Che vs Billy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who scores more this season?

• Che Adams

• Billy Sharp

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

From the pig end

Reaction score
Rather than just write a post saying that I fancied Adams to score more than Sharp this season, I thought I'd see if anyone agreed.
Watching the Exeter highlights this morning might have clouded my judgement a bit, but I genuinely believe it's between those two for our golden boot and I'm leaning towards Che.

Shit, wish I'd asked who the "other" player was now.
Surely it can only be Murphy that people mean?

Billy, for the simple reason that if fit, I think he will start almost every game, and every time, up front. Che (a far more exciting prospect) is still very young, and I suspect he will be rested at times, sometimes used as an impact sub, and played wide on occasions.

Billy Big Boots might put the ball in the net more times than Adams but half of them will be chalked off because he will be offside !
What I will say is that Sammon won't get double figures in the goal department even if he played every match !

Che is 50/1 (ish) to be L1 top scorer.

Sharp is available at a lesser price.

Suspect that's the only answer required.

UTB

Billy for me (and I think he'll get Ched levels of League 1 goals).

That said, Che will bring just as much to the team in different ways. He's gonna cause havoc.

If he scores 27 this season I think it could be bye bye Che Haha!

if it meens we go up id take it . obviously id rather we keep him he has premier league potential from what ive seen but if it meens we go up id settle for him going next year for a big price tag of course . and when he scores his 50th goal for england we can say we had him once ;)

It's incredible how much Che has improved in the close season. It's a pity that the season isn't starting in October, he'd be world class by then.

I might have picked an unfair opponent for Che here, he looks on fire in preseason but like most people voting I do expect Billy to get over 15 goals comfortably this season.

I've a tenner on Che at 51 / 1 and a tenner on Billy at 9 / 1. I really can't decide who I want to be top scorer :confused: .

Billy is the percentage shout purely because he's guaranteed the game time and, presumably, we'll be playing to suit him. If Che has anything like the season people are predicting, he won't be a Blades player this time next season maybe even before. Tottenham, loaning him back anyone ?

I've a tenner on Che at 51 / 1 and a tenner on Billy at 9 / 1. I really can't decide who I want to be top scorer :confused: .
I'd be cheering Che on if I was you pal. ;)
This will be the last season he'll have odds like that.

It's incredible how much Che has improved in the close season. It's a pity that the season isn't starting in October, he'd be world class by then.

Lets see if he can deliver in L1 competition before we award him legend status ....... :rolleyes:
UTB & FTP

Can honestly see Sharpy having a 25-goal season at this level.
And Che's on fire right now, but he's very raw: he'll have dips in form.

So, Billy for me. But what a partnership in prospect (& with proper riches in reserve).

I'm so positive right now, I could crush a grape (almost)! :p

Lets see if he can deliver in L1 competition before we award him legend status ....... :rolleyes:
UTB & FTP
Mate I'm just as bad, im comparing a raw talent who's scored a few in preseason to Sharp who's done the business in this league and the oneabove regularly

I was at a Racing Post season preview event last night. Mark Langdon, their chief football tipster, described Adams as the best teenager in the football league.

He was asked for his best ever bet and his best bet for this season. His best ever was Messi to be top scorer, when he'd just come on the scene, at 20/1 and his best for this season was Adams to be top scorer at 50/1. To my slightly biased ears, this sounded a lot like Adams is as good as Messi.

Langdon also said that he'd backed us so heavily for promotion that his kids would have to eat beans on toast for a year if we don't go up.

I was at a Racing Post season preview event last night. Mark Langdon, their chief football tipster, described Adams as the best teenager in the football league.

He was asked for his best ever bet and his best bet for this season. His best ever was Messi to be top scorer, when he'd just come on the scene, at 20/1 and his best for this season was Adams to be top scorer at 50/1. To my slightly biased ears, this sounded a lot like Adams is as good as Messi.

Langdon also said that he'd backed us so heavily for promotion that his kids would have to eat beans on toast for a year if we don't go up.

I agree about Che. He is far and away our best young prospect. Billy, however, will be our top scorer. In truth, as long as the team get plenty I couldn't care less who gets them. As for Conor Sammon, if he gets ten and contributes to another ten, he'll have done his job. Anyone who thinks Nigel has brought him in to sit on the bench should think again....

We should all spare a thought for the forgotten man Matt Done, though. A great signing by Cloughy (credit where it's due, eh?). Get fit and firing soon Matty...

Last edited:
I agree about Che. He is far and away our best young prospect. Billy, however, will be our top scorer. In truth, as long as the team get plenty I couldn't care less who gets them. As for Conor Sammon, if he gets ten and contributes to another ten, he'll have done his job. Anyone who thinks Nigel has brought him in to sit on the bench should think again....

We should all spare a thought for the forgotten man Matt Done, though. A great signing by Cloughy (credit where it's due, eh?). Get fit and firing soon Matty...
Shit! Done genuinely slipped my mind.

Said it b4.

Saying it again now.

Sharp and Done could wreak havoc in this Div. IMHO.

With healthy contributions from others, 100 league goals should be an aspirational target for us to have a go at.

UTB

And who will get the greater number of assists?
Out of those two? It's got to be Che, I think Adkins is going to get him to play more ruthless. He's a player that is already not afraid to have a shot but I think Adkins will be telling him to cut in and get in the box more. If we do play him out wide, he's not the type of player who's going to get chalk on his boots and swing balls in for the strikers....
That said, who's Sharp going to supply? Sammon? Billy is a poacher, a predator, I don't think he'll get an abundance of assists.

Out of those two? It's got to be Che, I think Adkins is going to get him to play more ruthless. He's a player that is already not afraid to have a shot but I think Adkins will be telling him to cut in and get in the box more. If we do play him out wide, he's not the type of player who's going to get chalk on his boots and swing balls in for the strikers....
That said, who's Sharp going to supply? Sammon? Billy is a poacher, a predator, I don't think he'll get an abundance of assists.

Couldn't agree more. HB Jnr been telling me all summer that Che will be Player of the Season, think the lad might have a point. Well, actually, I hope the lad has a point.

I imagine by the third game teams will double up on Che, so Billy will score the most and Murphs will get the most assists ;)

Back
Top Bottom