Casey Stewart

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere

We've signed this fella:

"Sheffield United are the latest club to profit from the academy which produced Leeds United's Vieira twins.

On Friday, the Blades completed the signing of teenage midfielder Casey Stewart - a graduate of the the York-based i2i Football Academy headed by the club's former striker Richard Cresswell, who also played for Leeds - from Tadcaster Albion."

Full story click link

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/10/2...-latest-club-to-profit-from-academy-which-pr/

Interesting and Tadcaster have form for producing (not heard of HITC Sport before though I assume it's just an independent football website).

Interesting and Tadcaster have form for producing (not heard of HITC Sport before though I assume it's just an independent football website).

Don't tell Pinchy but this is what you'll get with any links with Tadcaster :eek:

Some clips here. Gets his foot on the ball which is always nice to see and a confident finisher. Hopefully he can do well in the academy and make the step up. It's the kind of signing I like, a young player with something to prove.

Cresswell's morphing into Klopp.

ahh now the one thing that stands out from those clips is the one thing you can't teach - he has a quick footballing mind.

Looks likes like he has some decent skills from those clips. And we do miss a bit of trickery uptop these days.

More than enough proof recently that there are gems hidden away in the lower levels who haven't come through the traditional Prem League academy route. The likes if Vardy, Adams etc shows there are bargains there if you know where to look.

Hopefully he'll forge a long career with us.

Back
Top Bottom