Dartford Crossing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If anyone is planning on using the M25 Dartford crossings (bridge or tunnel) to get down to or back from Gillingham on Saturday, it is worth knowing that you can't pay by cash anymore. To pay online in advance you can use www.gov.uk/pay-dartford-crossing-charge.[/QUOTE]

Can I also add, that if you have a company (ie: company reg no) you can set up a company account - pay an amount by CC, then add vehicle registrations and it just "logs" your vehicles journeys. You then get an email every month with the trips. Doing it this way also only costs £1.66 each way. I've had one since it was set up and it's dead easy - you also get over the bloody bridge quicker !!!

Safe Journey people

UTB

I've probably told this one before, but I have a good mate who can do a ten minute rant on the unfairness of the charge. He lives in Maidstone and often has to travel over to Essex for work. His company pays the toll, so that's not his beef. It's that the "tolls" were due to end when the QEII bridge had been fully paid for. When that happened, the government then decided that the "toll" would be replaced by a "charge", so they kept the promise, but of course the charge is now presumably in place forever. His latest disgruntlement was when the charges were increased and he doesn't see how something which was supposed to be free could then end up costing more, it was all profit anyway.

He and I went to Priestfield in 1980, a lovely sunny day and we lost 3-0. I haven't been back since and out of solidarity with my mate, I'm not going this time either :)

Can anyone suggest alternative route as there seem to be big delays this way too ?!

Ideally using A1 not M1 also.

Cheers

Can I also add, that if you have a company (ie: company reg no) you can set up a company account - pay an amount by CC, then add vehicle registrations and it just "logs" your vehicles journeys. You then get an email every month with the trips. Doing it this way also only costs £1.66 each way. I've had one since it was set up and it's dead easy - you also get over the bloody bridge quicker !!!

Safe Journey people

UTB
Out of interest, how do you get over quicker? Can't be any different to if I was to pay in advance online surely?

Out of interest, how do you get over quicker? Can't be any different to if I was to pay in advance online surely?

Possibly referring to the removal of the barriers.

been over and under many, many times in the past 15 years or so and it has been an embarrassment to the country - fucking stupid idea of a toll on one of the busiest sections of motorway anywhere.

Sorry, what I should have written, is the changes make the journey across quicker - when you get to the area, you pass through at 40-50 mph which is better than having to chuck money in a basket.

I try and go very early morning and late at night. Costs nowt and very little traffic. Course if the flights from Gatwick don't fit I'm stuffed.

Back
Top Bottom