Could it happen again?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

First time I've seen that much of the game since I saw it back in 1993. Think it might have been the first game I ever watched us on TV too. A few things occurred to me as I watched it:

- how was Hoyland's goal not handball, and why did no Man United player appeal for it?
- why was Bassett in the stand?
- how on earth was one of my favourite players at the time Franz Carr? He had a bloody 'mare on that performance. Missed a sitter before half time, crossed poorly, and wasted opportunities.
- this game still contains my favourite Blades-related Steve Bruce moment.

In my late teens I used to go on the West Terrace and get giddy pretending to be all big and clever, feeling (mistakenly) that you could take on the whole of the away end on your own. This game was one of those occasions when you spent so much time jumping around gesticulating, singing and getting squashed that you felt you could be sick at any moment. It was fairly relentless and you certainly didnt need to go to the gym for a work out afterwards.

*eyes glaze over reminiscing*

- how on earth was one of my favourite players at the time Franz Carr? He had a bloody 'mare on that performance. Missed a sitter before half time, crossed poorly, and wasted opportunities.

A really bad JCR perhaps? Which is slightly unfair on Jammy as he can do really good stuff on his day, but then when he isn't on his day......

First time I've seen that much of the game since I saw it back in 1993. Think it might have been the first game I ever watched us on TV too. A few things occurred to me as I watched it:

- how was Hoyland's goal not handball, and why did no Man United player appeal for it?
- this game still contains my favourite Blades-related Steve Bruce moment.

Anoter point is why was the pen not retaken? Gayle was cleary in the area when Bruce shot (on the other hand, had Bruce scored, it should have been retaken given that the ball was not on the spot).

Bassett usually watched matches from the directors box until the last 10 minutes when he will then make his way to the dugout. On rare occassions in the 1st half he would leave his usual seat in the directors box and go to the dugout to give instructions to his backroom staff before returning to his seat in the directors box

Back
Top Bottom