Cloughs Friday Thoughts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HeCanDoMagic

Reaction score
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 6m6 minutes ago
#sufc boss NC says he'll make a 2nd approach for #nffc striker Dexter Blackstock.

0 replies5 retweets3 favorites
Retweet5
Favorite3
More
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 7m7 minutes ago
#sufc boss NC says Paddy McCarthy returns from suspension to an othwise unchanged squad.

0 replies2 retweets1 favorite
Retweet2
Favorite1
More
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 8m8 minutes ago
#sufc boss NC dismisses speculation linking them with Nicky Maynard.

0 replies5 retweets1 favorite
Retweet5
Favorite1
More
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 9m9 minutes ago
#sufc boss NC says search for a loan striker will go into next week. All targets will be involved with parent clubs this weekend.

Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 6m6 minutes ago
#sufc JP: "It was going to be too costly to the long term interests of the club to continue on this path."

0 replies0 retweets1 favorite
Retweet
Favorite1
More
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 8m8 minutes ago
#sufc co-chair JP cites the "divisions" the Ched Evans issue has caused was a major factor in retracting the offer to let him train.

0 replies3 retweets2 favorites
Retweet3
Favorite2
More
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 11m11 minutes ago
#sufc co chair JP has rejected suggestions that the decision to not train with Ched Evans was about "money."

0 replies1 retweet1 favorite
Retweet1
Favorite1
More
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 12m12 minutes ago
#sufc co-chair JP says comments made by celebrities only "exacerbated" the Ched Evans issue.

0 replies5 retweets3 favorites
Retweet5
Favorite3
More
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 14m14 minutes ago
#sufc co-chair @JamesDPhipps tells me that to not take Ched Evans back would have been the "cowards way out".

Where are they looking? Could someone please point me in the direction of where they're actually looking for a flaming striker?
You mean apart from Blackstock,David and O'Grady ?. Any ideas on who else he can approach who would come.

Madine might be available from the pigs:D

You mean apart from Blackstock,David and O'Grady ?. Any ideas on who else he can approach who would come.

Madine might be available from the pigs:D
When you look for long enough,and in the right places,surely there must be one they can get.And who the fuck is David:D

Why not Nicky Maynard.. is it just me that would think he'd be a perfect signing at this level...

I signed him on FIFA and he got me 25 goals in League 1 then 30 goals in the Championship.

Just saying.... :)

When you look for long enough,and in the right places,surely there must be one they can get.And who the fuck is David:D

They have looked in Blackpool, Brighton and Nottingham for sure, together with plenty of others we don't know about. We have settled on COG (my preference) or Blackstock. We are now working on bringing one or the other in but can't right now for reasons beyond our control.

Should we bring in someone shite just to say 'we've got one'? Of course not. We'll capture someone who will make a difference before deadline I'm sure.

They have looked in Blackpool, Brighton and Nottingham for sure, together with plenty of others we don't know about. We have settled on COG (my preference) or Blackstock. We are now working on bringing one or the other in but can't right now for reasons beyond our control.

Should we bring in someone shite just to say 'we've got one'? Of course not. We'll capture someone who will make a difference before deadline I'm sure.
Hope you're right mate.I wouldn't mind if he played the ones he's got when they're fit but he doesn't.As you know from the pre season threads,i like COG,i just don't think we're willing to go that extra yard to get our man,who ever that may be.

Che Adams might be worth putting on the bench, and using as a sub if we are chasing the game. He's got to be better option than Porter.

And don't forget we have two strikers returning from injury who both appeared to be finding some form before fate intervened.

Agree . From a political and PR aspect , to overcome the issue we have just been through , it would not surprise me if the Blades signed both COG and Blackstock . As we all know , we never do thing by halves , and the fax machine working again .

UTB

Blackstock 76 goals in 286 games

O'Grady 81 in 349

Thought we wanted a new striker?

Baxter 27 in 111. ( mostly from midfield). :):confused:

Blackstock 76 goals in 286 games

O'Grady 81 in 349

Thought we wanted a new striker?

Baxter 27 in 111. ( mostly from midfield). :):confused:

It's true, I can't see the clamour for O'Grady myself. However, Blackstock is a definite worthwhile signing. Yes, his record isn't phenominal, but it must be considered that all those games are at a higher level and the fact has PACE makes his definitely worth a punt IMO.

O'Grady is not slow. He is also powerful, mobile, has a decent touch and never gives defenders a rest.

He may not score big numbers (though 15 in a shit Barnsley team a league above ain't bad!) but his presence would ensure the team scored more and that's what really matters.

COG for me.

It can only go onto Thurs next week as that is when the loan window shuts. Given that they've failed to recruit one since the original Evans issue 2.5 years ago, you'd be forgiven for doubting that one will arrive in the next 6 days.

I was tempted to say that if we actually do sign a striker(s) on loan before the deadline, I will show my arse in Marks & Spencers window. However, the wife would kill me so I must retract my threat.
My scepticism remains ........ promotion on the cheap is the plan ..... as usual !!
UTB & FTP

Che Adams might be worth putting on the bench, and using as a sub if we are chasing the game. He's got to be better option than Porter.

And don't forget we have two strikers returning from injury who both appeared to be finding some form before fate intervened.

But don't forget we needed at least one striker when those two WERE fit !!
UTB & FTP

Back
Top Bottom