Can someone at the club

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

stop allowing Wilder to do interviews as he's coming over as fucking clueless

Sign someone or get on the training ground and sort what you have!

#sendthetealady
Fully agree. Talk about fucking amateur talent night. He might have been OK handling a conference team but he clearly has no business grasp at this level.
UTB

stop allowing Wilder to do interviews as he's coming over as fucking clueless

Sign someone or get on the training ground and sort what you have!

#sendthetealady

What do you want him to say??

He's basically said we haven't been good enough and we can't afford to buy players and we've been working on the training ground all week . Least we know to truth.

It's better than Adkins extolling the virtues of dean Hammond after another performance that's made me want to pull my eyes out

He's basically said we haven't been good enough and we can't afford to buy players and we've been working on the training ground all week . Least we know to truth.

It's better than Adkins extolling the virtues of dean Hammond after another performance that's made me want to pull my eyes out

Just provide them with a copy of last weeks answers. If the board is backing him then the real questions our local hacks won't ask why we aren't getting players over the line.

Surely nobody thinks it's Wilders fault we aren't signing players? He's identified about 50 players that we "haven't managed to get over the line" .

Really struggling to understand whats he's done wrong here to be honest

Just provide them with a copy of last weeks answers. If the board is backing him then the real questions our local hacks won't ask why we aren't getting players over the line.
This exactly............why aren't we getting players over the line? are we looking at unobtainable targets? are they really too expensive when we come calling, or are we just to tight to pay? why does every transfer take twice as long (if not more) than out-going transfers? why do we appear again to be looking at players from a league above or from direct competitiors (when its too late on in the window) rather than picking off some League 2 talent?
We need some answers to these to see exactly where we stand atm.

He's been clear on that in his last interview

Said he's had funds but isn't prepared to pay over the odds for players - we can't Afford to meet what clubs are asking for

We might think we should be paying millions but he is clearly not willing to. That's why we arnt signing players

This exactly............why aren't we getting players over the line? are we looking at unobtainable targets? are they really too expensive when we come calling, or are we just to tight to pay? why does every transfer take twice as long (if not more) than out-going transfers? why do we appear again to be looking at players from a league above or from direct competitiors (when its too late on in the window) rather than picking off some League 2 talent?
We need some answers to these to see exactly where we stand atm.

But these questions shouldn't be put to Wilder . We had the exact same issues last year with Adkins not getting players in. I can't understand how anybody can think this is Wilders doing at all considering our last manager was only allowed to bring in 2 permanent players

This idea that Wilder has loads of money in his back pocket that the board are begging him to spend is mind boggling

Said he's had funds but isn't prepared to pay over the odds for players - we can't Afford to meet what clubs are asking for

We might think we should be paying millions but he is clearly not willing to. That's why we arnt signing players

Why waste everyone's time and go for players who you know will cost millions then?
Or are firmly entrenched as valued members of rival teams first eleven's?

Perhaps it's a bit old man syndrome..."Ah...in my day you got two Chris Morgans and a Deano for a packet of Woodbine's...and Mars bars were bigger also.."

Well shouldn't he make sure we can afford these players before he spouts off how close we are to signing them?
I get we can't afford to pay well over the odds for players....but is it wayyyyy over the odds......or just more than we want to pay?
If we don't get some decent players we'll be paying over the odds in League 2 soon trying to get out.

But these questions shouldn't be put to Wilder . We had the exact same issues last year with Adkins not getting players in. I can't understand how anybody can think this is Wilders doing at all considering our last manager was only allowed to bring in 2 permanent players

I didn't imply these are questions for Wilder.......these need asking of the board / owners

I didn't imply these are questions for Wilder.......these need asking of the board / owners

He has said that every week now since he came.

This idea that Wilder has loads of money in his back pocket that the board are begging him to spend is mind boggling

Who the fuck is saying he's pocketing cash. What he needs to do is get on the training ground and get on with improving the players we have. If he can't change anything transfer wise, all I am saying is get back on the training ground.

Fully agree. Talk about fucking amateur talent night. He might have been OK handling a conference team but he clearly has no business grasp at this level.
UTB

Business grasp? I have a business grasp of this club and I'm there for 90 minutes every two weeks.

He comes over less and less confident week by week, its clear that this club and job is not what he thought it would be, as for straight talking said a lot and not lived up to everything he as said, 2 in by... we will have 3 in before... I demand a reaction from the players..
I don't think it is all down to Wilder, but you would think after the comments the first few times he would not say anything unless he could get them in or be sure of what he was saying as the more it happens the less likely he will be taken seriously.

I think he can get it done and turn us around but it will take a lot of hard work and we don't want any more lip service as Adkins gave us all we could take.

As has been said on other threads they stick a microphone in front of them when they are all wound up straight after a game, it's hardly a fair representation of a manager. Then they keep releasing snippets of it all week. Crazy.

I'm fucking staggered we're even discussing it.

As I see it....we needed new players better than what we had last season.

So the manager identifies players who are in and around our level at other clubs that are better than the players we had last season.
He passes these to the negotiating plonkers, who are then tasked with getting them.

Wilder has done nothing wrong. He needed players immediately on his arrival. So if we can't get these players in its either because...
1. We undervalued our past players and therefore misjudged the cost of replacing them as needed. Thus making them unaffordable in the current budget.
2. We didn't get to work soon enough in picking up the free transfers
3. We haven't a big enough budget for the job and relied on sales first to release money putting us in the market at the top of its cost.

I think there is some apathy in the club thinking payers will walk over hot coals to come to us. They think we can just pay them what they are on now and allow them the privilege of playing in our amazing stadium in front of the self proclaimed best fans in the world.
We have sacked managers at the end of the last two seasons, sacking off whatever plans they had for the following season. We have a shocking scouting network, and this shows little sign of improvement. This means we have rarely is ever taken advantage of the European/foreign markets which are considerably cheaper and awash with talent.
It also means that Wilder cannot take the risk of gambles on lower league players, because like the previous managers he needs results immediately.

I will say this....we can moan about his signings....how much was spent....but we should have stuck with Clough.

He's not very concise with his words, he stutters, he repeats, I always feel he's a little careless and not far away from saying something he probably shouldn't. At the moment you can hear the stress/panic in his voice and that must filter it's way down to the players. He's not filling me which much hope/optimism as a fan, hopefully he's doing better behind the scenes.

He can't win though, because if he'd devolved some of the media duties over to Alan Knill he'd have been accused of hiding.

Nobody sounds good in interviews when their team is on a losing streak.

Welcome, Chris, to the ultimate Theme Park Experience - Kev's Human Shield World.

It needs saying, but no-one wants to say it, things will have to get a lot worse before they start getting better.

This is bullshit. I'm sorry but Wilder isn't showing anything in either thought or deed that shows him as an improvement over Adkins. At the current time Adkins did a better job than Wilder, Clough was a quantum leap ahead of both. I hope this changes but Wilder is being shown up as someone less professional than those who went before.

As I see it....we needed new players better than what we had last season.

So the manager identifies players who are in and around our level at other clubs that are better than the players we had last season.
He passes these to the negotiating plonkers, who are then tasked with getting them.

Wilder has done nothing wrong. He needed players immediately on his arrival. So if we can't get these players in its either because...
1. We undervalued our past players and therefore misjudged the cost of replacing them as needed. Thus making them unaffordable in the current budget.
2. We didn't get to work soon enough in picking up the free transfers
3. We haven't a big enough budget for the job and relied on sales first to release money putting us in the market at the top of its cost.

I think there is some apathy in the club thinking payers will walk over hot coals to come to us. They think we can just pay them what they are on now and allow them the privilege of playing in our amazing stadium in front of the self proclaimed best fans in the world.
We have sacked managers at the end of the last two seasons, sacking off whatever plans they had for the following season. We have a shocking scouting network, and this shows little sign of improvement. This means we have rarely is ever taken advantage of the European/foreign markets which are considerably cheaper and awash with talent.
It also means that Wilder cannot take the risk of gambles on lower league players, because like the previous managers he needs results immediately.

I will say this....we can moan about his signings....how much was spent....but we should have stuck with Clough.

#BringBackNige

:(

Well Chris hows player recruitment going ?
Wilder :- Errrrm when errrrrm Sheffield ummmmmm United ahhhhh yes errrr United errrrrrm ummm bid to errrr ummm sign errrr I mean errr what do I mean yes other errrr clubs quote ummmmm errrrrr farrrrrrrtttt yes fart too much. It isn't that errrrr easy yer know to errrr ummmm sign players.

Back
Top Bottom