Clarke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's a blow but it's not the worst time for him to get injured with him being out of the team. Hopefully this will be his main injury for the season out of the way.

It may work in our favour to have a fresh option upfront at the business end of the season, a bit like shipperly at the end of the prem promotion season

He'll be gone in January apparently.

My old gaffer was at a charity do the other night and was talking to Gary Sinclair who apparently said that Wilder has admitted that signing Clarke and someone else (Hussey I think) was a mistake.

My old gaffer was at a charity do the other night and was talking to Gary Sinclair who apparently said that Wilder has admitted that signing Clarke and someone else (Hussey I think) was a mistake.

Wilder wouldn't say that. Even if he thought it. Probably pork talk.

Do you think Wilder would be telling Sinclair his thoughts on the team, the bloke on the mike at half time.? Surely the Barbers brothers auntie knows the tea lady at the Lane scenario holds as much value.

Not doubting the information but I'd be staggered if Wilder casually made this admission to anyone for Gary Sinclair to tell all and sundry.

Whenever I've heard Wilder speak of Leon Clarke it's always been fairly positive, even yesterday he said that his performances have been effected by the injury and he's been really disappointed not to be able to use him more etc. He signed him on a 3 year deal, I still think he'll have a big role to play for us this season.

How do you know that ? Are you Mystic Meg ?

Sorry if it offended you. Clearly it was necessary to prefix it with 'in my opinion'.

More likely to create things for themselves, which was important because our midfield was stifled.

Sorry if it offended you. Clearly it was necessary to prefix it with 'in my opinion'.

More likely to create things for themselves, which was important because our midfield was stifled.
Offended? What are you on about ? . Dont be so sensitive
Not seen Clarke show many signs of creating things for himself so far and no one has seen much of Lavery to base an opinion on so far

Clarke hasn't looked 100% yet to me, seemed like he'd been playing within himself, so if this means he's finally going to get fit and firing on all cylinders from November onwards I'm pretty relaxed with this news.

Clarke is a lazy striker regardless of fitness.

Clarke IMHO is bang average at best. Even for L1. I was one of very few who said this (back in July) and that he and Sharp would not work. Doesn't look like I was wrong !

On top of this, he has had a poor start to his Blades career. So as it stands, we arnt missing much for the month he is out.

All the above said, I reckon he will remain a part of Wilders plans going forward. Form, injuries and suspensions will give him opportunities to start and force Wilders hand. I seriously doubt he will take these opportunities and will thus be reduced to impact sub bit part roles for the bulk of the season.

For so many reasons, a player we should not have signed.

IMHO.

UTB

On one hand, he’s not in the team at the moment so won’t be a huge miss. However, he is a handy player to have on the bench and we’re not blessed with tons of striking options (5, 6 if you include Baxter, 7 if you include Jake Wright forward players have left the club either on loan or permanent since May) now so have to just hope that we don’t lose anyone else before he’s fit again.

Back
Top Bottom