last criminal case I ever did, I was paid less than the minimum wage per hour. My firm stopped crime shortly after that!

I guess you did this business with him before around 1993? I know the family quite well and I imagine most people stopped around that time when everything caught up with him. I wouldn't trust many Sheffield millionaires to be honest. They all fell from the same tree, there is something in the water.(not a veiled dig at Kevin by the way)

As you have around 11% of Dazzler's post tally, clearly one of you is better at it than the other.....

Wasn't it Hinchcliffe who used to fly a helicopter in and out of his place a Dore and piss all the neighbours off?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom