Clough's cronies

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

zablade

Reaction score
If you ever needed evidence that you don't get to play for Nigel Clough unless your face fits then today was it.

Game changing players sat on the bench, better players than what were out there sent out on loan, and can All be summed up by two players the none flying winger Ben Davies and the absolute Donkey that is Paul Coutts again seeing out 90 minutes.

Shocking management

was just about to ask a similar question
is Done injured? Collins gone.. Butler gone. .JCR loaned out (that took the biscuit) i'm a bit out of it over here.. perhaps someone could explain what is going on.. have we ever started with the same 11 ?? million pound full back at centre half as a result. eh??

Adams should have been on when Flynn had to come off, but instead we went for the conservative option in Ben Davies who was awful, When we did bring a striker one in Done we took the only other striker off !

The crowning glory of poor decisions today was bringing Baxter off for Doyle?? Inexplicable.

And the OP is correct in his description of Coutts, one of the worst central midfielders we have had since the days of Jonathan Hunt

I can't believe anyone who is serious about trying to win a game changes an attacking midfielder for a defensive one, Clough has lost the plot if he ever had one.

Doyle on for Baxter was a ridiculous change!I haven't been Jose number one fan this season but needed him on for the full 90 minutes today, or is a fitness issue, sorry old habits die hard.Hopefully when Cloughie goes to pastures new he will take the likes of Davies, Davies, Cuthbert Dibble and Grub!

How is he getting away with this is so transparent - all the Derby fans said this would happen - he has favourites and has to get them on the pitch.

I do not see what coutts brings - I reckon he could play all season and never get a goal !

All very disappointing

Doyle on for Baxter was a ridiculous change!I haven't been Jose number one fan this season but needed him on for the full 90 minutes today, or is a fitness issue, sorry old habits die hard.Hopefully when Cloughie goes to pastures new he will take the likes of Davies, Davies, Cuthbert Dibble and Grub!
Apparantly he was injured as was Flynn

Has Che Adams joined Collins, Brandy, Diego, McNulty, Porter (yes, top scorer last season), Butler, Campbell-Rice and possibly Scouggs on Clough's persona non grata list?
Go on then I'll bite ,which 9 players would you have left out today for Adams ,Collins ,Brandy Diego ,McNulty ,Porter, Butler ,JCR and Scougall ?

So you would have carried on with Baxter who hadn't moved in 20 minutes ,was clearly knackered (apparently injured) ,talk sense.

knackered ;)
bring Adams on .. roll the dice by playing two.. yes two up at home..
ooh controversial.. sorry foxy

So you would have carried on with Baxter who hadn't moved in 20 minutes ,was clearly knackered (apparently injured) ,talk sense.

No problem with bringing him off, but why bring Doyle on?

Why not bring on more attacking options like McNulty or Adams? We were playing Crewe at home FFS! If can't make attacking substitutions against them, when can you?

So if Baxter was injured are you saying we didn't have any other option on the bench bearing in mind we are wanting to go for a winner ? Maybe Negative Nigel was trying to protect the point, at least that is the only reason I can think of for such a negative substitution.

Go on then I'll bite ,which 9 players would you have left out today for Adams ,Collins ,Brandy Diego ,McNulty ,Porter, Butler ,JCR and Scougall ?

Bit naughty there, Sitters. My list didn't mean a wholesale scrapping of today's team. What we're talking about is a worrying trend that has gone on for months. Let's take J C-R. Admittedly not the best, but not the worst. His crosses were often driven low and hard but there was nobody near the opposition area let alone looking to get on the end of it. Finally, we get a 'fox in the box' - Done. He comes in and the obvious source of crosses he could have benefitted from goes out. Done. Gets off to a flyer and now bench warming with no possible explanation (apart the really tiresome 'carrying a knock', 'feeling his calf' bollocks). Adams. Scores two against fucking TOTTENHAM and has barely had a sniff since. McNulty. Again, not the best but getting a few then he blots his copybook on a night out and is being humiliated on the naughty step. The much-maligned Porter. Top scorer last season but obviously couldn't expect to hold on to his place with the mercurial Higdon.

A pattern is emerging about Clough's way of 'handling' certain players and it's worrying.

Flynn injury - ankle
Baxter - ankle/ knackered
Davies - several knocks

No problem with bringing him off, but why bring Doyle on?

Why not bring on more attacking options like McNulty or Adams? We were playing Crewe at home FFS! If can't make attacking substitutions against them, when can you?
About 14 yrs ago Colin had the team shielding a 1 0 lead at home to Crewe, with Ndlovu shielding the ball by the corner flag with 15 minutes left.
History repeating..with the problem that 1. We won Colin`s game.
2. Colin was manager of a 2nd division team, Clough manager of an average third division team.

Flynn injury - ankle
Baxter - ankle/ knackered
Davies - several knocks
Flynn has a perpetual injury problem and always plays.. apparently he is a world beater when i don't go.. never seen it myself.. he was ok at RB once

So if Baxter was injured are you saying we didn't have any other option on the bench bearing in mind we are wanting to go for a winner ? Maybe Negative Nigel was trying to protect the point, at least that is the only reason I can think of for such a negative substitution.
Bit naughty there, Sitters. My list didn't mean a wholesale scrapping of today's team. What we're talking about is a worrying trend that has gone on for months. Let's take J C-R. Admittedly not the best, but not the worst. His crosses were often driven low and hard but there was nobody near the opposition area let alone looking to get on the end of it. Finally, we get a 'fox in the box' - Done. He comes in and the obvious source of crosses he could have benefitted from goes out. Done. Gets off to a flyer and now bench warming with no possible explanation (apart the really tiresome 'carrying a knock', 'feeling his calf' bollocks). Adams. Scores two against fucking TOTTENHAM and has barely had a sniff since. McNulty. Again, not the best but getting a few then he blots his copybook on a night out and is being humiliated on the naughty step. The much-maligned Porter. Top scorer last season but obviously couldn't expect to hold on to his place with the mercurial Higdon.

A pattern is emerging about Clough's way of 'handling' certain players and it's worrying.
Done will be much more valuable away from home ,Adams in my opinion isn't up to it yet ,unless we are on top in a game. We didn't back Davies up enough today ,only Flynn looked for anything off him ,Murphy ,Holt ,Baxter and Coutts didn't put enough in for me ,either physically or mentally ,as individuals they were disappointing. We have to leave JCR out of it atm although I would love to see him back.

not to mention Butler, Collins and Diego.. what happened to Scouggs.. Reed will be next..

But I did mention them in Post #10. ;) I'll give you Reed, though. Another Diego in the making. Scougall. Don't know if you heard Clough on FH last night? After saying that Howard was 'definitely out' with a mysterious back injury :rolleyes: he said 'Jay McEveley was improving'. 'Scougall is getting there.' No 'Stefan'. The way he spat out 'Scougall' suggests they'd better budge up on the naughty step.

Flynn has a perpetual injury problem and always plays.. apparently he is a world beater when i don't go.. never seen it myself.. he was ok at RB once
He was our best player today with Freeman.

What happened today???

We played a similar team on tuesday and spanked Scunny, a better team than Crewe. I think its the attitude in all honesty of the players and management, they batter someone one week and then expect to turn up and win the next. Complacent

Done will be much more valuable away from home ,Adams in my opinion isn't up to it yet ,unless we are on top in a game. We didn't back Davies up enough today ,only Flynn looked for anything off him ,Murphy ,Holt ,Baxter and Coutts didn't put enough in for me ,either physically or mentally ,as individuals they were disappointing. We have to leave JCR out of it atm although I would love to see him back.

Good call and I appreciate your opinion but maybe Done is just the player to 'back Davies up' and 'look for anything off him'? Especially when Flynn (sorely missed when he went off) left us pitifully short of options in attack. The times the ball was put into the left-hand channel (JSS side) in the second half. This is Done's 'hunting ground' and he would have pressured back-passes to their goalie much more than we did.

He was excellent on Tuesday, good first half today as he ran at their defenders.

The 4-5-1/4-3-3 works well with Flynn and murphy at their best, however the Davies change was probably forced and a normally reliable Davies was awful. Personally id have slotted Davies in at right back and pushed freeman forward to give a little bit more pace and balance down the right

Back
Top Bottom