Coutts, Flynn, Alcock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
Any word on their fitness yet?

Not featured at all in pre season as far as I know, are their injuries really that bad?
What Coutts really needed was a full pre season, shame for him to have missed every game thus far.

Flynn probably needs one too, his concurrent injuries are his downfall at the minute.

Alcock could just do with the extra training in general.

Coutts played very well in some games but they're just brushed aside.
Barnsley away, Swindon away to name 2.

Admittedly more bad than good, but Clough didn't exactly help him by playing him every game. He wasn't ready for it.

Can't get my head around the defence of Coutts. I base my assessment of him on his performance, which were absolutely atrocious. Hope he's nowhere near the first team ever again.

Adkins may see them as fringe players .always important members of squad until better are found or improved on. you never know they may rediscover there form under new management but do agree they do need to improve but if we have injuries always there to fall back on

Are Coutts and Alcock injured or has Adkin's seen better within the youth set-up?

Don't remember hearing of injuries with either of them?

I like Flynn, I think that when fit, he was one of our better players last season, one of the few that tried to 'make things happen'. Thought he did ok at right back too. He'd probably be first choice on the right mid/wing for me out of the current squad. Scores a few too.

Have to say that I wasn't impressed with what I saw of Coutts. Willing to give him a chance to show us what he can do when he's fit as can accept that last season, he wasn't match fit and was regularly played out of position. I assume he's a centre defensive type mid as he looked out of sorts when played out wide (with JCR sat on the bench I might hasten to add).

I thought Alcock was alright but he'd be 4th choice right back for me behind Brayford (when fit), Freeman and Flynn unless of course one of these, possibly Freeman, replaces Harris on the left - but that's a different thread!

Coutts performed pretty much as expected for a player coming back from 18 months out with a leg injury. The bit I don't understand is why he started pretty much every game when it was patently obvious that he wasn't capable of doing that fitness-wise. Yet another bizarre management decision from Clough: we weren't exactly short of central midfielders!

Flynn's missed much of preseason with his ongoing achilles issue. I think he was playing through the pain at the end of last season which will have exacerbated it.

Coutts performed pretty much as expected for a player coming back from 18 months out with a leg injury. The bit I don't understand is why he started pretty much every game when it was patently obvious that he wasn't capable of doing that fitness-wise. Yet another bizarre management decision from Clough: we weren't exactly short of central midfielders!

Flynn's missed much of preseason with his ongoing achilles issue. I think he was playing through the pain at the end of last season which will have exacerbated it.

Exactly. Which means, for me anyway, that the criticism is unfair.
He showed in spells that he's still got it.

On a consistent basis? Who knows, but a pre season can only help.

Meatloaf was wrong.

Agree. Coutts should never have played as much and definitely not on the wing.

Like Flynn, Villa!!

As for the other 2, if room needs to be made for the wage bill then they'd be straight out. Along with Higdon.

I suspect coutts has an ongoing condition following his serious injuries and his mobility is affected.

In other words he was as match fit as he can get by the end of the season, though fatigue will have played a part.

Players like Coutts don't hare around the pitch, they stroll around and knit things together. He seemed to do most of his work in the centre-circle. There's nothing wrong with that if the team is set up for it but to play that role he really ought to tackle his weight and track back more, but he didn't.

Back
Top Bottom