Dave Bassett's Christmas Party

• Thread starter Deleted member 1486
  • Start date

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

D

Deleted member 1486

Documented under "10 of football's weirdest runs and hoodoos: Parties, mean Maeda and cruddy Coventry" (442 online).

bassett_sheff_utd.jpg

Is someone suggesting that the Theme for the Wembley Playoff Final is Christmas ...

As if it isn't expensive enough as it is, we all have buy pressies ?

and yes, it is an awsome Picture, almost as good as the one in mi 'ead

Just look at that fucking picture. Look at it.

pommpey

I'll expand on that.

There is a centre forward, a proper centre forward at that (although I lost all respect when he left us twice) putting his nut behind a cross from a proper winger, to score a goal against a very respected side, which would come to dominate English football for the next two decades. In the background, the crowd - possibly a big 20k+ crowd who expect United to score against their opposition, are ready to jump in their air in celebration.

Compare that to the shit we have these days.

pommpey

I'll expand on that.

There is a centre forward, a proper centre forward at that (although I lost all respect when he left us twice) putting his nut behind a cross from a proper winger, to score a goal against a very respected side, which would come to dominate English football for the next two decades. In the background, the crowd - possibly a big 20k+ crowd ...

Bet the "official" crowd was about 16 thousand ;-)

Salad days.

A depressing reminder of what we were once. As well as a proper centre forward could we have a proper back four to defend set pieces.

I'll expand on that.

There is a centre forward, a proper centre forward at that (although I lost all respect when he left us twice) putting his nut behind a cross from a proper winger, to score a goal against a very respected side, which would come to dominate English football for the next two decades. In the background, the crowd - possibly a big 20k+ crowd who expect United to score against their opposition, are ready to jump in their air in celebration.

Compare that to the shit we have these days.

pommpey
And they played in a proper striped shirt, not the bag of shit we will be forced to wear next season

Crying now about the time we had real players with real pride. The memories are great the the present pain does hurt:(.

Really? You sure about that? I thought Sky started showing the EPL the following season. Hmmm

Maidenhead will know ;)
Yep pretty certain it was 1992. Think the first live Sky match was Forest v Liverpool, and Teddy Sheringham scored a belter.

*edit - here it is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League#Media_coverage

I remember the 'Alive and Kicking' soundtrack they did for their advertising, and juist being proud that we were on it, despite David Hirst wearing a Blades shirt in the middle of this...

Back
Top Bottom