Clough on Audioboo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Patrick Suffaux

Reaction score
Very clear, would like:-

- A couple of defenders (one being Brayford)
- A forward (confident of signing one on loan from Championship)

Is that enough to stop the silly player suggestions and daft rumours? Expecting a "Kevin Phillips coming out of retirement to play for United" thread within the hour.

Is that enough to stop the silly player suggestions and daft rumours? Expecting a "Kevin Phillips coming out of retirement to play for United" thread within the hour.
have you got the link?

Is that enough to stop the silly player suggestions and daft rumours?

What about Becchio?
He's a forward at a Championship team that isn't getting many games and may want to resurrect his career.

What's that? Wrong section?
Oh, well - can't be arsed to create a new player suggestion thread - especially since this one has been plucked out of my crystal balls
- Having said that I got the Brizzle game right as first kick off :)

Will be interested to see how our back line perform against Huddersfield and Fenerbache cos judging from the other night against Dundee they don't exactly fill me with confidence. Not denying that Harrison has the potential but we need him to hit the ground running not wait 15/20 games for him to come up to speed. Hoping Butler will be the man to inspire and fill the gap left by Maquire, Collins always seems lost without him. Glad to hear that Nigel has confidence in McNulty & Baxter to get us the goals if another striker doesn't materialise, but Porter ?, give over Nige.

I think it sounded like Clough will probably step it up to lure Brayford back to the club once Harry is sold.

A bit gutted we are getting someone on loan striker wise because I really think we should be signing someone permanently. Good it's a championship striker though but it could be someone totally inexperienced.

Brayford seems to be 1st choice RB for Cardiff, OGS has pretty much said as much this week.

I posted on the Harry thread at lunchtime that the next statement would be to tell us when the loan window opens LOL United never let you down when it comes to bad news or bullshit. This whole sorry affair sun stroke and all stinks of McCabe and his meddling now they are feeding us with Championship striker on loan bullshit and dropping names such as Brayford, wise up guys it aint happening it's the Bladesway .

I posted on the Harry thread at lunchtime that the next statement would be to tell us when the loan window opens LOL United never let you down when it comes to bad news or bullshit. This whole sorry affair sun stroke and all stinks of McCabe and his meddling now they are feeding us with Championship striker on loan bullshit and dropping names such as Brayford, wise up guys it aint happening it's the Bladesway .

'Whole sorry affair' a tad over the top :)

Who cares, it was always likely to be a matter of when. Better that it happens now rather than ending up with a McDonald situation like last season. Onwards and upwards.

'Whole sorry affair' a tad over the top :)

Who cares, it was always likely to be a matter of when. Better that it happens now rather than ending up with a McDonald situation like last season. Onwards and upwards.
Like I have said elsewhere good luck to Harry, the sorry part started when the club started with the sunstroke bullshit, I wonder if we will get a friendly too :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. Maguire sun stroke the new Beattie flu :(

Like I have said elsewhere good luck to Harry, the sorry part started when the club started with the sunstroke bullshit, I wonder if we will get a friendly too :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. Maguire sun stroke the new Beattie flu :(

It's been mentioned before, but the minute a potential seller says 'we've had a falling out and he has made it clear he wants to leave' you lose any bargaining power. We have no problems with a manager saying a player is/isn't going to be fit for a game, before the exact opposite happens - it's part and partial to The Game. If in saying it's sunstroke, flu, poorly tummy, whatever, helps ensure we get the best possible deal for a player wanting to leave, so be it.

It should also be highlighted that when Bruce said the deal was dead last week, Clough did actually pour cold water on that and said things were ongoing.

The Brayford bit is just to keep some of the fans happy,he's not coming.And the forward on loan, after the money we must have is just laughable really,on loan?really?,paying wages for a player who isn't even ours,dead money.

I think most people know he won't be coming back. I've maintained that all summer, I do think Clough wants him though.

Depends on the quality of the forward and Clough was trying to sign him before we sold Maguire. Maybe he will try to get another now.

The Brayford bit is just to keep some of the fans happy,he's not coming.And the forward on loan, after the money we must have is just laughable really,on loan?really?,paying wages for a player who isn't even ours,dead money.

To be fair, it was Giddings who brought up Brayford, NC just re-iterated that we were keeping a check on the situation. As above, no chance of it actually happening as he's well and truly in Cardiff's plans.

Why are they all wearing sports bras? :)

GPS bras at that - it's a clever device that lets you know the coefficient of titty bounceability - essential for understanding the true measure of the "Fornifactor" - a scale of sexual prowess, I am led to believe.
Not sure why the lads are wearing them, though. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom