Danny webber at scunny?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

corkysbeard

Reaction score
Anybody else see Danny webber and what looked like a couple of his mates in the ground Saturday at scunny,On the main stand ?

I shouted him as he was paying to go in through turnstile,just wandering if anybody else noticed him in ground?

UTB

Yes, a few of us were in their end and he was sat at the end of our row with what looked like his missus, his kid and a few mates.

Yes, a few of us were in their end and he was sat at the end of our row with what looked like his missus, his kid and a few mates.
I was sat in there main stand with corkys twin cubs and that's when I noticed him as we was going in....he's a blade and he's a blade nah nah nah nah

I was sat in there main stand with corkys twin cubs and that's when I noticed him as we was going in....he's a blade and he's a blade nah nah nah nah
That's exactly what we sang and he stuck his thumb up and smirked at us. I got a reyt hard on then a steward came over to me and started fondling me. ;)

I'm going for chocolate Brazils, now they are mighty fine nuts!

was a good player for us.

Is he still playing for Salford?

True but breaking it down into more detail

Webber was brilliant in the Championship, probably our most exciting player. I expected big things.
But in the PL he struggled and never did much, although I remember a goal he scored away at Newcastle.
My main memory of him though was the clean through chance at home to Wigan.
Everything seemed to go onto slow motion as he smartly chipped it over the keeper towards the empty net.
The ball hit the inside of the post and bounced along the goal line.

What is it about wingers?
Paul Ifill was another one, excellent in the Championship but struggled badly in the PL.

Webber was brilliant in the Championship, probably our most exciting player. I expected big things.
But in the PL he struggled and never did much, although I remember a goal he scored away at Newcastle.
Everything seemed to go onto slow motion as he smartly chipped it over the keeper towards the empty net.

Paul Ifill was another one, excellent in the Championship but struggled badly in the PL.

I'll have a half arsed go at explaining that. :)

Ifill wasn't the most gifted winger but the he was willing to try things repeatedly knowing a percentage would come off for him. So he got a slagged by the know-nowts for all the failed attempts, but that sort of creativity by percentage was really useful. I prefer it to players taking the safe option in the final third.

Anyway, that was fairly productive in the Championship when we had a high percentage of the play and could be on top in games. Sadly, in the Prem against better teams and with our attacks being rarer and more precious, the percentages no longer worked out. Keef wasn't the man to unlock packed defences in the Championship, but if you had three chances to put a cross in during a Premiership match, would you trust him or Ifill to deliver?

Cheerio Paul!

I always thought that Danny and Kabba would cause Premier League defences a problem because of their pace. Never quite materialised.

And didn't the much-maligned Monty make the Newcastle goal with brilliant pass...

It is always good to see former players taking the time out to come and watch us play, far too little do it, which is a huge shame. Can anyone name many players who still do it. Gage, Santos, Stephen Quinn, Dane Whitehouse are the ones that spring to mind.

Danny Webber did miss the chance against Wigan, but i also remember him taking a similar opportunity against Cardiff a year before.....

I remember bumping into Danny Webber in Gatecrasher back when he played for us and I can honestly say that he was an absolute gent and really genuine. Had a chat and a laugh and a joke with me and my mates and he was happy to pose for a picture and stuff.....Really top fella.

I won't name and shame but he was with a couple of other blades, one was ok but didn't really say much whilst the other was an absolute tosspot, was more intent on impressing the ladies and didn't want to be seen talking to fans.

It is always good to see former players taking the time out to come and watch us play, far too little do it, which is a huge shame. Can anyone name many players who still do it. Gage, Santos, Stephen Quinn, Dane Whitehouse are the ones that spring to mind.

Danny Webber did miss the chance against Wigan, but i also remember him taking a similar opportunity against Cardiff a year before.....
Len Badger, Ted Hemsley and on occasions Eddie Colquhoun. Does Fred Furniss still go to the Lane?

Second game already this season he has been to. Can't remember the first but I do remember seeing him tweet about it. As said, it's great when ex players keep coming back. Not sure how many from last couple seasons will be back, though!

Webber was an important player for us during a good period for the club. I think some forget just how good he was in the Championship. He could always make something happen. We haven't had enough exciting strikers like him since.

was a good player for us.

Is he still playing for Salford?
No he retired this year after Salford got promoted.
I saw him play for Salford against Blyth Spartans last season and he looked out if his depth!
Liked him when he played for us though.

Last time I saw him he was on an advert for broadband or something. Anyone see it?

Kyle Walker still attends occasionally if he's not playing for Spurs, I think.

Kabba ended up at Watford but it is best not to mention that to Martin Samuels.

I think our fat friend maybe referencing Mr Kabba a few times in upcoming days in a bid to blow over the latest West Ham revelations!

:fattwat:

Back
Top Bottom