Call to arms

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HodgysBrokenThumb

Reaction score
With our main rivals not playing, we have a huge opportunity to put pressure on them with these next 2 games. This season has been the best for many years, particularly in the feeling of togetherness at the club. So let's do our bit, even if we can only contribute a fraction of 1% to the effort to get 6 points. Boys and girls, get singing and chanting. Oldies (like me), no moaning. If players make mistakes, don't get on their backs. I will do my bit behind the Kop goal to get the ref to stop their goalie cheating by wasting time - goalies all cheat, and most refs only intervene when the crowd gets onto them. If you're in the stands on the sides of the pitch, get shouting every time their players waste time at throw-ins, or pinch 5 yards. When their players shirt-pull or feign injury, let's put pressure on the ref - they are human! When one of our player chases a defender and makes them hurry a pass, let's roar our approval. (Pinchy, you are excused duty on that one, but at least don't say 'headless chicken' until after the game.) Let's make sure The Lane is a hostile place for the opposition; and then we can applaud them patronisingly at the end for being galant losers.

We beat Northampton when it mattered most and went top. Maybe we fans should try moving along with the club positively? ;)
We are so scarred by how this club fooks up generally that it's going to take a while for the healing process to gather pace. 7 or more points from the next 3 games would help :)

Back
Top Bottom