Call yourselves Blades fans?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Silent Blade

Reaction score
I cannot believe those who have been very critical of the team and the manager last night and this morning. I was very disappointed that so many fans left the ground after Peterborough equalised and even more after they scored their 2nd goal

I have copied and pasted Cooper Blade's post from the RIP Shred into this post

Was stood behind him at an away match last season when the Blades fans started taking the piss out of the team -"We're not very good" or something like that. Shred was absolutely fuming and had a proper go at those singing "Have some fucking respect, they're our team, you're meant to be Blades". Top man.

Now Shred would be disappointed at last night's loss but he would have been even more angry with the knockers in here

everyone has the right to be disappointed.. problem is that on last nights performance we can't even be sure we'll turn up for the play offs. ultimately another year in this crappy division fills most people with dread..
i'm just a 'little' blade.. therefore i moan a lot. you bigger blades are obviously made of more sterner stuff and are prepared to take it up the arse on a regular basis without complaint. i haven't attained this lofty status and probably never will
ps throwing Shred (rip) into this is a cheap shot IMO

I cannot believe those who have been very critical of the team and the manager last night and this morning. I was very disappointed that so many fans left the ground after Peterborough equalised and even more after they scored their 2nd goal

I have copied and pasted Cooper Blade's post from the RIP Shred into this post

Was stood behind him at an away match last season when the Blades fans started taking the piss out of the team -"We're not very good" or something like that. Shred was absolutely fuming and had a proper go at those singing "Have some fucking respect, they're our team, you're meant to be Blades". Top man.

Now Shred would be disappointed at last night's loss but he would have been even more angry with the knockers in here

If people are getting served a shit sandwich for lunch they are entitled to say summat.

I don't think I'm less of a Blade because I think a desperate struggle for the play offs is a pretty poor return for a club of our size, with our supposed resources, in this shitbox division. I don't think I'm a treacherous, non-Bladey jackanapes for saying so either.

I call myself a Blade. I also call myself a member of a free democracy where my rights to freedom of expression and thought are guaranteed. I don't see why the two are mutually exclusive.
i would add.. a lot of people died to make this possible

I call myself a Blade. I also call myself a member of a free democracy where my rights to freedom of expression and thought are guaranteed. I don't see why the two are mutually exclusive.

And he is just as entitled to express his displeasure at such an expression as a member of a free democracy etc etc.

That sort of argument is, frankly, shit. Saying that someone should not criticise a football team is no more an interference with a right to free expression than you telling me I should not ask your granny if she likes it up the Gary Glitter.

I'm all for this positive Blades attitude sticking by your club through thick and thin BUT watching my team open the scoring and sit back immediately is soul destroying. His substitutions where strange and blaming the fact we sat back because Flynn got injured is a complete lie, I understood taking McNulty off for Reed because he was completely ineffective but Holt for me is a complete waste of time and needs to be sent back to Hearts.

And he is just as entitled to express his displeasure at such an expression as a member of a free democracy etc etc.

That sort of argument is, frankly, shit. Saying that someone should not criticise a football team is no more an interference with a right to free expression than you telling me I should not ask your granny if she likes it up the Gary Glitter.

She's dead Darren, thanks for asking.

yeah but we're not disputing 'his' opinion and his right to have it. he is disputing us having the right to ours..

No he isn't.

He is saying he is "disappointed" and that Shred would have been angry at certain fans' behaviour. Both reasonable points in my view.

All this bringing in rights to free expression and so on is ludicrous.

She's dead Darren, thanks for asking.

Sorry about that (both mine are too as it happens).

But you take my point. Telling someone they should not say something because it is inappropriate is not an interference with a right to free expression; they can still say whaetver it is they want and earn your disapproval thereby.

So you are saying Silent should not have brought Shred into this? What about Silent's right to free expression as a member of a free democracy that people died for etc etc?
:)
no i don't . i think you should have some respect for people who recently passed away. maybe i'm weird

I call myself a Blade and I went home last night with the distinct feeling that I'd been to the bank, withdrawn £100, and some cheeky cunts had picked my pocket, although it may have been down to leaving my wallet on display for everyone and his dog to have a go at.

I call myself a Blade and I went home last night with the distinct feeling that I'd been to the bank, withdrawn £100, and some cheeky cunts had picked my pocket, although it may have been down to leaving my wallet on display for everyone and his dog to have a go at.

As it happens, I agree with you. I think we have every right to be critical as we struggle to get a play off place in our fourth season in the third tier.

However, I don't think someone disagreeing with that is a case for the European Court of Human Rights.....

What I am trying to say is that we should fully back the team and the manager until the end of the season (or until we have no chance of getting promotion) and then feel free to criticise after that

What I am trying to say is that we should fully back the team and the manager until the end of the season (or until we have no chance of getting promotion) and then feel free to criticise after that

Easier to do when the manager backs the team, not so easy when, at 1-0, at home to bloody Peterborough, he thinks "That'll do".

PS I think the point might have been better taken without pointlessly invoking Shred.

ahh the crux of the misunderstanding.. perhaps some of us just reached this point??

So you are saying Silent should not have brought Shred into this? What about Silent's right to free expression as a member of a free democracy that people died for etc etc?

:)
Correct I I would defend Silents right to "his" opinion even if I don't agree with it but non of us have the right to second guess what someone else's reaction would have been when they are no longer here to deny or agree with the hypothesis offered.

Correct I I would defend Silents right to "his" opinion even if I don't agree with it but non of us have the right to second guess what someone else's reaction would have been when they are no longer here to deny or agree with the hypothesis offered.
Just an observation... having a right to say something does not mean you have to say something. I think we need to be tactful about what we post and how we respond to posts with this particular issue.

There are some who post in here that do try and start a campaign to spread negativity. How is that supposed to help the team? It is like watching a parent screaming orders (against the son's manager's instructions) at his son who is playing in a junior football match and very often the son loses his confidence.

We are still in 5th place and are trying to get out of this division.

There are some who post in here that do try and start a campaign to spread negativity. How is that supposed to help the team? It is like watching a parent screaming orders (against the son's manager's instructions) at his son who is playing in a junior football match and very often the son loses his confidence.

We are still in 5th place and are trying to get out of this division.

Does the negativity come from posters here, the people in the stands, or a team management which, as I say, declares at 1-0, at home, to bloody Peterborough? That's far more negative than owt I've seen posted on this site.

PS I actually think 5th place in the third division is nowt to crow about.

Back
Top Bottom