Crowd tomorrow

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There's no reason it should be under 20,000, but I think it will be. I think a lot of the floating supporters are unaware of the extent of the turnaround, it's not simply a good run of form. If we struggle for 20,000 tomorrow I'd expect us to struggle for 20,000 for the rest of the season. Until any massive occasion, which they'll all turn up for.

Should be over 20k and I hope it is. Only thing that might drag the crowd down is MK's minibus of fans.

Crowds don't win you points true. But in the long run they make players want to play for your club.

Play in front of 20k at Sheffield United or 12k at at Coventry? ...and that's not even mentioning the 5k or so most league one clubs get.

The majority of league one players and probably all league two players would jump at the chance to play for us, and some Champiionship fringe players without doubt.

Some of it's down to the history and tradition, some to the money, but a lot of it I dare say is running out at one of the best stadiums outside the Premier League in front of 20 odd thousand fanatical fans.

I can't see MK Dons bringing many - so we'll do well to get over 20,000 imo

South Stand is pretty much sold out I hear.

I assume everywhere else will be in the ground will be fairly full, we don't play another home league match til the 19th of November.

You're right as far as any one off match goes. But in the long run the number of fans coming through the gate greatly influences the fortunes of any club.

Our crowds are already way above what the club deserve after half a decade of dishing up fucking shit. They'll grow organically as long as we continue to entertain and win.
WAWAW.

There's no reason it should be under 20,000, but I think it will be. I think a lot of the floating supporters are unaware of the extent of the turnaround, it's not simply a good run of form. If we struggle for 20,000 tomorrow I'd expect us to struggle for 20,000 for the rest of the season. Until any massive occasion, which they'll all turn up for.

Also it being half term still and some people being away and MK Dons not bringing a huge following could have an impact. Never quite know what the walk up will be from home fans.

Should be over 20k and I hope it is. Only thing that might drag the crowd down is MK's minibus of fans.

Crowds don't win you points true. But in the long run they make players want to play for your club.

Play in front of 20k at Sheffield United or 12k at at Coventry? ...and that's not even mentioning the 5k or so most league one clubs get.

The majority of league one players and probably all league two players would jump at the chance to play for us, and some Champiionship fringe players without doubt.

Some of it's down to the history and tradition, some to the money, but a lot of it I dare say is running out at one of the best stadiums outside the Premier League in front of 20 odd thousand fanatical fans.
I've heard several ex players talk about this when discussing what attracts them to a club. Not us particularly but in general, as well as money, the likelihood of success and the location, playing in front of big crowds is a consideration.

If there's less than 20k the players should score 279 own goals in protest.

I don't think "floating" supporters exist these days. Not in a city like Sheffield. I think people just pick their matches.
MK Dons in town won't appeal to that many..... Unless there's a ticket deal on.

I don't think "floating" supporters exist these days. Not in a city like Sheffield. I think people just pick their matches.
MK Dons in town won't appeal to that many..... Unless there's a ticket deal on.
I'd always assumed those Live on a Houseboat/barge adverts were aimed at floating supporters.

Reactions: Dkc
Seriously though how many own goals do you think it'd be possible to score in 90 minutes?

These are the questions...

I dislike threads like this , not because I don't want our team to be as well supported as possible ,
But it reminds me of them fuckers up the road always banging fucking on about how " massive " they are ,
Although taking and filling Wembley stadium for the play offs worked in there favour ,
Oh wait a minute they bottled it .
We Almost Won At Wembley , wankers

I hope that it's just the loyal 19,000 (true Blades) that turn up week in and week out but i expect the "others" will start filtering back.

I hope that it's just the loyal 19,000 (true Blades) that turn up week in and week out but i expect the "others" will start filtering back.

There are loads of true Blades over and above the 19k derf. People don't go for many reasons, fucking shit performances week in week out,can't afford it,family commitments,shift work.
It saddens me when people play the true Blade big Blade card bullshit.
Everyone supports their club in the way that's right for them at the time.

WAWAW.

There are loads of true Blades over and above the 19k derf. People don't go for many reasons, fucking shit performances week in week out,can't afford it,family commitments,shift work.

WAWAW.
I must be one of the " others " who only turn up for the big games ,
Be fucking lucky to get a ticket for Shrewsbury at home next month then so .

I dont think it is that simple to call some Blades "true" Blades. There are many Blades who went week in week out for years when 10 to 15 k used to turn up, and for what ever reason may not get to the Lane so often now.

There is even a poster on here with the user name Original true Blade!!!

WAWAW.
Tongue in cheek Sean......thought i'd get the bigger blade bit rolling again. Every club is the same. Do well and more will come. Be crap and it's down to the usual attendance.

True " Blades " derf , bit of an insult to our supporters all over the world due to various reasons ( lack of work , and getting my collar felt to many times ) lead to my exile over here .
Plus I won't go into my trips over to Sheffield from early 80's to late 80's matches for 4th and 3rd division games , while living over here , or the kicking I got off pigs in midland station while making one of these trips for proudly wearing my colours ,
Or the fact my Irish born son is a Blade , or is he one of the " others " to .

Back
Top Bottom