Dane Whitehouse - An Appreciation

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Posted on the Porterfield thread.
But down to Grappler for the comment about Dane's goal in the 4-2 v Man City.

"He's one of our own"

We all know what other two goals that'll be added without having to guess!

Top Blade.

He WAS fucking well fit to wear the shirt ..... unlike some of the dross we currently have ......

UTB & FTP

One of my absolute favourite United matches was the home game against West Ham on Sky in the Premiership. We stormed back from 2-0 down ton win 3-2 and Whitehouse started it off with an absolute rocket from outside the area.

Hard to believe we went down after that, really.

Also, I love on that on the video Lake's brilliant finish doesn't merit a reply but a poorly taken penalty does. The joys of a club video. Whoever put that together for City must have felt at least a little sheepish.

One of my absolute favourite United matches was the home game against West Ham on Sky in the Premiership. We stormed back from 2-0 down ton win 3-2 and Whitehouse started it off with an absolute rocket from outside the area.

Also, I love on that on the video Lake's brilliant finish doesn't merit a reply but a poorly taken penalty does. The joys of a club video. Whoever put that together for City must have felt at least a little sheepish.

He was a proper player, playing in a proper team with proper attitude.

Todays team aren't fit to iron his kit.

pommpey

You can't buy what he had. Although, if you could, we probably couldn't afford it.

Abselutly loved the lad
We beat Coventry away early 90s 3-1 scored a screamer
I was working in London travelled back same night happy as fuck

Lovely opening goal by Whitehouse against the pigs, but watch at 3.55 for pure comedy gold........

Tracey running across the camera... Never forget that from the tv.
Sunday morning and the big surprise was Deane back in the starting XI.
Woods! England international?? I saw Nicky Johns play better at BDTBL.

The day after my 14th birthday.

I remember going to Ecclesfield School the next morning in jubilant mood, which was further enhanced by being in a small but vocal minority of Blades, and then getting chased back down the main drive.

Happy Days

Forget the other nonsense.
From 4.25 - 4.35

Really?

Scroll to the very bottom. (Teflon Don)

http://www.footballforums.net/archive/index.php/t-139209.html

Here is a quote from his official site in 2001 after a visit to Sheffield Utd with QPR...

"When I was at Port Vale I was involved in a tackle with Sheffield Utd midfielder Dane Whitehouse which unfortunately led to the early end of his career due to knee ligament problems. Those who know me will know I went in 100% as usual but never meant to hurt anyone -I never would. Myself and Dane were in contact after the incident and I wish him all the best, but I still get loads of stick from the Sheffield Utd crowd.

I know it can't be defended, but this really was a one off."

Last edited:

Forget the other nonsense.
From 4.25 - 4.35

Really?

Scroll to the very bottom. (Teflon Don)

http://www.footballforums.net/archive/index.php/t-139209.html

Here is a quote from his official site in 2001 after a visit to Sheffield Utd with QPR...

"When I was at Port Vale I was involved in a tackle with Sheffield Utd midfielder Dane Whitehouse which unfortunately led to the early end of his career due to knee ligament problems. Those who know me will know I went in 100% as usual but never meant to hurt anyone -I never would. Myself and Dane were in contact after the incident and I wish him all the best, but I still get loads of stick from the Sheffield Utd crowd.

I know it can't be defended, but this really was a one off."

Cunt

Tracey running across the camera... Never forget that from the tv.
Sunday morning and the big surprise was Deane back in the starting XI.
Woods! England international?? I saw Nicky Johns play better at BDTBL.
No you didn'tdidn't:)

I got thrown out of the Kop for running on the pitch that night :D
Watched the Second half from the South :)

Best night ever as a blade I was 14 and my mates dad took us but we had tickets in the north stand near the away end. He told us in no uncertain terms not to jump up! I remember looking on in awe at the away end Wendy love to tell us about how amazing there away support is but nothing will ever beat that night. Balloons flares and the noise incredible.

We took our seats a little nervously but we didn't need to be, when Whitehouse banged in the first it seemed like everyone round us jumped up. That was the green light we went nuts and literally watched the rest of the game stood on our seats singing and going mad after each goal. Of course Wendy fans deny the number of blades in the home areas that night but I was there and witnessed it.

One of my first ever Blades heroes. I always recall that story when the board told him he had been sold to Birmingham and he said "No I havent"

My dad took me on the home end at that game at Hillsborough cos our end had sold out. I was only about 9 but I remember him scoring and about 40 Blades jumped up in their end cheering. Most were moved to our end. Great memories.

There were a lot of Blades in their South Stand that night, there were Blades all over....
But you are right, no Blades ever go in Wendy bits......Yet there was 450000 of them used to "take over the Lane"...Even though in the 50s it was a ground ticket and and people moved to their end at half time...... SWFC - re-writing history every day

Back
Top Bottom