Che & dcl

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Neil smith

Reaction score
If the club was to sell che & dcl ... Would we be happy if it enabled us to help clear Woolford, coutts, and freeman out of the squad and maybe bring in a goalkeeper central mid and a winger in .... I would love us to maybe keep dcl on loan ... ? Utb !!!

I would accept one going at the moment, we didn't get promotion so we've only ourselves to blame if we can't hang on to potential players, (Although I Personnaly don't think Adams will make it at the higher level)

However if we let both of them go that would be a punch in the guts to ambition.

A fit and fired up Che could be the difference between promotion and not promotion. IMHO.

But ultimately money talks. And player power should the lure of the dollar prove too much ( it usually does !).

But as Pinchy says, it is perhaps all part of Tuftys master plan. I hope !!

UTB

Wilder has no plans to bring a keeper in, think the wishful thinking is getting to you!

The unknown is exciting, new signings are interesting and spark interest but the grass isn't always greener.
If Che played for a team like Charlton and we somehow managed to nick him, it would be our biggest signing in years!

Hopefully long can step up, afterall, who at this level is much better!??

Yes I hope same but just wat if he gets injured suspended or he's under no pressure to perform ...

Keep DCL and get rid of Adams regardless .

DCL has a great future in front of him . Adams , on the other hand , hasn't .

Personally speaking , Im struggling to understand why quite so many rate Adams as highly as they do . I don't see the same potential in him as some do and at the moment I see very little footballing ability in him .

I looked really closely at his game last season and it was abundantly clear to see why Billy Sharpe was frustrated with him to the point of anger or sheer exasperation . His first touch/control Is wholly inadequate . His finishing is mediocre at best . His footballing nous is non-existent and his attitude stinks .

If we have received an offer anywhere near what Birmingham City have allegedly bid ..... 1.7 million ..... I'd snatch their hands off .
The only reason I can see for CW holding out for a bigger fee is that he's playing the transfer market for all its worth in order to secure the best possible deal he possibly can for the club .

On a different topic I'm firmly of the belief that CW knows he will only be given and agreed percentage of any fee we get for player recruitment . NOT the full amount .

Yes that's why I posted I wouldn't be unhappy if we got around that figure for che ... An hopefully get a few more out an a couple in .... Che does have ability but also liable to bang weight on an not be 100% up for wilders ideas ...

I like everybody has an opinion about che from what I have seen, however, how come clubs in a higher league see so much in him, maybe we should keep hold and and give him his chance, we really could have a gem playing in a more positive attacking role, lets see how much we are really talking about. But he could be another deane or Currie etc, lets wait and see.

How would selling Che help us get rid of Woolford?

Honestly, now that Clarke's here, I'd take a decent bid for Che and not worry about it too much. I'd rather he stayed, but I suspect that he's a bit over-hyped from his early promise.

I hope that he stays and Wilder persuaded him to give us one season. Che's at the start of his professional career that we gave him, so hopefully there is some level of appreciation there.

Why on earth would we keep Calvert Lewin on loan? If we don't sell him and he remains as our player, I would hope and expect that he will be a long way away from our starting eleven. If we have him on loan, the expectation will be for him to play. He is behind all of our other attacking options ability-wise, so this would be massively detrimental to our season.

I wouldn't be disappointed if we sold him. Adams, on the other hand, I would like us to keep.

He is behind all of our other attacking options ability-wise, so this would be massively detrimental to our season.

How much have you actually seen of him?

I'd hold back a bit before making comments like that. He's definitely got something about him and I think he's going to show it very soon.

How much have you actually seen of him?

I'd hold back a bit before making comments like that. He's definitely got something about him and I think he's going to show it very soon.

From what I saw of him last season I'd be very surprised if it was this season that he suddenly became good enough. He looked as though his body, his head and his legs all had different ideas and went off to do their own thing whenever I saw him.

From what I saw of him last season I'd be very surprised if it was this season that he suddenly became good enough. He looked as though his body, his head and his legs all had different ideas and went off to do their own thing whenever I saw him.

I agree that he didn't convince with most of his performances but his appearances were sporadic and brief and I don't think he ever showed what he's really about. Physically/technically he may have appeared disjointed but that will change with time and the athletic base is clearly there, and he'll only get better in that department. In the end I saw enough to think he's a well balanced, sharp and athletic player with good potential, and his loan at Northampton only adds weight to that, and he proved he can score goals there.

It all boils down to the clause in his sell on fee.

IFC are going to be "minted" by Non League standards..

BCFC might offer £1.7m, but deduct the Ilkeston FC share, just over £1m for SUFC/Wilder.

I think you might see a different player this season. He's still only 19 and grew from about 5'8" to 6'1" in about 18 months. At Grimsby (which was a pretty competitive fixture) he showed that he could out muscle and out run and out jump a league 2 defence. I think he'll look pretty good this year in league 1. As his confidence and strength grows I think he'll be quite a player

Keep DCL and get rid of Adams regardless .

DCL has a great future in front of him . Adams , on the other hand , hasn't .

Personally speaking , Im struggling to understand why quite so many rate Adams as highly as they do . I don't see the same potential in him as some do and at the moment I see very little footballing ability in him .

I looked really closely at his game last season and it was abundantly clear to see why Billy Sharpe was frustrated with him to the point of anger or sheer exasperation . His first touch/control Is wholly inadequate . His finishing is mediocre at best . His footballing nous is non-existent and his attitude stinks .

If we have received an offer anywhere near what Birmingham City have allegedly bid ..... 1.7 million ..... I'd snatch their hands off .
The only reason I can see for CW holding out for a bigger fee is that he's playing the transfer market for all its worth in order to secure the best possible deal he possibly can for the club .

On a different topic I'm firmly of the belief that CW knows he will only be given and agreed percentage of any fee we get for player recruitment . NOT the full amount .
He's worth what someone will pay. Goals against Spurs and his showreel show what he is capable of. In the current market a young, English player is worth quite a bit. I think he will go but right now we appear to be doing the right thing in stringing this out rather than taking quick money.

Yes that's why I posted I wouldn't be unhappy if we got around that figure for che ... An hopefully get a few more out an a couple in .... Che does have ability but also liable to bang weight on an not be 100% up for wilders ideas ...

After the JTW and when CW first came in, it was widely believed that United were 'potless'. As I've said elsewhere, people think that selling Che (or DCL) will open up the possibility of further signings. It could well be that the money has already been spent. Seven new players with their fees, salaries etc. won't come for free.

After the JTW and when CW first came in, it was widely believed that United were 'potless'. As I've said elsewhere, people think that selling Che (or DCL) will open up the possibility of further signings. It could well be that the money has already been spent. Seven new players with their fees, salaries etc. won't come for free.
CW binned a gazillion players.

In an ideal world Utd would keep both young lads and let them develop. Both English, both have plenty of potential. However it isnt an ideal world and squad strengthening needs to be paid for. We cant keep asking McCabe and his Saudi side kick to keep putting in 5 to 6 mill every year (well i suppose we can but they can always say sod off) and i suppose Chris has been told he has to wheel and deal. For me losing Che would be the best of a non ideal situation. He will bring in more coin, allow more wriggle room for CW to work with to strengthen elsewhere and i just think there is more potential in DCL. If we sacrifice one now, we might just be able to afford the players to get up this season and start to see the bigger league income streams. When we get the next young lads coming through we are also less vulnerable to having them picked off by other league teams. In short we have our arses in the air whilst we remain in league 1. Promotion at all costs is the key.

Che could be another Deane or Currie?
I knew Currie was a class apart after 1 game.Deane after 10 games. Adams haz been here 18 months and cant secure a first team berth on merit

Che & DCL

I prefer Che & Oni
but prefer even more

Sal & Vin

Seabrooks mind, NOT Lineker endorsed fat.

I agree that he didn't convince with most of his performances but his appearances were sporadic and brief and I don't think he ever showed what he's really about. Physically/technically he may have appeared disjointed but that will change with time and the athletic base is clearly there, and he'll only get better in that department. In the end I saw enough to think he's a well balanced, sharp and athletic player with good potential, and his loan at Northampton only adds weight to that, and he proved he can score goals there.

I don't necessarily disagree that in time he will / may become a good player. My point was that I would be surprised if he had made such strides over one close season to make him a valid first team option this year. This means that borrowing him back at this stage, when we have plenty of better options for the first team, would be pointless.

If we are keeping him long-term with a view to developing him, that is a different situation that I would be satisfied enough with.

The unknown is exciting, new signings are interesting and spark interest but the grass isn't always greener.
If Che played for a team like Charlton and we somehow managed to nick him, it would be our biggest signing in years!

Chris Wilder, our manager, wouldn't bid for him. He disagrees with the fans who think he's improved exponentially in the close season. He sees a young raw kid with plenty of potential but significant weaknesses as well. Poor ball control, a tendency to switch off when he should be alert and a very small "football brain". Funnily enough, I see the same things...

Looking at it all realistically, all this hype for Che is going to have an effect on the lad. He's going to want to start every week and now probably considers himself to be the star of the club. He isn't better than Billy, and Clarke scores goals...proven.

Personally I want to see Sharp and Clarke start. A great combination in the making.

DCL clearly has something about him so it's going to be important he gets game time. I saw a lot of McNulty last year as I live in Pompey. The lad showed he is lethal if given the chance and actually looked a lot quicker than I ever saw him look for us. Not sure why that was. His season will come down to attitude and not throwing his toys out!

Back
Top Bottom