Centre halves

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would have kept McEveley, the state of the kop bogs needs addressing.

O'Connell's impressing me more than Ebanks-Landell recently.

Got to be a positive since we don't have to worry about him going back to Wolves.

Wonder how much of his improvement is EEL / System relate or confidence as he was really shaky at the start of the season

I like the look of both of them. But EEL can look a little suspect with positioning.. But people wanted a big head on legs.. He is about the best option of that I have seen of that in this League. Puts any body part on the ball he can, and no one can touch him in the air. I think a long run in the first team and he will look absolute class. Same for O'Connell.

Starting to become really pleased with Jack O'Connell. He's a big lad and can muck in quite old school, but he doesn't let that define him and still likes to play the ball on the floor - attributes which could see him climb. Moreover, he had a poor start to his career with us and whilst many of our players over the last few years haven't shown much character and have fallen by the wayside (I suppose Harrison McGahey is a good comparison here), J O'C believed in his own ability, knuckled down and shown he's made of better stuff. Well done lad.

Just mentioning Harrison McGahey gets me thinking - isn't it nice to be rid of all those bell ends riding around on segways and getting pissed in Sheffield after spineless home defeats.

Finally we have some that can actually defend!

Collins and McEveley seem like a bad dream now.

Collins was limited but I still think he did a job for us, particularly in the early days. But the present centre halves are obviously very promising.

Ive had a good think about this. I didnt feel I was ready to commit again so soon after John left me but I think the time has come to move on.

So.... Id like to officially declare Ebanks Landell as my new favourite player.

I'm off to change my relationship status on facebook and saving my pocket money up for 63 weeks so I can afford half of his name on my shirt.

Its easy isnt it? He just kicks and heads anything within a 12 yard circumference of him and flattens anything thats in the way. Proper simple defending done well and it's absolutley gorgeous to watch.

EEL is a bread and butter centre half, strong, mobile, good in the air one criticism is he is quite poor on the ball but It's not a priority for a league one centre half. He does all the basics very well when it comes to defending.

EEL is a bread and butter centre half, strong, mobile, good in the air one criticism is he is quite poor on the ball but It's not a priority for a league one centre half. He does all the basics very well when it comes to defending.

It's made even better by the fact O'Connell seems to be able to play a bit as well. It leaves EEL free to just carry on hitting everything that comes close, friend or foe.

I like the look of both of them. But EEL can look a little suspect with positioning.. But people wanted a big head on legs.. He is about the best option of that I have seen of that in this League. Puts any body part on the ball he can, and no one can touch him in the air. I think a long run in the first team and he will look absolute class. Same for O'Connell.

They were both outstanding and really complemented each other in the 4-4-2 tonight. They were close behind that classy footballer Paul Coutts for MoM.

As many are rightly saying, no getting carried away; work in progress; long way to go; but something is happening....

I've sussed EEL out....

df782498afe84534a65624c68d2f398e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom