Chris Porter

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mendi

Reaction score
Once again Oldham have returned with a offer for Chris Porter. I cant see it happening because he left the club under a cloud at Oldham. Its strange their want him back before the loan window slams shuts at 5pm.

After watching the game on Saturday they have far more up front than we have yet Porter can't get a sniff
Porter - Tries hard but very very limited Div 2 at best !

If I were Chris I'd take the offer. Clough should have the good grace to give the guy a longer contract than he'll get here.

Good luck to the fella, he was moderate at best, but for the memories last season I wish him no ill feelings.

Checked his tweets the bit which you added yourself looks daft as hell. He clearly never said a front player on trial does it. I hope the admin have words with you, because your posting false information its not right is it. that the last you hear from me on this front.

Checked his tweets the bit which you added yourself looks daft as hell. He clearly never said a front player on trial does it. I hope the admin have words with you, because your posting false information its not right is it. that the last you hear from me on this front.
Wibble? :)

I wish I had the faintest idea what you're referring to? Are you getting your replies confused with another poster?

A puzzling and pointless post from yourself.

That goal against Stevenage was his best. He's been so frustrating in the time here but thanks for the effort.

Chris Porter. Last seen sleeping rough in a cardboard box in the BDTBL Hall of Fame. Best thing he can do for his career is move on if the chance arises. Through effort and key goals he has in a strange way endeared himself to SU fans. Legend.

Porter has admittedly scored some important and/or match-winning goals for us (albeit most were <1 yard out and harder to miss than score) but that should not detract from the fact that he's simply not good enough. His touch, control, aggression, ability to hold the ball and bring others into play are significantly below the level required in L1, particularly for a side (hopefully) pushing for promotion.
I was amazed he was offered an extension in the summer, following which he's done absolutely nothing (admittedly with very limited chances) and should definitely be released when his current contract expires.
If Oldham feels he'll do a job for them, good luck to them but I've seen plenty of strikers at conference level who I'd prefer to him

Erm... whut? :)

Thank heavens you weren't around in the "Theo Walcott to the Blades" times, is all I'm going to say!

I fear Oldham may be a little too far from Meadowhall for Mr Porter...and the Trafford Centre would be way too daunting...expect him to stay put...

Erm... whut? :)

Thank heavens you weren't around in the "Theo Walcott to the Blades" times, is all I'm going to say!

He was posting something which he added himself making out it was true. I spoke to Matt Chamber about this, he said he never wrote that ,

He was posting something which he added himself making out it was true. I spoke to Matt Chamber about this, he said he never wrote that ,

You quoted itsinyerblood who didn't quote Matt Chambers.

I take it you meant JL94x4 post where he quoted Matt Chambers tweet from last week. You say you have spoken to Matt and he didn't tweet this?

May need to have another word with him and apologise to the above posters I reckon.

Screenshot_2014-11-27-23-33-22.png

I still think if we'd started him in the play off final v hudds instead of cresswell we'd have gone up.

If I were Chris I'd take the offer. Clough should have the good grace to give the guy a longer contract than he'll get here.

Good luck to the fella, he was moderate at best, but for the memories last season I wish him no ill feelings.

Yes good luck to Porter wherever he finishes up . He is a limited player , but it appears to me , that he knows this himself . You cannot knock him for being a average , but to give him his due he does try .

Not a CP love in , the guy has drove me crazy at times , as itsinyerblood quite rightly says - moderate at times .

The guy has never given up the cause , and took criticism and sarcasm on the chin.. Good attribute in his character but not in his feet.

UTB

I am completely clueless as to why you contacted me. I commented favourably about Chris Porter, then you appeared. Your so-called response is an over-reaction and you appear to be defending yourself over a non-issue.

If you feel I have a case to answer please quote chapter and verse. I'm more than willing to answer anything that is mildly objectionable, but what I mentioned about Porter was said in a positive light, then you appeared asking the admin to have words with me. Seems they had a word with you instead. Just get a grip pal, no damage done but you really must stop responding in such an over the top manner.

Back
Top Bottom