CBA

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Caveblade

Reaction score
I listened with interest to Radio Sheffield on the way home last night. Rob Staton kindly extended the show so that all the moaning blades could have their say and the Dingles (with very short memories) could mock us.

Rob talked about the erratic reactions of Blades with highs when we win and lows when we lose. It showed how little he understands about the season we have all had as Blades fans.

I have a 120 mile round trip to get to the lane and this season has been one of the most dispiriting I have ever seen. I have watched United through thick (occasionally) and thin (plenty). Cup games aside this season has been awful, scraping wins, a complete inability to defend and Weir like tactics that make it easy for teams to defend against us.

The atmosphere yesterday suggested that there are a lot of like minded people. Fortress Bramall Lane had turned into a library, where most of the 19000 could hardly muster themselves to sing Annies Song.

Our current position in the table is a sad indictment on how poor this league really is, when you look at our record this season, we are purely there due to the averageness of the teams below us. It is also a sad indictment on the play off system that a team who have been this average should even have a sniff at promotion (but hey ho, we all know that the play offs are about money, not football).

This isn't a dig at Clough, but as a club we have failed miserably this season, to be so far behind the top two is poor and a team that cannot string three wins together will not make it through the playoffs.

Anyway to the thread title, an abbreviation that my kids use, but it perfectly sums up where I have got to. I never ever thought I would feel like this about my beloved Blades, but as I walked out of the ground yesterday I came to the conclusion that I simply can't be arsed, to keep spending the money and driving the miles to watch turgid insipid displays where there is no ambition to win the game.

This Clappers glass is officially half empty!

I listened with interest to Radio Sheffield on the way home last night. Rob Staton kindly extended the show so that all the moaning blades could have their say and the Dingles (with very short memories) could mock us.

Rob talked about the erratic reactions of Blades with highs when we win and lows when we lose. It showed how little he understands about the season we have all had as Blades fans.

I have a 120 mile round trip to get to the lane and this season has been one of the most dispiriting I have ever seen. I have watched United through thick (occasionally) and thin (plenty). Cup games aside this season has been awful, scraping wins, a complete inability to defend and Weir like tactics that make it easy for teams to defend against us.

The atmosphere yesterday suggested that there are a lot of like minded people. Fortress Bramall Lane had turned into a library, where most of the 19000 could hardly muster themselves to sing Annies Song.

Our current position in the table is a sad indictment on how poor this league really is, when you look at our record this season, we are purely there due to the averageness of the teams below us. It is also a sad indictment on the play off system that a team who have been this average should even have a sniff at promotion (but hey ho, we all know that the play offs are about money, not football).

This isn't a dig at Clough, but as a club we have failed miserably this season, to be so far behind the top two is poor and a team that cannot string three wins together will not make it through the playoffs.

Anyway to the thread title, an abbreviation that my kids use, but it perfectly sums up where I have got to. I never ever thought I would feel like this about my beloved Blades, but as I walked out of the ground yesterday I came to the conclusion that I simply can't be arsed, to keep spending the money and driving the miles to watch turgid insipid displays where there is no ambition to win the game.

Thanks Caveblade. With a shorter 60 mile round trip I feel just the same

Easter will be a swift end to your sufferings and the patient will pass quickly.

There will always be the next season.

Mate, you will no doubt get a chippy " we don't need " fans" like you retort, but many of us who have been posting shite for years know and remember how important this club was to you not too long ago. For you to have reached this point is about as damning as it gets.

Same conversation as we have after most games this season and yesterday in particular. I CBA to cheer a goal with much enthusiasm this season (cup games aside). My problem is, if we give Clough till the end of the season and by some miracle go up, we will have more of the same. If we don't go up we have yet another season in this league. If we sacked him now it wouldn't necessarily guarantee promotion and unless we get the right man who's to say they will do any better. The loss yesterday was enormous. Can't see us getting anything from Barnsley and I can see we are soon going to drop out of the play off p!laces.

Mate, you will no doubt get a chippy " we don't need " fans" like you retort, but many of us who have been posting shite for years know and remember how important this club was to you not too long ago. For you to have reached this point is about as damning as it gets.
Raul the fact that i CBA that much I ve already not gone to to at least 3 home games AND NOT MISSED IT says it all. This after 45 years of most home and many away trips. And knowing full well we might (looks more like might not now) be in play off final, I ve booked a holiday in Spain for that date.

I have been thinking we need to stick with clough as changing manager every season just doesn't work, we need some consistency but with clough it doesn't seem like a run of bad luck or injury's there's just too many problems.

we've cleared out all the duds and dead wood only to let clough bring a load more in. Alcock, McGahey, butler, Campbell ryce, coutts, both wallaces, holt, higdon, all of these and probably.more will need to be moved on

Same conversation as we have after most games this season and yesterday in particular. I CBA to cheer a goal with much enthusiasm this season (cup games aside). My problem is, if we give Clough till the end of the season and by some miracle go up, we will have more of the same. If we don't go up we have yet another season in this league. If we sacked him now it wouldn't necessarily guarantee promotion and unless we get the right man who's to say they will do any better. The loss yesterday was enormous. Can't see us getting anything from Barnsley and I can see we are soon going to drop out of the play off p!laces.

Again Im with you on this NYB (How is Bilton Towers these days?)
I had the choice of Barnsley with a 12 15 Ko or Lythm St Annes for the day. Guess which I picked?

Again Im with you on this NYB (How is Bilton Towers these days?)
I had the choice of Barnsley with a 12 15 Ko or Lythm St Annes for the day. Guess which I picked?
Good thanks. Unfortunately I've already got my tickets

I have been thinking we need to stick with clough as changing manager every season just doesn't work, we need some consistency but with clough it doesn't seem like a run of bad luck or injury's there's just too many problems.

we've cleared out all the duds and dead wood only to let clough bring a load more in. Alcock, McGahey, butler, Campbell ryce, coutts, both wallaces, holt, higdon, all of these and probably.more will need to be moved on

It is almost bizarre the way he has recruited this season. When he joined the club he banged on about small tight squads, this season he has bought all and sundry in with seemingly no thought to specific players for specific roles. Result, he struggles to know his best team and play them consistently. With most successful teams you can more or less name the starting 11 each week, you would have better odds of winning the lotto than doing this with the Blades this season!

Christ, you have suffered! A 120-mile trip is bad enough without listening to that biased fucking arsehole Staton.

Oh he understands perfectly well. The unscheduled extension of P&G was purely to rub our noses in it. Even Seth Bennett managed to escape this sad, parochial little radio station. What next for Staton? Hospital Radio perhaps?

In August 1980, whilst living in Kent, I rang my Dad from Charnock Richard services on the way back, to tell him we'd won 3-0 at Carlisle and this was the season. I got that a bit wrong, but his reaction to the call was "what have I done?"

That was the first time I realised he felt guilt about passing on his love for United to me. He didn't need to feel bad,. but I feel exactly the same with my two. Yesterday's defeat hurt me by extension. My expectation level from United is very low, but young men like the Trigs Jnr deserve better than travelling from Brum/Leeds for that kind of performance.

We've got tickets for Barnsley too, not looking good on the redemption front there

In August 1980, whilst living in Kent, I rang my Dad from Charnock Richard services on the way back, to tell him we'd won 3-0 at Carlisle and this was the season. I got that a bit wrong, but his reaction to the call was "what have I done?"

That was the first time I realised he felt guilt about passing on his love for United to me. He didn't need to feel bad,. but I feel exactly the same with my two. Yesterday's defeat hurt me by extension. My expectation level from United is very low, but young men like the Trigs Jnr deserve better than travelling from Brum/Leeds for that kind of performance.

We've got tickets for Barnsley too, not looking good on the redemption front there

Luckily my 2 girls don't like football, so the curse dies with me!

Caveblade has summed up my sentiment exactly.

Apathy has truly set in with me. Friday afternoon is usually when my pre-home-game excitement kicks in but I haven't felt it for a while, it just feels like a drudged chore nowadays. Yesterday I left at 85 minutes as our walking pace tempo had defeated my patience and shaving 5 minutes off my journey home and missing the last goal turned out to be the only positive experience I enjoyed yesterday.

I'm not a complete fair weather fan, I would be happy to see us lose to anyone provided we lose in the right manner, a good case in point is the 4-0 home defeat home to Scunthorpe we had when Gary Speed was in charge. We lost that game comprehensively but I was happy with the tempo and style of play we were trying to instill even though it didn't come together that night. But yesterday there was just no urgency or desire to win the game by players who are paid and can play well enough to destroy a very poor Crewe side. I didn't want to attribute that defeat to Clough, because the same side he picked looked terrific against Scunthorpe, but Clough chalking yesterdays defeat down to tired legs and a bobbly pitch has seriously made my piss itch.

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

We'll get out of this league eventually. If the footy is crap take solace in pre match ale.

We're only ever a few wins from buzzing optimism or a few defeats from the razor blades. Wottevs.....

Back
Top Bottom