Clough - McCabe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fuzzybear

Reaction score
Not claiming ITK or anything but was told by someone who claims to be on good terms with parent of one of the youngsters around first team that McCabe has hated Clough for a while (didn't say why/when started). Say's he's worried that Morgan will be offered job as all the players really like him (I told him I couldn't see that happening). Could be total BS but could also give a hint into why Clough was shown the door.

Like I said not saying ITK or anything just what been told (donning tin hat as I type).

Not claiming ITK or anything but was told by someone who claims to be on good terms with parent of one of the youngsters around first team that McCabe has hated Clough for a while (didn't say why/when started). Say's he's worried that Morgan will be offered job as all the players really like him (I told him I couldn't see that happening). Could be total BS but could also give a hint into why Clough was shown the door.

Like I said not saying ITK or anything just what been told (donning tin hat as I type).

Why would McCabe give Morgan the job if he hates him? :)

yes , all we need in our desperate attempt to get out of this division is a manager with a total of 10 games experience in charge, with an average 30% win ratio

all he had to do was get past Yeovil for a one off shot at it , didnt do it

love him as a blade , but manager
the tea lady is really nice she got to be in with a shot

Clough's personality reminds me a little bit of Warnock's, but perhaps with less humour - proud, stubborn, easily riled.

When you joined the forum on Friday, was this uppermost in your mind?

yes , all we need in our desperate attempt to get out of this division is a manager with a total of 10 games experience in charge, with an average 30% win ratio

all he had to do was get past Yeovil for a one off shot at it , didnt do it

love him as a blade , but manager
the tea lady is really nice she got to be in with a shot

All clough had to do was get past Yeovil, yet some are still moaning about his departure. Why is that different consider this was Nigel's team and the one Morgan lost with wasn't his?

we as a club cant experiment with untried managers, not just now we have to get out of this division
Morgan has no track record in management

his chance v yeovil was a semi not just a league game , clough got to the play offs over 46 games
Morgan was given a possible 3 games to become a hero, as did Clough , clough got sacked as he didnt do it, its why Morgan didnt get it then
he had a golden ticket to become our full time manager, not many get that chance

we as a club cant experiment with untried managers, not just now we have to get out of this division

his chance v yeovil was a semi not just a league game , clough got to the play offs over 46 games
Morgan was given a possible 3 games to become a hero, as did Clough , clough got sacked as he didnt do it, its why Morgan didnt get it then
he had a golden ticket to become our full time manager, not many get that chance

Getting to the play offs was a given. Please don't make it sound like an achievement

We're people staring and shouting at McCabe in the South Stand again..?

Morgan was in charge for 7 games (5 in the run up to the play offs... and we were awful... 5 pts in 5 games.... and I think from memory 5 goals in 7 games (and 4 of those were in the first 2 games meaning 1 goal in his last 5 games in charge.... quick sign him up now..

Morgan was in charge for 7 games (5 in the run up to the play offs... and we were awful... 5 pts in 5 games.... and I think from memory 5 goals in 7 games (and 4 of those were in the first 2 games meaning 1 goal in his last 5 games in charge.... quick sign him up now..

He also had 3 games between Weir and Clough where we won one drew one and lost one. His overall record is:

P10 W3 D3 L4 F9 A12

Not very inspiring....

He also had 3 games between Weir and Clough where we won one drew one and lost one. His overall record is:

P10 W3 D3 L4 F9 A12

Not very inspiring....

He lucky to still be in a job here. God knows how he's dodged the bullet so far

He lucky to still be in a job here. God knows how he's dodged the bullet so far

He seems to be the modern Cec Coldwell. Coldwell was a coach from 1967 to 1983 and through 6 different managers and 2 spells as caretaker manager before Porterfield finally managed to ease him out (much to Cec's resentment apparently).

Getting to the play offs was a given. Please don't make it sound like an achievement

a given , in football , get real was given for Coventry
how did wednesday finish 15th one season , surely a given for a massive club like them
was a gimme for southampton in 2009

Are you seriously suggesting that a club with United's resources shouldn't regard the playoffs in league one as a bare minimum?

we have 11 players on the pitch like 23 other clubs , nothings given
surely doncaster and barnsley should have made the play offs barnsley had 8 seasons in the championship
theres 8 clubs in there all been in the championship more recently than us
theres clubs had as long or longer in the prem than us in the past 20 years
we get good gates , other than that we have little other advantages

I love the idea that McCabe would share his opinion about the manager with the parents of someone in the Academy...

I have no idea if it was spoken by McCabe, how/when if it was, or if it was just a feeling/impression the player in question got. No idea if/how reliable the person who gave the info was but as not making any 'big claim' about who next manager would be or anything (I gather it was mentioned in passing during a debate about next manager). Like said no idea how true but has a ring of truth about it given what has happened. I got impression from Media that Jim and Prince were happy to let Clough go on so maybe McCabe has taken opportunity to swing an axe while he can (able to site grounds of underachievement). Only credibility I can offer for the source is that they were in same school year as the parent I'm talking about (am making no claims of its authenticity just thought was worth posting as sounded as though could be true).

I have no idea if it was spoken by McCabe, how/when if it was, or if it was just a feeling/impression the player in question got. No idea if/how reliable the person who gave the info was but as not making any 'big claim' about who next manager would be or anything (I gather it was mentioned in passing during a debate about next manager). Like said no idea how true but has a ring of truth about it given what has happened. I got impression from Media that Jim and Prince were happy to let Clough go on so maybe McCabe has taken opportunity to swing an axe while he can (able to site grounds of underachievement). Only credibility I can offer for the source is that they were in same school year as the parent I'm talking about (am making no claims of its authenticity just thought was worth posting as sounded as though could be true).

So to recap, you know someone who knows a parent of one of the young players at the Lane and that person believes McCabe has hated Clough for a long time. However, you have no idea how that person formed that belief.

That's convinced me :)

Fuck me, there are some bullshit merchants out there, who seem to rear their ugly heads when we need a new manager, and then disappear, never to be seen or heard of again.

Back
Top Bottom