CW on Football Focus...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It was mentioned on the beeb news this morning. Ex Ball boy manages his home club and all that. Dan Walker sounded quite excited about it.

Thought he had a preference for the pork?
He is, don't think he hides it, but i think its because he studied or lived in Sheffield, he picked Wednesday, but is a bit of a follower of both sides

Seems a decent bloke from what i understand

Ooh a mention of Mourinho being "the Special One" from the ever-relevent BBC. Wonder how many more clichés they'll cram in? Maybe a "Romance of the FA Cup" reference?

Don't think he fits the Breakfast tv programme though, comes across as a bit wet.
Prefers pigs to us but supports Crawley apparently.
Bit of a God botherer too.

He is, don't think he hides it, but i think its because he studied or lived in Sheffield, he picked Wednesday, but is a bit of a follower of both sides

Seems a decent bloke from what i understand
Yeah. Good presenter, sports or otherwise. Was great on the beach in Rio.

Deffo porky preference. Remember seeing an article for a steel city derby where he stated that. Not a deluded porker, though. Roots not in the area, which may be why. Did he study in Sheff then?

Yeah. Good presenter, sports or otherwise. Was great on the beach in Rio.

Deffo porky preference. Remember seeing an article for a steel city derby where he stated that. Not a deluded porker, though. Roots not in the area, which may be why. Did he study in Sheff then?

I think he studied or worked his first job in sheff (something like that), he definitely was living in sheff a year or two ago as my mate used to chat to him at the gym and have a bit of football banter.

Wilder is now coming across well, at the start of the season I think the media side of the job almost took him by surprise but he now seems much more confident and assured.

Wilder is now coming across well, at the start of the season I think the side of the job almost took him by surprise bust seems much more confident and assured.

Never had that impression myself Harry. When CW first came here what came across to me was a manager completely absorbed by the job ahead of him. Very quickly the results have been the severest learning curve he could have wished for, just look at how Wilder initially applauded the qualities of Hussey only to realise that Hussey wasn't quite the player he wanted. Says a great deal about Wilder and his ability to not stand on ceremony when it comes to being decisive.

Now Wilder is engaged in the business of the current game being the most important, of ensuring that the systems he plays aren't cemented and inflexible and can be changed if necessary, of making sure that the players know their roles and are prepared to work their bollocks off.........all the ingredients of someone who applies himself the way we'd all expect a Sheffield United manager to behave.

Last edited:
Never had that impression myself Harry. When CW first came here what came across to me was a manager completely absorbed by the job ahead of him. Very quickly the results have been the severest learning curve he could have wished for, just look at how Wilder initially applauded the qualities of Hussey only to realise that Hussey wasn't quite the player he wanted. Say a great deal about Wilder and his ability to not stand on ceremony when it comes to being decisive.

Now Wilder is engaged in the business of the current game being the most important, of ensuring that the systems he plays aren't cemented and inflexible and can be changed if necessary, of making sure that the players know their roles and are prepared to work their bollocks off.........all the ingredients of someone who applies himself the way we'd all expect a Sheffield United manager to display.

Hmmm it was the interview after Milwall that worried me he looked ill and under the cosh... but the recent upturn looks to have made a new man of him.

Back
Top Bottom