Club Shop

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

wimbledon blade

Reaction score
I was just wondering what folks' experience of the club shop is like.

I've been in twice this week, spent over £100, and made to feel like I'm about to nick. Maybe my London accent doesn't help (please don't judge me, I've been down there 35 years), but who knows ?

Maybe they're under stress, what with all that expensive adidas kit, but I don't know.

Also the security standing in front of the mirror while I tried to see if something fitted was challenging.

The lady behind the till who disappeared to check if I had a valid season ticket and wasnt trying to get away with a whopping £4.50 discount. She did apologise for my wait, so fair dues.

Must just be you. :)

I've never had a problem in the Club Shop although i've never remembered my season ticket for the discount and the staff are, well, less than welcoming normally preferring to continue their own conversation rather than engage with the customer, but that seems to be the norm in bigger shops.

Never even noticed any security there before.

I had a chat with a lady who works there while visiting last night who was helpful and attentive, she also liked my 'While she sleeps' T-shirt.
There do seem to be a lot of staff for such a cosy sized store though.

Yeah, usually it's great service. It was mid-afternoon, so there were more staff than customers, hence they were having their own little chats.
It must get boring when it's quiet, especially with Sky Sports News turned down (how many times can you watch same non-event 'news' anyway). And to be fair to the till staff, they've probably had folk try it on with old season cards, I guess it all adds up ...

Is there ought worth buying? Its always just full of tatt whenever I go but thats usually Xmas so I guess anything half decent will have gon eby then

Memries of the souvenir shop....

I preferred it when all the stuff was behind a counter and that old lady used to serve...

Memries of the souvenir shop....

I preferred it when all the stuff was behind a counter and that old lady used to serve...

and it was on Cherry Street and all the stock was a wool scarf, a silk scarf, a badge and a mug (as in large cup rather than someone who believes every transfer we do is great business)..

and it was on Cherry Street and all the stock was a wool scarf, a silk scarf, a badge and a mug (as in large cup rather than someone who believes every transfer we do is great business)..

It moved to the South Stand in 1981, but the old lady (what was her name?) was a perennial. She worked there throughout the 80's anmd always seemed to be aroun 85.

It moved to the South Stand in 1981, but the old lady (what was her name?) was a perennial. She worked there throughout the 80's anmd always seemed to be aroun 85.
Mrs Sprintall (Brenda)? Was always helpful when getting programmes sent - though corresponded by post felt like you were really important to the club - might still have some of her hand written replies stashed away somewhere ☺

Mrs Sprintall (Brenda)? Was always helpful when getting programmes sent - though corresponded by post felt like you were really important to the club - might still have some of her hand written replies stashed away somewhere ☺

That's her. She was great.

Is there ought worth buying? Its always just full of tatt whenever I go but thats usually Xmas so I guess anything half decent will have gon eby then
Not really.

The home shirt is decent but apart from that, the Adidas stuff is pretty crap. Looks like they've got a fair bit of non-Macron stuff left from last season, even that is better than the Adidas stuff.

Have to say, I'm very disappointed with the casual/training wear. The quality is awful.

Back
Top Bottom