Connor Brown

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Webding

Reaction score
How stupid can you be? Does nobody warn them about this stuff? Does he have no common sense?

Yes, I realise that emotions would have been running high last night, but the last thing the club needs is its staff openly supporting a convicted rapist while slagging off his victim.

I'm surprised Pemberton hasn't already banned them all from twitter anyway. Maybe Nandos give United some cash on each mention?

Maybe stupid ,but maybe he knows much more about what happened than you or I. Seeing a good friend get sent away for 5 years unjustly in his eyes is a very emotional occurence and maybe the need to express his feelings and support is more important to him than what others think.

It was a public trial, so where is this stuff about "people knowing a lot more" coming from? Surely anything relevant would have been brought up in court, then subsequently reported on, if significant?

Regardless, it's one thing to express feelings, and another to call someone a slag in front of a potential audience of millions. We've all done stupid things, but the club should have warned the players against this sort of thing.

It couldnt be brought up in court ,because our ridiculous legal system ,from what darren told us.

What did he say? He's locked his tweets. I notice Mendez-Laing was sticking up for him as well. Somebody called him "bad", so he said "standing by a friend isn't bad". Maybe they don't think their friend is capable of something this bad.

What did he say? He's locked his tweets. I notice Mendez-Laing was sticking up for him as well. Somebody called him "bad", so he said "standing by a friend isn't bad". Maybe they don't think their friend is capable of something this bad.

Check the evans case page 76, daily mail jumped on it. It wasn't just these two, several pros lashed out too.

Maybe stupid ,but maybe he knows much more about what happened than you or I. Seeing a good friend get sent away for 5 years unjustly in his eyes is a very emotional occurence and maybe the need to express his feelings and support is more important to him than what others think.

Maybe he should have just written him a letter.

Just when you thought the club's image couldn't be dragged any lower....
If Connor Brown wants to stand by Ched, I guess that's up to him. But to post comments like that on a Twitter page plastered with people wearing red & white shirts.... :rolleyes:

Just when you thought the club's image couldn't be dragged any lower....
If Connor Brown wants to stand by Ched, I guess that's up to him. But to post comments like that on a Twitter page plastered with people wearing red & white shirts.... :rolleyes:

Exactly my thoughts.......

Let's have a sweepstake now of how long it will take for someone (i.e. pig) to photoshop our kit with a "different" sponsor name ???

Im not condoning it, but some of the vitriol being spouted about Ched is far more vile, this is a young lad standing up for a mate.

sadly twitter allows people to express feelings uncensored. Isn't this what people keep pushing for? Freedom of speech!

Ched will have been idolised by many of the young blades players. Let's hope that the club sit every single player down and try to ensure that cheds case is used to open their eyes to what could easily happen to them too if they are taking the risks that ched and macdonald did.

Another thing that is really annoying me is the photo of Evans that is being bandied about, looking like a extra from a Hollywood psycho redneck film. Its a clear 'most sex-case pic we can find' use of media exploitation since Myra Hindley.

Another thing that is really annoying me is the photo of Evans that is being bandied about, looking like a extra from a Hollywood psycho redneck film. Its a clear 'most sex-case pic we can find' use of media exploitation since Myra Hindley.
Wasn't that the pic taken in the Police station... I don't suppose they have David Bailey, Lighting rigs and a make up artist to make them look like they're in GQ....

Wasn't that the pic taken in the Police station... I don't suppose they have David Bailey, Lighting rigs and a make up artist to make them look like they're in GQ....
its very much media friendly though - must be 1000 pics of ched available to use?

its very much media friendly though - must be 1000 pics of ched available to use?

But on this occasion its the most appropriate... considering this was from his arrest.

I'd be more pissed off the other way round - if they used his mugshot in our match report! :)

Find it starlting that people are defending are saying they understand Brown's actions. He is an empoyee of SUFC and needs to behave like one.

To go on twitter and say such things in a public forum is just head shaking. Yes the verdict may rankle with many and a lot may not seem to think it makes sense but a jury found him guilty. We may not like the British legal system but unfortunately we have to accept it.

Evans is no longer an employee of ours and unfortunately Mr Brown may also be no longer an employee of SUFC next week aswell.

I am again amazed that fans are defending the actions of a guy openly criticisng a victim of rape (alebit according to UK Law)

Just my opinion.

I am again amazed that fans are defending the actions of a guy openly criticisng a victim of rape (alebit according to UK Law)

Just my opinion.

And what if she's actually a filthy druggy slag who lied to the police, lied in court, ruined a man's career and potentially put a football season's worth of work into the toilet?

Find it starlting that people are defending are saying they understand Brown's actions. He is an empoyee of SUFC and needs to behave like one.

To go on twitter and say such things in a public forum is just head shaking. Yes the verdict may rankle with many and a lot may not seem to think it makes sense but a jury found him guilty. We may not like the British legal system but unfortunately we have to accept it.

Evans is no longer an employee of ours and unfortunately Mr Brown may also be no longer an employee of SUFC next week aswell.

Just my opinion.

Evans is still an employee of the club, they made a statement saying they wouldn't be making a decision before they'd had time to consider what had gone off.

Even so, I think Brown made the comments as Ched's friend, not his colleague.

He could have been a little smarter in what he said. I think Mendez Laing was a lot more diplomatic but if I'd gone down for something and maintained that I was innocent I'd be grateful that I had the support and belief of my colleagues and friends.

Not sure slagging the alleged victim off was the best move though.

.....but a jury has found him guily. All 12. Maybe they did get it wrong. Maybe he is innocent.

However, they have decided she was not one of the above things and have had 10 days a lot more than the bits and pieces we have seen in the press to go on. They were in court for 10 days was it for 3 or 4 hours each day and had countless witnesses, CCTV, questioning of all parties, police statments etc and will have been given an absolute ton of evidence much of which we will have no idea and never will have any idea what it was.

All of that jury were in a far, far, far better position to make a decision than any of us on here who are using bits and pieces to guess certain things. I am sure we ca agree on that?

United need to do the right thing and terminate his contract I am afraid. He cannot fulfill his terms of employment and we cannot be associated with an employee who is not by UK law a rapist, whether we like it or not.

He may appeal but lets be honest I am unsure how that will change anything. If there was any evidence to present for the defence it will have been presented. Of course any appeal is going to take months (prob up to a year) and by the time anything does come to fruition his United contract will have ended at the end of June anyway.

His United career is over and I think we need to move on. Its been a sorry affair and as a club we have done nothing wrong. We need to continue to show some class in making the right decision in the next few days.

Again just my opinion.

It wouldn't be the first time a jury has got it wrong. It just doesn't add up. Ched was stupid getting involved but I still cannot accept a verdict of rape was fair given the facts that have been reported. And the info that is already coming out about the alleged victim suggests she isn't the innocent girl next door the media portrayed her as.

Ched was a hero 48 hours ago and I'm not going to start slagging him off on the basis of a verdict I regard as shocking and a travesty.

And for those saying they don't want to go to the matches anymore........... or they don't know what to say to their kids..........or that Ched's goals should be wiped off...............get a f'kin grip.

Thanks for the great moments this season Ched. UTB

The thing is; the facts that have been reported are nowhere near everything that was said, reported, shown in a courtrrom for 10 full days. I am unsure how we all seem to know all the facts unless any of us are in the courtroom. Yes, the jury may have got it wrong. Only Evans and the girl involved know the truth.

However, I am unsure how we can calll the verdict a travesty unless they were able to know the same as the jury.

Maybe the truth may come out as being different to the decision made eventually but at the moment we have to accept the decision and move on as a club. If Evans appeals that is up for him but the club has no choice. Anything but a termination of his contract and we will be villified as a club.

The comment about now knowing what to say to their kids and to get a grip is another startling comment. As I saw a another foum a young boy was in tears as his Dad rightly said his son shouldnt wear his 9 Evans shirt today. Not exactly the nices thing for a Dad to have to go through in telling him why he should not wear it.

Most people who are Blades have behaved with real class in this whole mess but surprised and disappointed with a few on some forums and comments I have heard. Maybe that makes me a sanctimonious so and so but I do believe the longer this drags on the worse it will get. United need to act swiftly on Monday morning in terms of doing the right thing; get the whole staff tooegther and speak to them (after some of the ridiculous outbursts etc) first thing and get them focused on what they have to do as professionals.

Going back to the football, the next 2 weeks is the most mportant in United's recent history. If we fail to get promotion we could be stuck in this division for many years. We have to beat Stevenage and Exeter for god sake. If we cant do that we dont deserve to get promoted.

United need to act swiftly on Monday morning in terms of doing the right thing; get the whole staff tooegther and speak to them (after some of the ridiculous outbursts etc) first thing and get them focused on what they have to do as professionals.

I do think SUFC are doing the right thing by not jumping to a hasty decision, as a club we will be vilified from some quarters no matter what we do. Far better to take the approach that they have than make a knee jerk reaction. All angles need to be considered, one being a possible appeal which will need to be lodged quickly. Ched's days at United are over will publicly kicking him while he is down make us look any better than just letting his contract run out ?
As it stands SUFC have done nothing wrong and to suggest that they have (yes I have seen posts saying SUFC should apologise to the girl) is frankly unbelievable.

Just a interesting aside...if you or anyone had been convicted of rape and sent to prison would your company/business keep you on?

I think we all know the answer to this. Unsure why a football club should be any different.

Sadly United have to do the right thing and terminate his contract. We may not like the decision, we may not think it is right (although unsure how people know one way or the other when they were not in court for 10 days) but a decision has been made based on the UK legal system. As it stands he is guilty of rape and is currently imprisoned and cannot fulfill his contract/employment of which he has breached anyway so he simply cannot and should not work for us.

If he appealed and it was overturned it is going to be 10-12 months down the line. As those in the legal profession will surely testify this is not something that is going to be changed overnight or even in a fe weeks. Can United honestly keep him on/extend his contract? No.

United have behaved in the right manner so far but I am not sure terminating a contract of an employee who has been sent to prison for 5 years for rape is a hasty decision. It seems a no brainer to me. Again just my opinion.

On BBC Radio Sheffield, in the pre-match build-up, I thought Keith Edwards sounded a bit emotional when talking about Ched. I got the feeling he was not happy with the verdict, and would have liked to say more, but of course he had to choose hi swords carefully.

Just a interesting aside...if you or anyone had been convicted of rape and sent to prison would your company/business keep you on?

I think we all know the answer to this. Unsure why a football club should be any different.

Sadly United have to do the right thing and terminate his contract. We may not like the decision, we may not think it is right (although unsure how people know one way or the other when they were not in court for 10 days) but a decision has been made based on the UK legal system. As it stands he is guilty of rape and is currently imprisoned and cannot fulfill his contract/employment of which he has breached anyway so he simply cannot and should not work for us.

If he appealed and it was overturned it is going to be 10-12 months down the line. As those in the legal profession will surely testify this is not something that is going to be changed overnight or even in a fe weeks. Can United honestly keep him on/extend his contract? No.

United have behaved in the right manner so far but I am not sure terminating a contract of an employee who has been sent to prison for 5 years for rape is a hasty decision. It seems a no brainer to me. Again just my opinion.

I think you're in a minority on here Deadbat. A lot of people feel that the jury got it badly wrong.

I too think from what was reported and seen it was a shock decision and one that on the face of it seems odd BUT I and none of the rest of us were in court for 10 days and did not have the masses if imformation the jury had.

I had the same snippets eveyone else had and did not see and hear everything. I am amazed everyone seems to be an expert on law and convinced the jury got it wrong when they were not in court. The fact is 12 people found him guilty and they had far more information to go on. Maybe they did get it wrong but they had a lot more information to make a decision than any of us.

Maybe not, but it is barely 24 hours ago since the conviction.............. a conviction which to many even people with no connection or affiliation to SUFC seems to be shall we say a little bit dodgy

There's a lot of stuff going around at the moment, a number of rumors and a few campaigns on Twitter seemingly picked up by a number of local welsh... as well as some Blades.

Can I remind people that it's a very sensitive situation and any rumours posted could get both the poster and us as admins in a lot of hot water, so please continue to post sensibly and constructively!

Back
Top Bottom