Collins

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It seems to be club policy not to reveal injury, and general availability, information ahead of games - as mentioned I the interview thread.

I think we'll have to wait and see.

It seems to be club policy not to reveal injury, and general availability, information ahead of games - as mentioned I the interview thread.

I think we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, Nigel was VERY cagey during the interview. No way of telling one way or the other (or anywhere in between...) from what he said.

Positive Nigel = Poker Face Nigel.

I think Collins maybe in the team today. Akdins was that cagey he would not say yes or no to him being available.

Adkins:

Sheffield United manager Nigel Adkins last night welcomed Craig Alcock’s return from injury as his team prepares to renew its rivalry with Swindon Town, writes James Shield.

Alcock made his first senior appearance since May’s League One play-off semi-final, which ended 7-6 in the Wiltshire club’s favour, against Fulham in midweek and, with Kieran Wallace serving a one match ban, could be set to start this afternoon’s match at the County Ground.

“Craig is a good footballer,” Adkins said. “He’s been out for a period of time which you could see down there in London but’s he’s a good, valuable option for us. And, potentially, a very timely one too.”
"

A chance for Wallace to start ... And no sign of him. Injured again?

I worry about that central midfield.

a really sensible policy as well, but I've stopped listening the pre-match interviews now, can't see the point ;)

Glad to see Collins in the lineup, we need someone capable of matching Michael Smith's strength and aerial presence

I think its fair to say, given the season long exile of Collins following the capitulation at the county ground this time last year (ish),
that Collins has won that little argument...

Collins as Hero!

Got to give serious credit to someone who fights back from big adversity in the way he's done.
And that's exactly what he said he would do. Never threw in the towel, said he loves the club and loves it in Sheffield and would work hard and fight to get back in the team.

Well done Neill. I think this episode has now reached a very satisfactory conclusion for all concerned.

Really pleased Collins back in the mix, always good for a goal or two and has the experience we lacked last season?Clough was an arse , Adkins is a breath of fresh air, 25k will be the average crowd at BDTBL and the nightmare that is Div 3 will soon be over.

Well done Clough.....you've made our Collo go into every game thinking "Fuck you fat face" and it's worked a treat.

My doubts in defence were all due to not thinking Collins wouldn't be fit today so we'd have an unsettled defence. At 2 o clock today he was announced in the team and my fears eased. Admittedly I didn't think we'd beat them, but I thought we'd enough about us to get a draw.

How wrong was I. They just keep proving me wrong.

I think a word is due for J-Mac. Many feared Byrne would tie hm in knots. I think McEveley won that little argument. Good on him. He's far removed from the liability his detractors suggest. A good pro and very well done to him.
Not his biggest fan but fair play to him. He's earned his place in the team.

I think a word is due for J-Mac. Many feared Byrne would tie hm in knots. I think McEveley won that little argument. Good on him. He's far removed from the liability his detractors suggest. A good pro and very well done to him.

Pinchy - he WAS a liability at CH because he isn't one - a half decent stand in.
He is a left full back - one that apart from a few games at the beginning of last season, no one has seen much of.

The detractors (as you call them) generally expressed an opinion (and justified for me) at centre half, where he doesn't look as comfortable as in his square peg square hole position of full back.

but, yes, well done to him and the defence in total. It is strange that a new CH, coupled with some organisation can make a world of difference - just what the detractors have called for, for 12 months.

UTB

Really pleased Collins back in the mix, always good for a goal or two and has the experience we lacked last season?Clough was an arse , Adkins is a breath of fresh air, 25k will be the average crowd at BDTBL and the nightmare that is Div 3 will soon be over.

Pleased for all the players , manager ,club and fans . All are pulling in the right direction. Very Very early days , and a long way to go , but the signs look good and feel promising .

Some players need to be loved , have a arm around them , some need a kick up the arse now and again . Think they call it man management.

Lets hope the light at the end of the tunnel gets bigger and bigger , and like you say , the end of Div 3 nightmare.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom