coming home

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blade too long

weve come home
Reaction score
so back for 6 days and my treat was getting to see the blades take on Wigan
having been told by many you dont see what shit we watch , I got to see what the problem was
put simply
the players
just arent good enough, I felt before I came we needed 2 to spark us into life
when you see us play a player like Wigan are in this game its as plain as the nose on your face we have players incapable of reaching goals , falling short of whats a minimum requirement to compete
coutts
hammond
sammon
baxter
mceverley
collins
flatter to deceive, on paper have the attributes , but dont take it on the grass

head to head with the wigan lads they came out second in most challenges

its not adkins or mccabe or the prince
its the players who just arent good enough
simples
I came away realising we need nearer 4 to 5 to compete , gutting
its good to step away and come back and get some clarity , no wonder Adkins hasnt rushed to waste money this season , but can clear out and go for it next season

If only Clough had been given a second chance????
Now also while Baxter is not consistent enough, the point where he slowed and looked for someone to be making a move said it all to me. Bag of passionless snakes.
Oh and also did anone notice Adams when we were on attack it broke down and our nearest said player could not be bothered to chase until they had the ball? Or can that boy do no wrong?

Now also while Baxter is not consistent enough, the point where he slowed and looked for someone to be making a move said it all to me. Bag of passionless snakes.
Oh and also did anone notice Adams when we were on attack it broke down and our nearest said player could not be bothered to chase until they had the ball? Or can that boy do no wrong?
adams is supposed to be learning from these pros
not his fault its bad habits

having been told by many you dont see what shit we watch , I got to see what the problem was
put simply
the players
when you see us play a player like Wigan are in this game its as plain as the nose on your face we have players incapable of reaching goals , falling short of whats a minimum requirement to compete
coutts
hammond
sammon
baxter
mceverley
collins
flatter to deceive, on paper have the attributes , but dont take it on the grass

simples
its good to step away and come back and get some clarity , no wonder Adkins hasnt rushed to waste money this season , but can clear out and go for it next season

So... We aren't good enough.
The players aren't good enough?

We've been saying this for a long, long time while you shouted us down and said if only the fans believed a bit more we could make the top 2.

put simply
the players
coutts
hammond
sammon
baxter
mceverley
collins

simples
Tad unfair on a couple of players I think. I thought Collins and Mceverley played fine on Saturday, JMac played very well in fact. I agree that they aren't good enough looking at the bigger picture, but they weren't the problem against Wigan for me.

Same here .....I hadn't been to the Lane for a while before the Wigan match but I get it now.

I feel very sorry for the regulars, things have definitely got a lot worse. The comments on here and BM are spot on.

Jmac for me was our best player, but because it was him he won't get the credit, the biggest problem I had with him was offensively, only once was he an attacking outlet, there was always bags of space in front of him but rarely did he push on, under orders? The one occasion he did he created havoc and came very close to scoring, in fact I thought he had, in front of him on Saturday he had che, maybe this was the reason jmac felt he had to hold back, couldn't riskit maybe

Yes Im sure Billy who had run all day really appreciated perpetually static Baxter waving his arms about at him like Ronaldo. Great for team sprit seeing the biggest wanker kicking off lke that ,Sharp should smack him ,its what show ponies like him know.

Tad unfair on a couple of players I think. I thought Collins and Mceverley played fine on Saturday, JMac played very well in fact. I agree that they aren't good enough looking at the bigger picture, but they weren't the problem against Wigan for me.
they were adequate , but compared to what Wigan had come out short , this is the problem ,
we need better, than the opposition has , we havent got it

put simply
the players
coutts
hammond
sammon
baxter
mceverley
collins

simples

Ah, the penny drops

Ah, the penny drops
Unconvinced. A draw at Donny will see something along the lines of good point,,,away at local rival,,,always difficult,,,,rot stopped just need to go on a nice run now,,,,,can easily win 12 of the last 16,,,,,,,bet *insert rival D1 side above us/global football behemoth who have lost * would have settled for a point today,,,,

Hope so anyway, I'd miss him if he were cured.

Yes Im sure Billy who had run all day really appreciated perpetually static Baxter waving his arms about at him like Ronaldo. Great for team sprit seeing the biggest wanker kicking off lke that ,Sharp should smack him ,its what show ponies like him know.
Pick the worst player in a United shirt ever anyone but you will never beat the above opinion.
On another note. How is your back?

JMac still gave the ball away a couple of times though in the 2nd half,it's just that they didn't result in goals...once for when George tipped over from Mcaleny and another time when the big black lad got through on the right hand channel...both on another day could have been costly...Not knocking JMac,and to be fair they all make mistakes,but if they'd scored he would have been slated.

no , , think they have deteriorated through lack of belief
they individually might do better in other teams , but as a group they just arent gelling
the promotion cake we were baking has the wrong ingredients

Nope, we haven't deteriorated.
We've been like this all season.

Pick the worst player in a United shirt ever anyone but you will never beat the above opinion.
On another note. How is your back?
Not good mate ,still not been diagnosed but looking like an infection in my spinal chord ,waiting for a spinal tap . Cant get out really Wigan knocked me back so looks like im going to have to give Donny a miss :(

Nope, we haven't deteriorated.
We've been like this all season.
after the gillingham debacle adkins got it over to them how to play to win
and for a while it gelled and we played well, they have either forgotten or ignored what they did in those games

to go up you need consistancy and thats what some of our players dont have
2 prime examples are Sammon and Baxter, on any given day they possess the ability to cause the opposition a lot of problems
now for what ever reason they just dont seem to do it on any given saturday
Baxter was head hunted as a youngster by Everton , had unbelievable talent , but was released
why , they saw he lacked the desire , the drive, he had the gift of talent , but thats useless without the drive
thats what we see , occasional talent , but zero desire, zero ambition
hes settled for getting payed for 3 hours work a week

I wish you would stop pulling your punches and say what you really think :D ( mind you Billy is the wrong side of 30 now :p). Get well soon.

I do think (Sharp excepted) our midfield and forwards spent their entire childhood playing statues and hide and seek though. Their (lack of) movement is truly awful at times. "Looking forward" to coming home in March for the Crewe, Walsall and Gillingham games, .... I think :rolleyes:

Every cloud and all that Sitters.

Get the setee sorted, turn the fire up, wife on tea/coffee duty, Final Score on mute to watch the teleprinter and your favourite Take That CD. Sorted.
If ever there was an incentive to get better :) Also not being able to sit or lay down for more than 10 minutes is a major flaw. Think Ive got Baxteritis

Adams is a has been who never was.

after the gillingham debacle adkins got it over to them how to play to win
and for a while it gelled and we played well, they have either forgotten or ignored what they did in those games

to go up you need consistancy and thats what some of our players dont have
2 prime examples are Sammon and Baxter, on any given day they possess the ability to cause the opposition a lot of problems
now for what ever reason they just dont seem to do it on any given saturday
Baxter was head hunted as a youngster by Everton , had unbelievable talent , but was released
why , they saw he lacked the desire , the drive, he had the gift of talent , but thats useless without the drive
thats what we see , occasional talent , but zero desire, zero ambition
hes settled for getting payed for 3 hours work a week

We've had one month where we consistently ground out some results.
That's one month from an entire season. And even then we got a bit lucky while playing awfully against Coventry.

I can count on half the fingers of one hand the times we have played well this season. And one of those was Peterborough, which should only be half a finger.

We've been poor pretty much all season, as anyone who has watched us all season will concur with.

This is why the likes of me (and many others) have been really concerned and got more concerned as the season went on as you were calling us negative and banging on about reaching the top 2.

The season has panned out exactly how we said it would.

This stems from the very top, the tje non existent backing given to the manager. Alongside gambles that haven't paid off on cack like Connor Sammon.

Back
Top Bottom